Jurassic World 3: Could It Possibly Be Worse Than Fallen Kingdom? - June 2021

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom might be the third worst movie of 2018 after Action Park and Mile 22. But it's the third highest grossing movie worldwide this year with $1.3 billion.

How will they top that? Bring back Colin Treverrow to direct. And here's what he had to say about what to expect.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/jurassic-world-3-wont-shift-to-the-inner-city/

Writer/director Colin Trevorrow, speaking with JP Outpost, says the series will try and keep things grounded despite all its success lately. That includes keeping the creatures out of the major cities and behaving like animals:

“I just have no idea what would motivate dinosaurs to terrorize a city. They can’t organize. Right now we’ve got lethal predators in wild areas surrounding cities all over the world. They don’t go pack hunting for humans in urban areas.
The world I get excited about is the one where it’s possible that a dinosaur might run out in front of your car on a foggy backroad, or invade your campground looking for food. A world where dinosaur interaction is unlikely but possible – the same way we watch out for bears or sharks. We hunt animals, we traffic them, we herd them, we breed them, we invade their territory and pay the price, but we don’t go to war with them. If that was the case, we’d have lost that war a long time ago.”​
I'd say that's idiotic, but he did get fired from Star Wars 9 so maybe he is smarter than I give him credit for.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
"What's your idea for Jurassic World 3?"
"Well the Park is out. But what if we set in in locations that look exactly like the Park?"

Bobobie

I've never seen any of the sequels. They killed of Newman and Samuel L. Jackson so what would be the point.

Floyd1977

JW 2 was a dumpster fire (has it been HitWed yet?), but it did actually set up an interesting premise for the next one. Of course, I fully expect them to screw it up. I actually expect they’re going to do something where clonsie has a some kind of “whisperer” bond with the dinosaurs and the military/evil 1 percenters kidnaps her so she can use her “powers” to engage in another failed attempt to weaponize the dinosaurs.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
JW 2 was a dumpster fire (has it been HitWed yet?), but it did actually set up an interesting premise for the next one. Of course, I fully expect them to screw it up. I actually expect they’re going to do something where clonsie has a some kind of “whisperer” bond with the dinosaurs and the military/evil 1 percenters kidnaps her so she can use her “powers” to engage in another failed attempt to weaponize the dinosaurs.
Not yet. Will when on HBO.

My money's on them totally dropping Clonesie.

Floyd1977

Not yet. Will when on HBO.

My money's on them totally dropping Clonesie.
Hope you’re right, it was a completly stupid and nonsensical twist. If Ingen or whatever it was at that point perfectly human cloning technology, why would they give a shit about dinosaurs.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Hope you’re right, it was a completly stupid and nonsensical twist. If Ingen or whatever it was at that point perfectly human cloning technology, why would they give a shit about dinosaurs.
It's such a game changing element that they clearly didn't think through. I get why they did it - because the entire second half of the movie was an homage to 1950s B sci-fi/Ed Wood movies and that insane science was par for the course - but I don't want to go into it until after the HitW.
I also thought the "they're alive, like me!" ending would have been more poignant had she not been a clone because it would have been saying that clones and naturals (?) are the same, rather than human clones and animal clones are the same, which doesn't really have the same impact because they're both garbage compared to naturals. What a disaster of a film.

But I can't see how it could play into a JW3 unless they're cloning Chris Pratt. If they bring Clonesie back, it'll be as Pratt/Howard's adoptive-esque daughter but she'd be no different than a real girl, especially because it sounds like Treverrow's plan for this movie involves Blue stealing picanic baskets.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Wanted to bump this after last night.

JW2 is really, really bad. And not bad in a mindless "who cares?" blockbuster way. It is genuinely bad.

So I'm looking forward to it, especially now that a lesser director is at the helm.

"Did you ever think about the implications of your research?!?" might be my favorite line of JW2.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath

JW2 is really, really bad. And not bad in a mindless "who cares?" blockbuster way. It is genuinely bad.

So I'm looking forward to it, especially now that a lesser director is at the helm.

"Did you ever think about the implications of your research?!?" might be my favorite line of JW2.
It took two movies after JP in order for the franchise to recover. I don't hold much hope for JW3. Let's start taking bets on what Indo-character will be introduced as the Macguffin in that one. Maybe an Indo-Maisie?

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
It took two movies after JP in order for the franchise to recover. I don't hold much hope for JW3. Let's start taking bets on what Indo-character will be introduced as the Macguffin in that one. Maybe an Indo-Maisie?
It's the IndOwen!

Floyd1977

Absolutely, the one minor moment when the mirror was held up to the “good guys” I wish TLW has done that with the Vince Vaughn and Julienne Whore characters “do you realize how many people got killed due to the stupidly and sabotage of you two?!”

Floyd1977

I’ve said it here and in the HitW thread, but I fully expect Maisie is going to be a key character that has a special bond over the now loose all,over dinosaurs. Kidnapped by govt which brings Pratt and BDH back into story.

How about the T rex gets transported to the mainland for...wait for it...cloning ( yeah. I know. A knew idea, right?) It escapes, sneaking into a zoo and then all the animals suddenly start disappearing, then the people visiting the cute monkeys get eaten, while Claire gets r_ped by a silver back and Pratt skips off saying I told you.
The End

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Absolutely, the one minor moment when the mirror was held up to the “good guys” I wish TLW has done that with the Vince Vaughn and Julienne Whore characters “do you realize how many people got killed due to the stupidly and sabotage of you two?!”
But Owen didn't do research. Here's what he proved.

If you have ten kittens, and you give them food with a clicker, 1 of them might nuzzle up to you maybe 5% of the time. And in both movies, everyone is like "He has a special bond! He is a magic man!"

TheLoon

Got 5 minutes in before I bailed on FK...the second they went to the guys yelling at another dude to run but he just stands there shouting "I can't hear you" I was out...just an excuse to have a T-Rex running after someone scene cuz that was an iconic scene in the first one...it was like poetry...it made me sick

Got 5 minutes in before I bailed on FK...the second they went to the guys yelling at another dude to run but he just stands there shouting "I can't hear you" I was out...just an excuse to have a T-Rex running after someone scene cuz that was an iconic scene in the first one...it was like poetry...it made me sick

But...but, then you missed things like how Pratt's character outran and through a pyroclastic blast

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Fuck it. Time for Predator vs. Jurassic Park.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Depends. ...do the raptors get shoulder cannons?
I guess they can to compensate for them being basically limited to masters of up close fighting.

Rocket Wars!

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I guess they can to compensate for them being basically limited to masters of up close fighting.

Rocket Wars!
Just wait for the A vs. P vs. D sequel when a raptor gets implanted with an Alien.