Joe Frazier....Dead

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-boxing/20111105/Joe-Frazier-Liver-Cancer-Fight/
PHILADELPHIA -- Legendary boxer Smokin’ Joe Frazier is in the final fight of his life.

Frazier, who gave the boxing world the “Thrilla in Manila,” and many other classic memories, is deathly ill with advanced liver cancer.

"He’s in serious shape, we’re looking for a miracle," a source close to the former heavyweight champ told The New York Post. "They’re only giving him a short time to live. We need to have as many people as possible praying for Joe right now."

A fierce and smothering fighter with a devastating left hook, Frazier, 67, is considered one of the great gentlemen of the sport outside of the ring.

His captivating bouts with Muhammad Ali put boxing in the spotlight for a new generation of fans as the sport truly became The Main Event. The “Thrilla in Manila,” the third fight of their epic encounters, was one of the greatest fights of them all.

Both boxers were near exhaustion when Frazier’s trainer, Eddie Futch, ended the fight in Ali’s favor after 14 punishing rounds.

Ali entered the ring thinking he was fighting a washed up Frazier, and insulted Frazier often leading up to the fight, calling him a "gorilla." Deeply hurt by the comments, Frazier came at Ali with a vengeance. At one point Ali, gaining new respect for Frazier, whispered in his ear, "Joe, they told me you was all washed up."

His response to Ali was classic, "They told you wrong, pretty boy."

Throughout those middle rounds, Frazier continued to come at Ali with vicious body blows. After the fight, Ali, who now suffers from Parkinson’s disease, admitted, "It was the closest I’ve come to death."

Frazier retired shortly after that battle and became an ambassador for the sport. He also started a singing career, billed as Joe Frazier and the Knockouts.

"Joe is one of the sweetest guys you could ever meet," a friend said. "Sometimes we’d be driving down the highway and see a car broken down and we would have to go out and help somebody. That’s Joe Frazier."
Good Luck Bro

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Love Joe & wish him well

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
Good luck, Joe.

Of those three great fighters of that era (Ali and Foreman the others), Foreman is the only one still cruising along. That statement was apropos of nothing, I know.

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
Joe Frazier on Dick Cavett along with Bill Cosby and Jack Benny. They don't make TV like this anymore:

[video=youtube;-IQEu4VvDHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=-IQEu4VvDHg[/video]

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
Smokin' Joe Frazier Dead At 67 From Liver Cancer

Philadelphia boxing legend and former undisputed heavyweight champion "Smokin' " Joe Frazier has passed away at 67. Frazier was diagnosed with liver cancer in late September. His condition never appeared to improve and he was moved to hospice care earlier this month. Frazier is best known for his fights with Muhammad Ali and George Foreman which defined a generation.

fuck i suck! never bothered to look to see if it was posted!

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
And the death trifecta is almost complete....

Did Steve Jobs start this trifecta?

It is a shame though. I know the Mummy movies made money, but you think he'd have a bigger career.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Wtf. He looked good last I saw him on the tele still talking shit about ali. Miss ya Joe.

motherfer

May 3, 2005
Just to be a hack.

Done goes Frazier. Done goes Frazier.

Thoughts and Prayers, Thought And Prayers. Who thought Ali would out live Joe?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
RIP Joe.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
This was a surprise...

Floyd Mayweather said:
"My Condolences go out to the family of the late great Joe Frazier. #TheMoneyTeam will pay for his Funeral services."