jimmy on riley cooper was enraging.

Sep 15, 2011
tennessee
yeah,it's totally the same thing to not want my private messages read by the government and a guy yelling he'll jump a fence and beat up ******s with a camera in his face.

it's not they big A'd him,it was right there filming him.

he wasn't making a joke or using it in another context,he said he'll go fight ******s in a belligerent way knowing he was being filmed.is this a hill jim really wants to die on? there's way better fights to fight.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I didnt hear it but it sounds like this lady, Riley, is a racist. Is she the one on big brother?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I read that post three times and still have no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps I need to catch up on O&A shows.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
ah,it's cool to threaten to fight the ******s as long as you don't.

I just read the story, because I knew nothing about it.

He was pissed off and said something stupid. That's not a big deal. You don't think any of his black teammates have ever said "cracker" in anger? I don't have an issue with his team punishing him, because as a representative of that team he is expected to act a certain way in public. But any moron can tell he didn't actually intent on fighting "every nigg** there"... if he had I'm sure he would have faced much different consequences.

These are fucking words, let's stop being pussies about them.

Sep 15, 2011
tennessee
I just read the story, because I knew nothing about it.

He was pissed off and said something stupid. That's not a big deal. You don't think any of his black teammates have ever said "cracker" in anger? I don't have an issue with his team punishing him, because as a representative of that team he is expected to act a certain way in public. But any moron can tell he didn't actually intent on fighting "every nigg** there"... if he had I'm sure he would have faced much different consequences.

These are fucking words, let's stop being pussies about them.
the default cracker defense.

or you you could stop yelling ****** in public,that works too.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Why would someone at a kenny chesney concert suddenly show good judgement?

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
the default cracker defense.
The default deflection when double-standards are mentioned. Care to actually discuss them, or are you just going to ignore the example because racism only exists in the white community?

or you you could stop yelling ****** in public,that works too.
Anyone who wants to limit the speech of others because it "offends" them is a narcissist. They're a narcissist because they believe everyone else should adjust the way they act to fit in this one person's view of the way the world should be. The only time you have a legitimate right to demand another person changes their actions is if those actions infringe on your rights as a person. Words don't do that. You have no right to not be offended.

Here's what we should do. If someone is yelling "nigg**", dislike them. Hell, even hate them. But why silence them? Wouldn't you rather know the real feelings of someone around you? A correct response would be to say "that dude's an asshole" and move the fuck on. He didn't do anything to you. Your ears didn't start bleeding, your soul didn't leave your body. Those words are just vibrations in the air... they have ABSOLUTELY no meaning at all until they are interpreted in YOUR brain. A perfect example is one person can say "fuck nigg***" and another person can say "fuck crackers" with the exact same amount of malice, but one will carry more weight... because they are interpretative differently regardless of the intent of the speaker. Without being accompanied by or leading towards some type of action against your well being or in infringement of your rights, they're completely fucking harmless to you. Grow the fuck up.

Sep 15, 2011
tennessee
The default deflection when double-standards are mentioned. Care to actually discuss them, or are you just going to ignore the example because racism only exists in the white community?

Anyone who wants to limit the speech of others because it "offends" them is a narcissist. They're a narcissist because they believe everyone else should adjust the way they act to fit in this one person's view of the way the world should be. The only time you have a legitimate right to demand another person changes their actions is if those actions infringe on your rights as a person. Words don't do that. You have no right to not be offended.

Here's what we should do. If someone is yelling "nigg**", dislike them. Hell, even hate them. But why silence them? Wouldn't you rather know the real feelings of someone around you? A correct response would be to say "that dude's an asshole" and move the fuck on. He didn't do anything to you. Your ears didn't start bleeding, your soul didn't leave your body. Those words are just vibrations in the air... they have ABSOLUTELY no meaning at all until they are interpreted in YOUR brain. A perfect example is one person can say "fuck nigg***" and another person can say "fuck crackers" with the exact same amount of malice, but one will carry more weight... because they are interpretative differently regardless of the intent of the speaker. Without being accompanied by or leading towards some type of action against your well being or in infringement of your rights, they're completely fucking harmless to you. Grow the fuck up.
it's a double standard because they're two different words for two different things,what does cracker even mean? we know what ****** means.you sound like the typical white guy that's wants to say ****** SO BAD but can't.

you don't have the right to not be offended but you also don't have the right to be exempt from criticism or punishment.he's not suspended or cut,he'll be playing week 1 so let's not act like he's being silenced.

how about you just don't be a dick and yell ******?

