John from shipping department of Emergency Medic Alert

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
Has anyone else been getting these calls?
It's like this
Hi, uh, this is John from the shipping department of Emergency Medical Alert, I was calling to uh schedule a delivery of your medical alert system, it's uh the "fallen, and I can't get up" type of system you've seen on TV. Looks like the system's been uh recommended by thousands of hospitals and medical professionals, uh, let's see, says here that the system's already been paid for. Looks like you're getting the system because uh either yourself, a friend, a family member or maybe even someone you know has experienced a fall in the past so uh again it's already been paid for so there's no cost to your whatsoever. Also says here that the shipping has already been paid for so to uh schedule the delivery of your Emergency Medical Alert System press 1 uh again to uh have your system shipped out to you press 1 now...press 5 to decline the shipment of your system
It's a Philly number 610-257-7096 and It doesn't sound like a recording.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I never answer my home phone.
I let the answering machine pick up and
I don't give out my cell so I never get those calls.

Sounds like a scam to me.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
I knew that from the jump. It sounds like the guy is using a cell phone. Which begs the question how has he not gotten caught yet?

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I don't get calls like this. I don't have a landline, we use our cell phones as primary means of communication.