John & Ken suspended for calling Whitney Houston"crack ho"+"cracked out for 20 years"

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Opie's Twitter
Opieradio said:
OpieRadio RT @AP LA radio hosts suspended for comments about Whitney Houston's drug use: apne.ws/xu45Qc ME: THE RADIO BUSINESS IS PATHETIC 44 minutes ago
AP Article:
AP said:
LA radio hosts suspended for Houston comments

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A Los Angeles radio station has pulled two popular talk radio hosts off the air for comments they made about Whitney Houston.

KFI AM 640 suspended John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou, the hosts of the "John and Ken Show," for "making insensitive and inappropriate comments about the late Whitney Houston," it said in a statement Thursday.

"Management does not condone, support or tolerate statements of this kind," the station said.

According to audio posted online at UrbanInformer.com, the hosts called the late singer a "crack ho" and said she was "cracked out for 20 years."

Kobylt said in statement that he and Chiampou "used language that was inappropriate" and they "sincerely apologize" to their listeners and to Houston's family.

"We made a mistake, and we accept the station's decision," said Kobylt.

The hosts, who broadcast their show weekday afternoons, will return to the airwaves Feb. 27.

Kobylt and Chiampou often rail against taxes and illegal immigration. The National Hispanic Media Coalition said last year that it targeted the show's advertisers to urge them to stop backing the program.

The group said the hosts promote hate speech and appealed to listeners to call and harass an advocate for immigrant rights about state legislation to give financial aid to illegal immigrant college students.

"A temporary suspension is not enough," Alex Nogales, president and CEO of NHMC, said in a statement. "How many times do John and Ken get to spew their hate, apologize and then do it again after taking off a long weekend? KFI must permanently remove John and Ken from the air. Los Angeles deserves better."

Online:

http://www.kfiam640.com
http://www.johnandkenshow.com
http://www.urbaninformer.com

KFI 640
AM 's facebook, twitter, etc
1-800-520-1KFI / 640640
Toll Voice Mail: 1-818-566-4789

John and Ken's Contact Info

On air: Weekdays 3-7
Toll Call / Text: 1-818-566-4789 / 640640
Email: johnken640@kfi640.com
Facebook: Become a Fan
Twitter: Follow Me
Youtube: Watch

News Articles

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
"A temporary suspension is not enough," Alex Nogales, president and CEO of NHMC, said in a statement. "How many times do John and Ken get to spew their hate, apologize and then do it again after taking off a long weekend? KFI must permanently remove John and Ken from the air. Los Angeles deserves better."
Then start a better show, people will listen, J&K will lose ratings, and then lose their job. Asshole.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Whitney Houston was Hispanic?

paffa2

Jul 21, 2011
Wellllll guess we're gonna hear about it tomorrow!

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The group said the hosts promote hate speech and appealed to listeners to call and harass an advocate for immigrant rights about state legislation to give financial aid to illegal immigrant college students.
Financial aid and not hearing mean things aren't rights, you pieces of shit.

"A temporary suspension is not enough," Alex Nogales, president and CEO of NHMC, said in a statement. "How many times do John and Ken get to spew their hate, apologize and then do it again after taking off a long weekend? KFI must permanently remove John and Ken from the air.
"Go pick my spinach." - Patrice Oneal

Los Angeles deserves better."
No it doesn't.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
if Al Sharpton gets wind of this then John & Ken are fucked.

Oct 4, 2004
Las Vegas
Better get HTG and the People Against Censorship on... oh wait.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
From wikipedia:
In 2000:
Kobylt and Chiampou also had various stunts, one of which got them in trouble and forced them into attending diversity training, which they later said they resented taking, and disliked the Disney management toning down their banter. Due to low ratings and mutual dissatisfaction between the station and the hosts, KABC dropped the show on October 20, 2000.
Now:
On February 13 and 14, 2012 the duo made disparaging comments in reference to the late Whitney Houston, calling her a 'crack ho' on-air among other comments about Houston's alleged drug use and mental state. This caused a stir in media circles and in the African-American community as racially insensitive reference to the recently dead singer. On February 16, KFI AM announced John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou were suspended for seven days, "for making insensitive and inappropriate comments about the late Whitney Houston". John Kobylt said, “We made a mistake, and we accept the station’s decision. We used language that was inappropriate, and we sincerely apologize to our listeners and to the family of Ms. Houston.” This is their first suspension from KFI.[24]

John and Ken will return to the air Monday, February 27

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
These people need to mind their own cunting business. She was a fucking drug addict. So I guess it's not okay to call an elephant an elephant anymore. Fucking pc assholes.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I know times are tough and the guys want to keep their gigs, but I still kinda want them fired for apologizing.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I know times are tough and the guys want to keep their gigs, but I still kinda want them fired for apologizing.
Their apology was written by the same people who wrote O&A's Homeless Charlie apology. Don't read too much into the apology. We accept the station's decision. Yeah right.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Chris Brown performed at the Grammys last Sunday.

That's how fucked up things are getting.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I know violence against women and free speech are two totally different subjects that can't really be weighed side by side, but it IS extremely fucked up that Chris Brown beat the living shit out of a chick and is now performing at the Grammys with seemingly no repercussions to his career, while people like this lose their jobs over some crude but 100% true statements.

Their apology should have included a link to Joe Rogan's friend's video about selling her coke.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I know violence against women and free speech are two totally different subjects that can't really be weighed side by side, but it IS extremely fucked up that Chris Brown beat the living shit out of a chick and is now performing at the Grammys with seemingly no repercussions to his career, while people like this lose their jobs over some crude but 100% true statements.

Their apology should have included a link to Joe Rogan's friend's video about selling her coke.
Chris Brown is black and works in a field where it's acceptable to beat women. John and Ken are white and work in a field where people make a living trying to get you fired.

These two guys are the most milquetoast "shock jocks" in the business. If they're not safe, no one in radio is. It's fucking disgraceful that management won't stand up for them and caves in to faggot special interest groups. They should just do what the management at my station does, ignore these assholes. Our management leaves the second their own shows are over and never read emails or take calls from listeners. More stations should be like that. These professional media assassins MUST be stopped.

SandN611

Jan 26, 2012
NJ
She's fucking dead. Didn't' she pay a big enough price?

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
Who cares. If you work in the radio business and you call a college girl a nappy-headed hoe or if you call Whitney Huston a crackwhore the day after she died, you're going to get fired. Deal with it already!

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Who cares. If you work in the radio business and you call a college girl a nappy-headed hoe or if you call Whitney Huston a crackwhore the day after she died, you're going to get fired. Deal with it already!
What do you do for a living? How would you like it if there were entire groups of people who nitpicked and distorted every little thing you did at work in an effort to get you fired? These groups are fucking scumbags and must be stopped. Just because you might not find John and Ken or Imus to be entertaining shows doesn't mean that they aren't deserving of protection from these assholes.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
What do you do for a living? How would you like it if there were entire groups of people who nitpicked and distorted every little thing you did at work in an effort to get you fired? These groups are fucking scumbags and must be stopped. Just because you might not find John and Ken or Imus to be entertaining shows doesn't mean that they aren't deserving of protection from these assholes.

they're also tiny groups with maybe 12 members, and I can assure you that anyone complaining about what these guys said, did not hear it when it was originally broadcast

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
I have no idea what's that's like.

It's only words. May be true also. But, should they be smarter in todays pc radio climate?