Jim Ross FIRED .... I mean RETIRED

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
WWE announced JR is retiring, but Meltzer said Vince made the decision based on JR not handling the drunking, rambling Ric Flair at the video game press conference

I really am beginning to hate Vince

The WWE's web site announced Jim Ross is retiring from the company to pursue other personal business endeavors.

Ross met with Vince McMahon today where the decision was made to end his run with the company, which had had a few stops and starts, dating back to the 1993 WrestleMania show.

The decision, which was made by McMahon, was first told to us by a source in the company that it was possible, if not likely on the day of SummerSlam, stemming from the now-infamous 2K Sports symposium where Ric Flair spoke at length about a variety of subjects.

Ross took heat from management for not cutting Flair off and keeping the symposium to what it was scripted to be. Even though it was a 2K Sports symposium, and 2K Sports people had no problem with Flair's behavior, those in WWE were not happy with certain subjects and how they were brought up.

Since nothing had happened for three weeks, many expected that the heat and blown over.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Konnan (AAA) on finding out that Vince fired Ross & Ross did not quit
"Vince is a dick" :haha7:

Meltzer said he received more confirmations that is was a firing & that it was solely Vince decision

my gut is they ask him back for DVD/Network work, but Konnan already said that AAA wants him & I am pretty curious if TNA makes a nice offer (but with their budget cuts maybe not)

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Amazing fucking audio with Konnan, Meltzer & Alvarez

He said something I never thought of, that wrestlers love Meltzer bec promoters had to stop treating wrestlers like shit due to his newsletter
He also admitted he fed him a lot of info & now the climate is different & he no longer does it anonymous

CHECK IT OUT

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
WWE announced JR is retiring, but Meltzer said Vince made the decision based on JR not handling the drunking, rambling Ric Flair at the video game press conference

I really am beginning to hate Vince
As big a cunt as Vince is in this, I hold Ric Flair partially responsible (a word he's never heard before -- irony). That fucking disgrace couldn't go a single night without dumping liquor down his throat because he thinks he's still "The Nature Boy". Additionally, as anyone who has seen an episode of Legends of Wrestling featuring him knows, Ric has to hijack any conversation that's occurring in his general vicinity. Everyone -- and I mean everyone -- let's him get away with it just because he's Ric Flair. None of that is JR's fault, of course, and that's why Vince is the biggest cunt involved in this.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
As big a cunt as Vince is in this, I hold Ric Flair partially responsible (a word he's never heard before -- irony). That fucking disgrace couldn't go a single night without dumping liquor down his throat because he thinks he's still "The Nature Boy". Additionally, as anyone who has seen an episode of Legends of Wrestling featuring him knows, Ric has to hijack any conversation that's occurring in his general vicinity. Everyone -- and I mean everyone -- let's him get away with it just because he's Ric Flair. None of that is JR's fault, of course, and that's why Vince is the biggest cunt involved in this.
Vince, HHH know what they will get when they allow Flair to show up at these things
They get Flair
This was Vince acting out his hard on for JR, no idea why he has one.
HHH loves the guy & Hunter is a prick too

Oh & Flair caught shit & lost a gig from it
They were really mad he talked about getting wasted with Cena

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
This was Vince acting out his hard on for JR, no idea why he has one.
Vince's still pissed because he hasn't been able to replace unglamorous, Southern, old school Jim Ross with a WWE original. JR has effortlessly outshined all of Vince's announcing creations and the audience loves and respects him way more.
They were really mad he talked about getting wasted with Cena
That's a PG problem. They don't want to acknowledge that Cena is a human being that likes to have a beer every now and then.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
To be fair .................. Ross was sloshed too

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
In typical Vince mode ............
The firing/retiring of Scott Armstrong was a reference to JR
20 years with the co. & a nice severance

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Ross is beginning to take pot shots now
He said he looks forward to starting a working relationship that is not based on lies & where he is respected & also says that WWE booking needs to get better ASAP & that won't happen if an ego cannot admit they don't know best

GO JR

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Ross is beginning to take pot shots now
He said he looks forward to starting a working relationship that is not based on lies & where he is respected & also says that WWE booking needs to get better ASAP & that won't happen if an ego cannot admit they don't know best

GO JR
& the person he met with is revealed

Love it

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
More shots by JR:
If more promotions listened more intently to their paying customers like the UFC apparently does, companies selling tickets to their events would experience more success.

When organizations stop listening to their consumers, trouble and a general malaise is on the way. Live audiences tell decision makers what they like or do not like every night that there is an event. Not listening to them or over thinking those reactions is arrogant and blatantly ignorant

On a different tangent, and just my two cents, another kiss of death in the pro wrestling business is to drape the comedic cloth over a talent and allow him/her to wrap themselves in "humorous attire" so to speak. When did a comedy act ever headline a major event ala WrestleMania?

Comedy acts screams 'prelims' and TV show 'filler.' Organic comedy is a completely different animal but attempting to write comedy and then have an untrained actor/comedian pull it off without the audience rolling their eyes is challenging....at best.

I must say I agree with JR
I wonder who he is referring to with the "comedy attire" thing?

Southtown

Aug 10, 2004
Could be the new Bull Fighting Guys. That has stupid written all over it.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Could be the new Bull Fighting Guys. That has stupid written all over it.
That is what I was thinking
But they don't seem to be pointed to anybody but kids with the "mascot"

Southtown

Aug 10, 2004
I was also thinking it could possibly be about Brodus Clay and Sweet T. Two guys that could be monster heels, but are too busy dancing with preteen kids while having goofy smiles on their faces.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Tensai sucked as a monster heel. Those two are right where they need to be.
I was also thinking it could possibly be about Brodus Clay and Sweet T. Two guys that could be monster heels, but are too busy dancing with preteen kids while having goofy smiles on their faces.
Brodus is really bad in ring & Tensai has failed in several incarnations.
Brodus was best as security for ADR

Southtown

Aug 10, 2004
Tensai probably could have been something, but he was doomed from the start by bringing him back in that goofy Japanese gimmick when everyone knew he was Albert.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Tensai probably could have been something, but he was doomed from the start by bringing him back in that goofy Japanese gimmick when everyone knew he was Albert.
I don't see it
They tried a few different times/characters
He just does not have "it" IMO (& most others)

Southtown

Aug 10, 2004
I am not saying he was the next big thing. Just throwing out some people with shitty comical gimmicks JR could be talking about.