Jordan Peterson on the Postmodernist Movement

KRSOne

In this video, the interviewer appears to be competing for dumbest human on the planet. I think she comes quite close.

My favorite part is when she admits 'you got me' at 22:40. To the question about why should his free speech be more important than a trans persons 'right' to not be offended.

In this video, the interviewer appears to be competing for dumbest human on the planet. I think she comes quite close.

"SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS..
SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS..
SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS.."

Look at me! I'm an interviewer.

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
It's hard for me not to hate his fucking Kermit the frog voice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Foggy

all mayo is actually my cum
Donator
"SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS..
SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS.."

Look at me! I'm a woman.
ftfy

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
They are masterful at changing the narrative.
Whenever you see someone move the goalposts so quickly you know they're simply not interested in having an actual discussion. This is a game to them, and all they want to do is win by silencing their opponent.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Whenever you see someone move the goalposts so quickly you know they're simply not interested in having an actual discussion. This is a game to them, and all they want to do is win by silencing their opponent.
Even for someone as smart as Peterson, there's no winning move. Best not even play, which he has mentioned before.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Even for someone as smart as Peterson, there's no winning move. Best not even play, which he has mentioned before.
I would agree if the forum weren't as large as it is. Peterson's smart enough to understand that the actual discussion he's having is not with the television presenter, but rather the television audience. In a one on one situation it's a completely futile endeavor though.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I would agree if the forum weren't as large as it is. Peterson's smart enough to understand that the actual discussion he's having is not with the television presenter, but rather the television audience. In a one on one situation it's a completely futile endeavor though.
But is it even worth taking part in the bigger picture? Why not let them play their little game while you sit back above it all?

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
But is it even worth taking part in the bigger picture? Why not let them play their little game while you sit back above it all?
I'd say it's worth it because there are still critical thinkers out there who aren't so rigidly tied to political ideologies and are open to hearing different perspectives. Peterson, by not actually being what they claim he is and fighting back against them, can potentially reach some of these people and change their minds. Plus, it also keeps his name out there and makes him money.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I'd say it's worth it because there are still critical thinkers out there who aren't so rigidly tied to political ideologies and are open to hearing different perspectives. Peterson, by not actually being what they claim he is and fighting back against them, can potentially reach some of these people and change their minds. Plus, it also keeps his name out there and makes him money.
As good as he is, I'm not sure he is changing minds.
I imagine he could make a shit ton of money off this (and he probably is)but it wouldn't be worth it to me.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
As good as he is, I'm not sure he is changing minds.
Eh, you never know. I could see the ridiculous juxtaposition of how, in this latest case, they're portraying him to how he actually acted might open some eyes. Again, it's all predicated on whether or not the person is blinded by ideology, but I think most people are not as polarized as the internet makes it seem.

I imagine he could make a shit ton of money off this (and he probably is)but it wouldn't be worth it to me.
Oh, I completely agree. I deal with so much crazy bullshit in school and I pretty much just nod my head and walk away. I'd have to be making incredible money to deal with the aggravation.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I'm listening the full 2 hour breakdown now and he's really digging into what a piece of phony shit she is.

I like his point about how she's not facing the music and the longer she waits, it's only going to get worse. That's a point that strikes home even with those deepest in denial. One day it's all going to come crashing down so have fun with that.

I like his point about how she's not facing the music and the longer she waits, it's only going to get worse. That's a point that strikes home even with those deepest in denial. One day it's all going to come crashing down so have fun with that.
Speaking of her fake personality.

I love that he immediately realized that she was putting on a character to attempt to hamstring him and he just brushed it off like it was nothing.

Queen_Bona

It's My Birthday!
Speaking of her fake personality.
I think this whole "your trolls are attacking me online" tactic was invented beforehand. I mean, she is an experienced journalist and I don't believe she didn't know what a cunt she was the entire interview. He even pointed it out to her. The Channel 4 people knew they were inviting a scholar, whose views are based on facts, research and experience in working with people. They knew it would be very difficult to knock him off his track and make him respond emotionally. They knew this interview was going to make Cathy Newman look like a psychotic harpy. And they knew how enraged the viewers will be. This is a publicity stunt. A really obvious one.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I think this whole "your trolls are attacking me online" tactic was invented beforehand. I mean, she is an experienced journalist and I don't believe she didn't know what a cunt she was the entire interview. He even pointed it out to her. The Channel 4 people knew they were inviting a scholar, whose views are based on facts, research and experience in working with people. They knew it would be very difficult to knock him off his track and make him respond emotionally. They knew this interview was going to make Cathy Newman look like a psychotic harpy. And they knew how enraged the viewers will be. This is a publicity stunt. A really obvious one.
You're probably right but there's also the possibility that she thought she could better him. She's so skilled in her phony tactics that she felt invincible.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Watch Tucker Carlson on any given night, and you'll see exactly this sort of the smug confidence of the utterly incompetent on display.

It's not a publicity stunt with these people, they genuinly have wildly-inflated estimations of their own competency, intellects, and ability to articulate an opinion that can stand up to critical evaluation.

They get that way because they live their lives self-sequestered in echo chambers where everybody toes the same line, and thinks the same groupthink. They have no idea how fragile and ridiculous their beliefs are, because they never allow themselves to even consider differing opinions, and they would never in a million years ever consider that they're own opinions are anything other than gospel canon.

In short... it wasn't a publicity stunt, she really is a psychotic harpy.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
To add to the above... then there are people like Shaun "Talcum X" King, who are well aware of how idiotic they are, and they avoid confrontations with critics like it's the plague. Shaun King would not, and will not, ever appear on Tucker Carlson... or any show outside the echo chamber... ever.

People like that are the twitterspouters, and it will always be a one-way stream of communication. They state dumb shit that they will never even attempt to defend. They wouldn't dare, because they know full well that they'd be crushed like bugs.

Dummies and cowards... but you have to at least give them points for self awareness.