John Ringo working on another Troy series book

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
"I would like to note that your decision, while out-of-the-box, was probably one of the smartest military decisions I've ever seen, General," Kinyon said. "You saved most of your people in a hopeless tactical situation. You would have lost ninety percent if they'd stayed to fight."
"Which was the point," Sho'Duphuder said. "The problems being... many."
"I understand," Kinyon said, shrugging. "We've had many polities in our history where victory was the only acceptable result, no matter the conditions." He paused for a moment then shrugged again. "We are more than willing to offer yourself and your senior officers sanctuary pending the outcome of the war."
"Thank you, but no," Sho'Duphuder said. "I'll accept the Kazi. That way I may at least be able to shield my senior officers from similar retribution. I am sorry for your own losses as well, Admiral. The loss of the light boat squadrons was, truly and horribly, fortunes of war. From what I've gleaned, your ships fought extremely well as well."
"Thank you, General," Kinyon said. "They do not grow old."
"Excuse me?" Sho'Duphuder asked.
"One of our poems of loss, General," Captain Sharp said. "They do not grow old as we who are left grow old. Age does not worry, nor the years condemn."
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we shall remember them," Admiral Kinyon finished. "The current plan is to use the Ixphibimuh to shuttle your personnel back to Glalkod station. From there... Up to Rangoran forces. We request that you take temporary command of all rescued survivors, from whatever group, as senior officer and begin management of those survivors as soon as practicable. Ixphibimuh is the only Rangoran combatant ship we will continue to allow to enter the Eridani system now that Troy is on station."
"You intend to hold Eridani?" Sho'Duphuder asked, unsurprised.
"General, we shortly intend to hold Glalkod," Kinyon said, smiling toothily again. "So when you get there, don't bother to unpack."
Then again, he released snippets of his Empire Of Man story months and months ago, and no word on that. Very frustrating.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
John is snippeting on Facebook again. And it's devolved into a Blazing Saddles meme thread.