Jimmy's remaining goals?

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
With the big HBO thing upon us, I figured this would be an interesting topic.
I always find it interesting when Norton says that nothing would make him happier than when Ozzy recognizes him in some small way.

Similarly, I remember him talking about how he always wanted to meet someone whose work he has long been a fan of (Deniro), and have them tell him that they enjoy his work.

I think the latter may have happened with Edward Norton when he phoned in one day and someone mentioned Jim, and Ed said, "That guy's funny." Ed apparently didn't know Jim was in studio.

Then there was the great Kate Beckinsale story. Meeting at a comedy club and her asking him out. Then her publicist blowing off Jimmy when he tried to return her call.

Has he clarified what else he might like to do in his career? Clearly, he wouldn't mind acting.

I could see him getting a serious role sometime.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
Jim's interview with Ray Ellin last night was pretty good. There is a download of it out there.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
Have you seen Lucky Louie?
sure. i thought that it was a bit flat, mostly, because he wasn't writing it.

but drama is something different. Many comedians have the ability to draw upon their personal pain or issues and channel it into both comedy and drama.

D

DC721

What was the Kate Beckinsale incident?

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
What was the Kate Beckinsale incident?

I guess first you should know Jim met Kate while both were on Leno....on the couch during the breaks there, Kate found Jim funny and even used the c-word.....she said she'd love to see Jim live in NYC next week....then this is what happened....

http://oaexperience.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2649

(google has directed me to this....which is solid, because I had actually never been there before.)