Juno

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Did a search couldn't find a thread on this.

Saw Juno on Christmas day. Really good movie. There's so much crap being made by the production companies, Fox Searchlight seems to put out some decent entertainment.

Preview

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0SKf0K3bxg[/media]

FMDoug

Saw it on Tuesday. I thought it was one of the best movies I saw all year. The characters had depth and the script was god damn funny.

jagsfans

I knew this would be a great movie from when I saw the trailer before No Country

mik3

fornicating madly
JK Simmons has amazing lines and the turn Jason Bateman's character makes is great.

Eagle.007

Frrrrrrunkis!
I'm looking forward to seeing this tomorrow.

badorties

good movie, even though it follows the 'little indie' format for movies these days

loved the final act of the story, and the soundtrack was great

any movie with a sonic youth plot point is tops in my book

thekidslepthere

I really liked it, but did anyone else feel that at points all the characters with the exception of Jennifer Garners all sounded the same?

I understand Juno being this super witty kid with great one liners, but EVERYONE sounded like her at different points. From Rain Wilson working the counter in the convenient store to her step mom at the hospital. I think I would of liked it better if Diablo Cody worded it different so the teens and Jason Bateman were the only ones with the great lines, and everyone else could sound I guess more adult.

My wife and I just saw juno last night, great flick. I'm an adoptee and my wife had a child at a young age, we both thought they addressed the subject matter really well without getting all "preachy". Some cool music, too.

I would take my neices to see this.

FMDoug

I really liked it, but did anyone else feel that at points all the characters with the exception of Jennifer Garners all sounded the same?

I understand Juno being this super witty kid with great one liners, but EVERYONE sounded like her at different points. From Rain Wilson working the counter in the convenient store to her step mom at the hospital. I think I would of liked it better if Diablo Cody worded it different so the teens and Jason Bateman were the only ones with the great lines, and everyone else could sound I guess more adult.
I don't agree with that. Perhaps the adults were a little talky but they all had their own style, depth and point of view. Wilson behind the counter had that style because it seemed he was trying to connect with the teenagers in a small town. Kind of like the guy who never grew up. The father never acted like the daughter. It seemed that he had more insight into the situations behind all of the witty banter. Same with the mother. Especially when she went off on the dr.

My question is: does arrested development kid have any range as an actor? I've seen him play that nervous-not-sure-what-to-say type in every show and every movie. It has fit him so far. But what happens when he is 30?

thekidslepthere

My question is: does arrested development kid have any range as an actor? I've seen him play that nervous-not-sure-what-to-say type in every show and every movie. It has fit him so far. But what happens when he is 30?
I don't think so. I read the next big Judd Apatow produced comedy he is doing next ("Year One") and even though it had some really funny notes it is the same exact character he always is playing the straight man to Jack Black.

He's got another teen flick coming which is supposed to be at a higher level than most other teen garbage. It's called "Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist" hopefully he switches it up in that a bit, if he can.

badorties

the more i read about the screenwriter, diablo cody, most of juno's wit is clearly in her voice

I don't think so. I read the next big Judd Apatow produced comedy he is doing next ("Year One") and even though it had some really funny notes it is the same exact character he always is playing the straight man to Jack Black.

He's got another teen flick coming which is supposed to be at a higher level than most other teen garbage. It's called "Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist" hopefully he switches it up in that a bit, if he can.

ben stiller's a major star playing the same character over and over

Eagle.007

Frrrrrrunkis!
I enjoyed this film and would probably give it about 7.8/10

I heard a review that basically said the kids acted too old and the adults were far too accepting. That may be true but it seemed to work.

Ellen Page did a very nice job in the role, never seen her before, hope she has a long and productive career.

I didn't like Garner's character at all, then again I can't remember anything I have liked her in.

The best part was my 17 yo sister refused to allow our parents to see it with us. It's one of those "you had to be there things" but it was very funny.

badorties

I heard a review that basically said the kids acted too old and the adults were far too accepting. That may be true but it seemed to work.

Ellen Page did a very nice job in the role, never seen her before, hope she has a long and productive career.
she was kitty pryde in the last x-men movie

If you liked Ellen Page, check out the movie Hard Candy, she was great in that as well.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Not in the theaters around here yet, but I kinda wanna see this even if it's not the kind of movie I'd normally like. It looks kinda funny in a smart way.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
I saw it, not a bad movie at all. A little cutesy for my taste but it was well written and the girl is a cute as a little puppy dog.

I'd never see it at a theater alone though.

Tax Kuntz

just being an ass
I saw it tonight, and I liked it more than I thought I would. I had heard it was funny but wasn't sure I would enjoy the story. The writing was very good, and the actors held my attention well.

I wasn't crazy about the artsy music, I wasn't sure if they were real songs or made up stuff. I recognized somy lyrics here and there, but I would have preferred real tunes. Other than that, not a bad flick at all.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
I wasn't crazy about the artsy music, I wasn't sure if they were real songs or made up stuff. I recognized somy lyrics here and there, but I would have preferred real tunes. Other than that, not a bad flick at all.
You just hit on my only gripe with the movie. The music was trying way too hard to be cutesy, like they're trying to sell a soundtrack album. Other than that it's a solid film.

mik3

fornicating madly
The soundtrack has one of the best songs ever on it, "Piazza, New York catcher." It includes the line,
"San Francisco’s calling us, the Giants and Mets will play
Piazza, New York catcher, are you straight or are you gay?"

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
I enjoyed the flick last night. Really smarmy. To me it seemed like the writers wrote a drama originally, and then in the rewrite added in a bunch of "too cool for the room" one-liners.

Did anyone else get instant wood when Juno called her little cheerleader friend and she answered the phone in her short shorts and knee high socks? She was really hot.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Saw it today at the 1 PM show, and I didn't like it. I LOVED IT!

This ranked in my top 3 all year along with There Will Be Blood, No Country, and Sweeney. I loved Juno, she had great lines and was all around awesome, (Ellen Page is becoming an amazing actress), the script ruled, and I really liked Michael Cera. It's a must-see of all the 07' films made. A really great feel-good movie, (I know that sounds gay, but oh well). P.S. Rainn Wilson had a hilarious cameo with some great lines.

blee

Will Drink Today
Since none of the theaters around me have it, I am downloading this movie and will watch it after the game.

I throughly enjoyed this.

Ellen Page seemed like she was doing too much of a janeane garofalo impression at times, but just a minor thing that annoyed me.

seeinred

White Death
I saw it tonight, and I liked it more than I thought I would. I had heard it was funny but wasn't sure I would enjoy the story. The writing was very good, and the actors held my attention well.

That was pretty much my exact thought on the movie. I was definitely entertained by the movie, and that's all I ask for when I watch one. I must also second the whole hating Jennifer Garner's character, but I can't really say why. I loved Michael Cera's "it wasn't because you were bored" or whatever it was little speech too.

Did anyone else get instant wood when Juno called her little cheerleader friend and she answered the phone in her short shorts and knee high socks? She was really hot.
You really think so? She certainly wasn't unattractive, but I didn't think she was anything special either.

Top Bottom