OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Journeyman on NBC

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Jimmy's Dignity, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy's Dignity

Jimmy's Dignity Pound my bloody fudge!!
    Staff Member Wackbag Staff

Did anyone watch this tonight (Monday, Sept 24th)? I just did...I thought it was pretty cool. Lucius Vorenus from Rome rules

apparently it's based upon a book called "The Time-Traveller's Wife"...I liked the first episode. Pretty hot wife, hot "wife in the past" etc.

I can see it having some issues due to the abrupt nature of the time-jumps...hopefully it doesn't get smacked off the air.

2. Warfarer

Warfarer I can't think of anything funny.

I checked this one out too and enjoyed it also. It was really weird that he has no control at all over when he jumps or what to do. Hell, even Sam Beckett in Quantum Leap knew when he was going to jump. There are a few bugs for them to work out for this one and then it might be great.

3. poppAwoody

poppAwoody C colon enter

good show, I liked it

4. JPetrucci23

JPetrucci23 Your Mom's Box

finished watching it about 20 mins ago, and i enjoyed it. Got a pretty sweet 2 hours of TV watching to do on NBC Monday nights with Heroes and this show.

5. Joe Avezzano

Joe Avezzano Registered User

Hey fuck this show. Of course I haven't watched it but the way it's described in the commercials it's a direct ripoff of Quantum Leap. Holy shit people must have short memories if they've turned to remaking TV shows now too. Sorry Hollywood, back to your Mac books and try again.

6. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

I don't think anyone is saying this isn't like Quantum Leap. And people have been remaking TV shows constantly over the past few years. But it's more emotional than QL and I personally liked it. I thought the guy who played Vorenius is enough of a lead for me to want to keep watching it.

7. thekidslepthere

thekidslepthere Registered User

Someone on here said it was based on a mid 90's RPG for PC. But I looked into that and while both dealt with time, I don't think they are related.

I am really sure this isn't based on "The Time Traveler's Wife" if it is they will be getting a lawsuit pretty soon since Brad Pitt's Plan B Productions has owned the rights to that book for a while, and Rachel McAdams is attached to star in it.

It's supposed to be an amazing script, it brought my sap of a girlfriend to tears.

Anyway, I really liked this show, could be a keeper, even though going against CSI Miami will be hard.

8. jagsfans

jagsfans Registered User

It's a decent show, but with confusing plot lines and going up against that dogshit on CBS its a goner. NBC will scrap this one just like they did kidnapped last year.

9. N.Y. Johnny

N.Y. Johnny Fake Twitter Friend

I liked this show too, its good and it has potential if they let it go on and develop it a little better. I hope NBC doesn't scrap it.

There was some confusion there like the girl he was once married to or was going to marry that supposedly died is not really dead either? I didn't get that and I've got to go back and watch it again. :icon_eek:

10. ADD Theater

ADD Theater THAT guy

His old fiance seemed to be stuck in a time 'leap' as well. Perhaps to help him.

11. Mindslayer

Mindslayer Best in the Biz

Yea, the undead fiancee was the most interesting thing about, IMO. Hopefully there's more mythology like that as the weeks go on.

Anyway, I enjoyed the pilot, and hopefully the show comes into its own over the next few weeks as Ive read in a few places.

12. sniper

sniper Front, and to the right...
    Wackbag Staff It's My Birthday!

I really thought i was going to hate this. I thought it'd be too much like Medium where no one believes that he's time traveling, specifically his wife not believing him leading to marital problems which is why I hate Medium in the first place. But he took care of that.
    I liked the premise of the show how he saved that guy so he'd get married and have a kid that would save lives, but after the kid was born he had to save the wife... pretty cool stuff. I had this as a canceled show from the previews but I've changed my mind.

13. Jimmy's Dignity

Jimmy's Dignity Pound my bloody fudge!!
    Staff Member Wackbag Staff

yeah, I love how he saved his marriage by burying the ring in the backyard...really cool touch

the jumping ex-fiancee is cool, crazy, and she's pretty hot too

14. Jables2002

Jables2002 Breaking Down The 8th Wall

I just hope they can find a good balance between keeping it mysterious, but also revealing why/how the fuck he is time-traveling. Otherwise it will just get boring if he keeps going back to save someone's life each time.

15. edzeppe

edzeppe Registered User

featuring Det. Mike Kellerman- Baltimore Homicide.

16. Mindslayer

Yea, that's some solid casting there. Reed Diamond and Kevin McKidd can actually pass for brothers.

17. MinnesotaMolMan

MinnesotaMolMan Registered User

I miss Titus Pullo

18. Beeman99

Beeman99 Registered User

just watched it, sweet show.

It's like Quantum Leap, but different enough to be fresh. The acting was solid, the story was solid, and the wife and dead ex are hot

19. blackout-

blackout- Mr F!

Thirteeeeeeennnnn

20. Budyzir

Budyzir There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.

Totally agree, based on next weeks preview, she looks stuck too.

21. Mindslayer

Anyone know how it did ratings-wise ? Im sure the Heroes lead-in didnt hurt, but going up against CSI Miami is never an easy feat for any show, let alone a debuting pilot.

22. thekidslepthere

thekidslepthere Registered User

I don't think they're worrying just yet, we'll see in a couple weeks. This is an odd year for NBC, they fired their Ent. President a couple weeks after they announced the new schedule. The new president is already cancelling the old presidents mid-season replacements. Then with the possible up coming strikes, who knows what's going to happen.

23. Mindslayer

Hmm, ratings were about where I thought they'd be. Hopefully NBC gives the show some time to grow.

24. J D

J D Staten Island Sucks

I just saw it on my Tivo. Was OK I guess, but the whole time I was thinking how it's so Quantum Leap-ish. They even have the blue light type thing, and the intro is blue, and he has no control of his jumps, and especially the whole "set things right that once went wrong".
    What bugged me was how in the end, he shows his wife the box thing w/ the stuff in it, and she doesn't even question him and just accepts that her husband is a time traveling do-good-er.

25. Mindslayer

Yea, that was a bit much for me too at the end there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.