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
it's a double standard because they're two different words for two different things,what does cracker even mean? we know what ****** means.you sound like the typical white guy that's wants to say ****** SO BAD but can't.
And you sound like a moron who is incapable of discussing an issue. I can say nigg** as much as I want. Most people around here wouldn't care. I just don't use it in my regular life because there's no reason to... because I don't give words that kind of weight.I'll say ****** in life if it's necessary to communicate an idea, just like I do with every other word.

you don't have the right to not be offended but you also don't have the right to be exempt from criticism or punishment.he's not suspended or cut,he'll be playing week 1 so let's not act like he's being silenced.

I already said his team has the right to do that. I was speaking to us as adults having our feelings hurt over words. That's ridiculous.

Sep 15, 2011
tennessee
And you sound like a moron who is incapable of discussing an issue. I can say nigg** as much as I want. Most people around here wouldn't care. I just don't use it in my regular life because there's no reason to... because I don't give words that kind of weight.I'll say ****** in life if it's necessary to communicate an idea, just like I do with every other word.

I already said his team has the right to do that. I was speaking to us as adults having our feelings hurt over words. That's ridiculous.
feel free to say ****** as much as you like just don't tell people to get over it if they get offended.

you don't think it might be weird if you're a black guy on the team and a guy you've known for couple years see's nothing wrong with calling people ******s? should they just get over it?

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
feel free to say ****** as much as you like just don't tell people to get over it if they get offended.

you don't think it might be weird if you're a black guy on the team and a guy you've known for couple years see's nothing wrong with calling people ******s? should they just get over it?

Yes, because it's just a word, and the only power it holds is the power you give it. Like I said, we're fucking adults. Stop crying over this bullshit.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute

Do you get all uppity when blacks use racist terms?

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
It was a Kenny chesney concert. How many were there to fight?

As for his teammates turning their backs on him... Phooey to all of 'em.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
In his defense, Chesney was really getting the crowd going with some of his more popular songs.

Like...

"When the Sun Goes Down (The Nig**rs Come Out)"

"She Thinks My Nig**r's Sexy"

"Who You'd Be Today (Had You Married a Nig**r)"

"Don't Blink (There's a N**ger Around Here Somewhere)"

"Boats (Put 'Them' On Some)"

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Dec 18, 2012
Straya cunt

If I angrily say '******' on a basketball court among black players (as if I'd be on one. They're usually full of you-know-whats) I deserve to be treated like a pariah or be socially ostracized, at least by blacks. Basically, the word itself means "fuck you black people, because you're black, because I'm white and better than you."

(Keep in mind that in that example, I'd be yelling it at a group, and not in some other weird example.)

However, the idea that saying anything incendiary is an issue in the 21st century is mind-boggling. People say harsh things. People call their wives 'cunts', their sons 'pieces of shit' and their mothers 'whores'. We say awful shit all of the time, but not everything is a news story. If someone publicly yelled 'YOU FUCKING CUNT!!' at their girl, everyone around them would treat that person like a leper and consider them socially-deficient, exactly because they're antisocial behaviour. It isn't an issue to be discussed, though. People are expected to act a certain way in public, end of story.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
If I angrily say '******' on a basketball court among black players (as if I'd be on one. They're usually full of you-know-whats) I deserve to be treated like a pariah or be socially ostracized, at least by blacks.
No, doing that means you ascend to the throne and become King of the Black People. On a tangential note, what's the Aussie equivalent of nigga or nigger (aside from those two words which you're perfectly able to say, of course)? Abbo? Paul Hogan?