Jimmy's greatest moment ever is because of Ronnie B, not Earl

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006

If you listened to Ron and Fez Friday, you would have heard the truth come out about who really got Jimmy into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame two years ago where he got his greatest photo ever. It wasn't Earl Douglas, although he has been taking credit for it since day one. Jimmy used Ronnie B's pass to that event. Ever since Earl has been using this as a license to eat Jimmy's almonds, chew on his pens, and other shenanigans.

Pretty startling revelation considering many thought this was the greatest thing Earl ever did.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Awwww, look at Jimmy in his big boy clothes.

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
Pretty startling revelation considering many thought this was the greatest thing Earl ever did.
I'm pretty sure this was talked about on air 2 years ago while the whole thing was happening. Earl said he was only able to get two tickets and when Ron found out he passed on his ticket.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I'm pretty sure this was talked about on air 2 years ago while the whole thing was happening. Earl said he was only able to get two tickets and when Ron found out he passed on his ticket.
No, that's not how I remembered it. It was Earl and his "connections" that got Jimmy in. Ron only brought it up 2 years later because he was never given credit.

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
No, that's not how I remembered it. It was Earl and his "connections" that got Jimmy in. Ron only brought it up 2 years later because he was never given credit.
Maybe I'm thinking of another time but I'm 85% sure my story is right.

GDRC

This is what I do now
Jun 28, 2006
MA
That's why Ronnie B is a true hero.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Anyone notice that Geezer actually looks happy to be in the picture? Bill just looks like he wants a drink, and Ozzy is distracted. Tony looks like Tony always does.

I'd kill a midget to get a picture like that with Sabbath.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Maybe I'm thinking of another time but I'm 85% sure my story is right.
My memory is a bit faded, but the part that is left remembers it your way.
Ron gave up his ticket and it was known at the time. I believe I remember Jim thanking him for doing it. Earl just facilitated getting it handed over, and as I remember, fucked that up too.

Ron is truly a great guy. Giving up something that would be cool, but mean even more to your friend is pretty amazing.

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
I think Jimmy was mostly thankful for the photo, one of the only things Earl seems somewhat capable of doing.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
Earl is a piece of shit...The fact that he hid the truth about the source of that extra ticket just annoys the fuck out of me.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Earl is a piece of shit...The fact that he hid the truth about the source of that extra ticket just annoys the fuck out of me.
If I'm remembering wrong, and he actually took credit for the ticket away from Ron, that really changes my opinion of him. I always thought he was a sort of likeable doofus, and mostly playing a character while actually doing something valuable behind the stage.
If he really stole the credit, everything changes.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
If I remember corrrrectly, it was Ron's ticket that got him in, but it was Earl's connections that got him into the bowels of the venue and Earl actually took the picture. Something that even Opie has tapped out on since.

As much as I think Earl is a fuck up, I think he deserves a little more credit on this one. Whatever happened up to that point is irrelevant, Earl got the shot and took it and it came out great.

G

gashog301

when will earl just be FIRED!!!