Joe Rogan says "Howard is his generations Johnny Carson"

May 10, 2007
I just heard it mentioned that Joe Rogan hasn't done the Howard Stern Show and they've been wondering why. Finally Joe has mended whatever tie they had severed and mentioned to Steve Langford a huge compliment, Howard is his generations Johnny Carson.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
he said going on Howards show "WAS" like going on Carson, Howard "WAS" this generations Carson.

as opposed to him writing on his website his favorite radio show "IS" Opie and Anthony, and he thinks Jim Norton "IS" the funniest person on the radio.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment of where Howard was when he was at his peak. The only difference is that Johnny knew how to make a graceful exit. What Howard is doing now would be equivalent to Johnny doing Karnac on late-night public access - Doing one bit for just a small fraction of his former audience.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
It is no secret he has done both shows. He is a friend of the show and not only does he do good radio, he has never said one bad thing about the show. Stop trying to stir up shit.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
Joe Rogan is a friend of the show and his friends are even members of this board...why try and stir the pot?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I don't see what's wrong with what he said.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
My oh my, another Howard thread. Well, at least this one has some merit. Its fair to say that Howard was the Johnny........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
I just wonder if anyone here is so myopic that they doubt that Howard was once great.

I tired of him several years ago, but you really can't deny those few peak years. Ant has said that several times, while I think Opie doesn't like to state that much publicly. There's a guy somewhere on wackbag who is a total psycho about this stuff.....messed up in the head. Maybe he'll step into this thread.

He's the only wackbagger I hate.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Joe Rogan doesn't have to prove anything to any of us. He could beat all of our asses at the same time.

Jan 31, 2006
I don't see what's wrong with what he said.
Nothing, nothin wrong with liking both shows. Some people want to claim guest for a weird reason bc it weirdly validates why they like a show. Because Joe obviously wants to move passed what got him mad and go back on Stern doesn't mean he doesn't like O&A (lol)
Colin Quinn is like a Stern encyclopedia and enjoys both shows as well.

I find it weirder that guys like Rogan & Billy West are using Greg Fitzsimmons show to go back on Stern when they have open invites. :huh:

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Nothing, nothin wrong with liking both shows. Some people want to claim guest for a weird reason bc........
who said its wierd or had any problem with what rogan said? no one. and I only pointed out there you got the quote wrong- rogan was talking in past tense.

yet starfucker tried to stir up shit after you failed the first time.

Jan 31, 2006
who said its wierd or had any problem with what rogan said? no one. and I only pointed out there you got the quote wrong- rogan was talking in past tense.

yet starfucker tried to stir up shit after you failed the first time.

No I didnt get the quote wrong, go back in the other thread read the ACTUAL/FACTUAL quotes & then re-listen

I'm not trying to "stir-up" anything

Don't be so overly-sensitive and protective of a radio shows guest ...... :icon_roll

EDITED:

Eh I'll just repost here:

I love Howard Stern
I'd go back on his show for sure
I always said that being on Howard Stern was our version of Johnny Carson & it IS for sure
All exact quotes

I put the ACTUAL audio up Mendoza

He did talk about his first appearance AFTER saying the above (when he said being on Stern meant more than any other show)

I never put down O&A or his like of the show. I think he is better on O&A than Stern. There was no "haha" in my post just the actual audio & now actual quotes.

He can certainly feel love for both shows & its obvious he is headed back to do Howards as well

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
No I didnt get the quote wrong, go back in the other thread read the ACTUAL/FACTUAL quotes & then re-listen

I'm not trying to "stir-up" anything

Don't be so overly-sensitive and protective of a radio shows guest ...... :icon_roll

He can certainly feel love for both shows & its obvious he is headed back to do Howards as well
stop it. I listened to it. Rogan was talking about the experience of going on stern for the first time years ago and what it was like. you threw it up and described it like he was talking about going on howard last week. you were stirring. or trying to. you wouldnt have posted it otherwise.

Jan 31, 2006
stop it. I listened to it. Rogan was talking about the experience of going on stern for the first time years ago and what it was like. you threw it up and described it like he was talking about going on howard last week. you were stirring. or trying to. you wouldnt have posted it otherwise.

Wow just WoW

I quoted him exactly & put up the actual audio

How could that possibly be describing it wrong or trying to mislead, when I backed it up twice :icon_eek::icon_mrgr:icon_eek:

Amazing how protective you are, I doubt the boys care but you do (& maybe your therapist) :action-sm

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Wow just WoW

I quoted him exactly & put up the actual audio

How could that possibly be describing it wrong or trying to mislead, when I backed it up twice :icon_eek::icon_mrgr:icon_eek:

Amazing how protective you are, I doubt the boys care but you do (& maybe your therapist) :action-sm
its not about the show, I didnt even talk about the shows, just your trolling nature. yes he talking about going on for the first time and said it was the carson of his generation, it meant more to him than doing the tonight show. thats what he said. theres nothing wrong with that nowhere did I or anyone else say there was like it was a betrayal. none of us said that. troll attempt failed

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Another FAILED attempt at stirring the pot,,,by another LONG TIME stern troll

YOU LOSE SIR!

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
who cares and fuck rogan
in his prime howard was the best period

Jan 31, 2006
its not about the show, I didnt even talk about the shows, just your trolling nature. yes he talking about going on for the first time and said it was the carson of his generation, it meant more to him than doing the tonight show. thats what he said. theres nothing wrong with that nowhere did I or anyone else say there was like it was a betrayal. none of us said that. troll attempt failed
You do need therapy
I posted exactly what he said & the link & you responded with "his favorite radio show "IS" Opie and Anthony, and he thinks Jim Norton "IS" the funniest person on the radio. "

Of course you "didnt even talk about the shows" - where did I get that from::hammer:

Now take a pill for your nerves :icon_bigg

:action-sm

May 10, 2007
lol. you cannot talk sense to mendozathejew. move on, frank.