Juan Epstein Es Muerto

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/welcome-back-kotter-star-robert-hegyes-dies-60-230045135.html

Robert Hegyes, who played Juan Epstein on '70s sitcom "Welcome Back, Kotter, died Thursday, the New Jersey Star-Ledger reports. Hegyes, who died of an apparent heart attack after suffering chest pains at his Metuchen, New Jersey home, was 60.

Hegyes had not been in good health for the past two years, his brother Mark Hegyes told the paper. The actor had suffered a previous heart attack in recent years.

Police responded to an emergency call from Hegyes' home at approximately 9 a.m. He was transported to JFK Medical Center in Edison, New Jersey, but at that point he had gone into full cardiac arrest.

Though Hegyes also starred on the detective series "Cagney & Lacey" (as Det. Manny Esposito) and, in later years, guest-starred on shows such as "NewsRadio" and "Diagnosis Murder," Hegyes was best-known for his role as Juan Epstein -- full name: Juan Luis Pedro Phillipo de Huevos Epstein -- on the 1970s sitcom "Welcome Back, Kotter" from 1975 to 1979. Perpetually scheming and always ready with a self-written note signed "Epstein's Mother" to explain his school absences, Epstein stood out among a group of characters that included the super-cocky womanizer Vinnie Barabarino (played by a young John Travolta) and hip but beleaguered high-school teacher Gabe Kotter (played by Gabe Kaplan).

Hegyes' last listed acting role on IMDB is in the film "Hip, Edgy, Sexy, Cool" in 2002.

He leaves behind a two children, Cassie and Mack, and two step-children, Sophia and Alex.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
That made me laugh a lot harder than it should have.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Juan Epstein DEAD!

"Welcome Back Kotter" actor Robert Hegyes has died. According to New Jersey's The Star-Ledger, he was 60 years old.
The Star-Ledger reports he suffered an apparent heart attack in his New Jersey home on Thursday morning.
Hegyes is best known for playing Juan Epstein on "Welcome Back Kotter," the 1970s sitcom, which starred John Travolta and Gabe Kaplan. He appeared in all four seasons of the sitcom and joined most of his fellow Sweathogs at the "Welcome Back Kotter" reunion held at the 2011 TV Land Awards. After "Kotter," Hegyes went on to co-star in "Cagney and Lacey" as Detective Manny Esposito. His other TV work includes an episode of "The Love Boat," "NewsRadio" and "CHiPS."
Hegyes' last credited role was in the 2002 movie "Hip, Edgy, Sexy, Cool."
His brother Mark told The Star-Ledger that Robert was retired, but still talked about being involved in local arts efforts. "He always had these great schemes, »
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni21749114/

Aug 11, 2005
Sheesh where can I find puerto rican jew jokes?!?!? HURRY!

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
A Puerto Rican and a Jew walk into a bar. They're the same guy. And they're dead.

Stig

Jul 26, 2005
NH
I guess god needed to kill the guy who played Epstein on Welcome Back Kotter.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
This is still making me laugh harder than it should.
I don't know exactly when the meme started, but when Steve Jobs died I remembered seeing a couple of ridiculous ones that I had the same reaction to. I think the Robert Hays one really works because of the old pensive black and white photo of him.

Stig

Jul 26, 2005
NH