Jimmy Rollins for M.V.P.

Kyle

Mr. Bananagrabber
Nov 20, 2005
Wilmington, DE
It's probably a lock...Holliday had a really good season, though, and deserves some recognition, but Rollins has been unbelievable, especially down the stretch.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
It's probably a lock...Holliday had a really good season, though, and deserves some recognition, but Rollins has been unbelievable, especially down the stretch.

you are absolutely right and i cant believe i thought utley might take some votes from him. god was i wrong. he has lived up to everything he said at the beginning of the year and did it with class

i tip my cap to you mr rollins :clap::clap:

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
All east coast bias aside. You are nuts if you think Rollins is a lock. Not saying he wont win it, but if Holiday beats Peavy in the playoff game tomorrow he would be on a Rockies team that would have finished 14-1 to become the Wild Card. Plus you better all pray Opie doesn't say the name Jimmy Rollins on air or he is fucked.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
All east coast bias aside. You are nuts if you think Rollins is a lock. Not saying he wont win it, but if Holiday beats Peavy in the playoff game tomorrow he would be on a Rockies team that would have finished 14-1 to become the Wild Card. Plus you better all pray Opie doesn't say the name Jimmy Rollins on air or he is fucked.

i dont think any of us think he is a lock but it is who we are rooting for. holiday has been sick and could very well win it

opie keep your mouth shut. dont even talk about baseball

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
i dont think any of us think he is a lock but it is who we are rooting for. holiday has been sick and could very well win it

opie keep your mouth shut. dont even talk about baseball

Every person in this thread before you and myself said it was "a lock" or "was there ever a question". I understand why you guys are pulling for him I was just trying to drop some logic in the thread.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Every person in this thread before you and myself said it was "a lock" or "was there ever a question". I understand why you guys are pulling for him I was just trying to drop some logic in the thread.
Please don't. It's our small moment in the sun. J Roll for president! ;)

F

Frank N. Beans

i agree that Matt Holiday has had a great season, he's like top 4 in every offensive category...But I'm a Phillies fan so i say give it to J-Roll. I was at the game today and it was unbelievable. When he hit his 20th triple to have 20 triples, doubles, HR's & stolen bases I think he locked it up.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Curtis Granderson is wondering what took Rollins so long to join the 20-20-20-20 club.

Aug 5, 2004
As a Met Fan I cant say I disagree... Give that man the MVP! He deserves it.

And give David Wright the WORTHLESS CUNT award.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
If Jimmy Rollins doesn't win the MVP its a crime.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I just get worried by close votes. Morneau is pretty much voter stupidity personified. He was the third most valuable player on his own team.

Some idiots might still vote for Howard 'cause OMG HE HITZ HRS11!!!!!

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
I just get worried by close votes. Morneau is pretty much voter stupidity personified. He was the third most valuable player on his own team.

Some idiots might still vote for Howard 'cause OMG HE HITZ HRS11!!!!!
qft

Kyle

Mr. Bananagrabber
Nov 20, 2005
Wilmington, DE
He's a lock because of the East Coast bias.

Statistically, it's absolutely a dead heat...in reality, it's probably a dead heat...both were tremendous catalysts for their team, both teams finished with the same record...let's assume the Rocks win tomorrow...then both teams would be in the playoffs.

Usually, though, if all things are equal, it tips in the favor of the East Coast player.

It sucks in some regards...both these guys deserve MVP quality recognition.

hybriddriver

she is ice cream
Feb 20, 2006
PA
Curtis Granderson is wondering what took Rollins so long to join the 20-20-20-20 club.

He's also wondering what he's going to do while Jimmy Rollins' Phillies are playing baseball later this week.

Danesy

Cute but psycho, it all evens out.
Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
If for no other reason he deserves it for this last month ... he led this team and is the most valuable player on this team. Remove him from the team, and they don't make the playoffs ...

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
If for no other reason he deserves it for this last month ... he led this team and is the most valuable player on this team. Remove him from the team, and they don't make the playoffs ...

Remove Howard for the last month or Utley or Rowand and they don't make the playoffs. He had a little help down the stretch.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
One funny thing though, if you look into all stats, the two most valuable players in the NL this year were Miguel Cabrera and Hanley Ramirez. That team might have won 40 games without them.

Only player who had a higher VORP than Hanley, was ARod, and Wright was only 3 points behind Hanley.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
jim rome had the gm of the rockies on today and he said hands down that holiday should win the mvp. he is a top two candidate but neither nor rollins is a hands down winner for mvp

the mvp is still an individual thing to me. whether the team is in the playoffs or not isnt only because of one player. the overall best stats offensively and defensively should win it(and that includes all stats)

VersionX

Jul 18, 2004
If you wanna know why Rollins is your MVP, recall the first inning of yesterday's game. Rollins singles, steals second, steals third, and scores a run. He creates runs and is the lifeblood of this offense. And don't even get me started on how good he is defensively.

Oh, and it should also count for something that, in an age where nobody is willing to go out on a limb, Rollins said in spring training that the PHillies were the team ot beat in the NL East. Then he went out and backed it the fuck up with his playing. Honestly, in the sense of all-time guarantees, I put it up there with Messier's during the Rangers run in 93-94.

J-Roll is the heart and the sparkplug of the team that's the #2 seed in the NL and the best offense in the NL. He makes the Phillies go, much moreso than Holliday does the Rockies. Don't talk about The Phils' lineup, look at Colorado's. They have mini-Matsui, Taveras, Atkins, Tulo, Hawpe, and Helton to complement him, all of whom are good at worst. Their lineup is freakin SCARY. And Fielder had a solid corps. around him too with Hardy, Braun, Weeks, and Hart all playing solid. Not to mention that team buckled like Cadillac's knee, so how valuable is Prince, really?

Rollins is the MVP in my mind, and the mind of many others. I'm real interested to see how it plays out, but even the Fox announcers (yes, even McCarver, who isn't a Phillies fan by any means) agreed that Rollins should be MVP.