John Singleton kills woman in car accident.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
LOS ANGELES - Oscar-nominated director John Singleton was driving a Lexus SUV when it struck and killed a jaywalker who stepped in front of the car, police said Friday.

Singleton, 39, immediately stopped his car and waited for police to arrive after the accident Thursday night in the city's Jefferson Park neighborhood, said Officer Jason Lee, a police spokesman.

"Mr. Singleton stopped and identified himself as required by law and was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol," Lee said. "He was questioned and released."

The woman was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead Friday morning, Lee said. She was identified as Constance Russell, 57, of Los Angeles.

Other details were not immediately released, and an after-hours call to Singleton's agent was not immediately returned.

Singleton, whose debut film, 1991's "Boyz N The Hood," earned him two Oscar nominations, has also directed "Poetic Justice," "Shaft," and "2 Fast 2 Furious." He was the producer of "Hustle & Flow," "Black Snake Moan" and the just-released "Illegal Tender."
She was naughty, she was a jay walker.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Fark had a great headline for this.

"Boyz on the Hood"...even though it was a chick.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Jay walkers drive me fucking INSANE! It is a huge pet-peeve of mine.... and I'm glad that the person he hit was doing it. Otherwise he'd be fucked. Well... probably not since he's rich and famous, but most people would be fucked.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ha ha, uppity sparkling wiggle, im surprised he had all his paper work in order,

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
He directed "2 Fast 2 Furious"....that's way too easy

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
Jay walkers drive me fucking INSANE! It is a huge pet-peeve of mine.... and I'm glad that the person he hit was doing it. Otherwise he'd be fucked. Well... probably not since he's rich and famous, but most people would be fucked.
Maybe in civil court, but unless you run someone over purposly, it's just paper work.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Officer Jason Lee?

Damn, I thought "My Name is Earl" was doing good...