Movie Jurassic World (4) - June 12, 2015

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
It's a go.

Universal Pictures has set a release date for Jurassic Park 4, which will be shot in 3D and come out June 13, 2014. Steven Spielberg is returning to produce the next installment of the franchise, the last of which came out in July 2001. This comes after the studio has made plans to rerelease the original Jurassic Park in a remastered 3D version in April. Spielberg, whose latest film Lincoln was just nominated for 12 Oscars, this week put his sci-fi pic Robopocalypse on hold; he was scheduled to direct that this spring, but had a new take on the project and decided to retool. There had been speculation that Spielberg would tackle the widely rumored Moses epic Gods And Kings, but this project appears to be officially on his front burner.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I actually don't mind this, but I'm betting it'll look like crap.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
I'd be all for a reboot of this shit after the last two fucking movies.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
I thought this would never happen.

Life uh...finds a way.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
I wouldn't mind a reboot - "Westworld with dinosaurs" was a pretty interesting concept and the CGI has come miles forward since then. The second and third movies were dreck so there's no need to continue that mindless series.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
Fuck reboot...the story is meaningless. I only care about cool CGI dinos wreaking havoc. I'd go see 20 of these things of they made em

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Possible plot details..

With all the news about JURASSIC PARK 4 finally getting underway we've heard almost nothing about the story or concept of the film. Director Colin Trevorrow has teased a few things so far, including a trip back to Isla Nublar, the island where JURASSIC PARK originated in Steven Spielberg's 1993 film, as well as a "new dinosaur" that will make us "keep the lights on after you see this movie." And that's where the details end, minus the reveal of the new logo (above - which I think will eventually change). Well, today you're going to find out a lot more than you knew before, which will likely get you damned excited for the next installment.
Our trusted and reliable source has indicated the overall concept of the film, which sounds pretty great and meets up with Trevorrow saying his goal for the film is to "want people to feel like it's the last day of 6th grade again."

Hold onto your butts!
Jurassic Park 4 will be in 3D (apparently shot in the format, rather than post-converted). Casting has not yet begun for the film, so rumors of Bryce Dallas Howard, Sam Neill, etc. are not accurate (yet, anyway). The story breaks down like this:
JURASSIC PARK 4, set in present day Isla Nublar, is now an actual theme park, as originally intended by John Hammond in the first film. It garners 10 million visitors per year and is completely safe - until it's not. The park itself is described as very Sea World-esque and includes an area called the Isla Nublar Lagoon. That means underwater dino's for the first time. No indication of what kind, but there's concept art showing one of the aquatic dino's, as part of a show, jumping out of the lagoon and eating a strung up great white shark like it was a fish for a dolphin at sea world.
As part of a show, you ask? That's right, folks, this will feature "tamed" dino's. In fact, our source indicated that the usually menacing Velociraptors (which will finally be muzzled, along with the T-Rex - until they're not) will actually be used to help fight the threat, which begins in the form of a new dinosaur, not seen in any of the previous films (and not disclosed to us) shows to be much smarter than originally thought and is the main cause of havoc breaking out at the park.
So, to sum it all up, JURASSIC PARK 4 will take place back on Isla Nublar with a fully operational dinosaur theme park (I'm sure no expense was spared) that's both prosperous and safe, until a new dinosaur figures out a way to wreak havoc, causing the use of the now tamed Velociraptors (and T-Rex? Unclear) as a means to fighting the threat.

No details on human characters (new or returning) but I'm sure they'll play a big part in the grand scheme of things. Overall, this sounds like a kick ass way to go and a solid way to continue the story, while almost rebooting in a way. It sounds like screenwriters Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver have nailed down a great concept for the 4th entry and I'm now officially excited to return to Jurassic Park.
JURASSIC PARK 4 (in 3D) is set to debut Summer 2015.
- See more at: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exc...rfeed&utm_medium=twitter#sthash.J9n8uUwR.dpuf

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
There is a dinosaur in the book The Lost World (the sequel to Jurassic Park) that never appeared in the movies. The island in TLW (Isla Sorna) was the genetic engineering laboratory for Jurassic Park on Isla Nublar, so there were also some experiments that went awry. There is a chameleon dinosaur that has camo so good that when they shine a flashlight across it and its skin reacts quick enough so that they can't see it is there.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
It could work.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Ah got it:

The 4th High Energy Phenomena in Relativistic Outflows (HEPRO IV) meeting will be held in Heidelberg, July 23-26, 2013. Following our previous meetings, which took place in Dublin (2007; HEPRO I), Buenos Aires (2009, HEPRO II) and Barcelona (2011, HEPRO III), the main idea behind these series is a comprehensive discussion of the high-energy phenomena related to all type of relativistic outflows in astrophysics, including pulsar winds, microquasars, active galactic nuclei and gamma-ray bursts.
All aspects related to relativistic outflows, including theory, phenomenology and key observations, will be covered during the 3.5 day meeting. Scientific topics will include gamma-ray production in relativistic outflows and large-scale radio lobes, the past activity of the black hole in the Galactic Centre, accretion disk physics, multi-wavelength outflow properties, formation and propagation of relativistic jets, as well as particle acceleration and transport in different relativistic contexts.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

Papagolash

24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated]
Wackbag Staff
Nov 11, 2001

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
'Jurassic World' Director Implies Sequel Composed Entirely of New Cast Will... Still Have BD Wong?
March 18, 2014 / bd wong, casting, jurassic world, movie, news

BD Wong only had a handful of lines in the first Jurassic Park, but man, did he ever make the most of them. That beat between "you're implying that a group composed entirely of female animals will" and "breed." The way he punctuates it with a pencil raise? He should have patented that, packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunch box, because he was selling it. And according to Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow, he'll be back to sell some more in the latest sequel.

Speaking to IGN, Trevorrow said that while he doesn't want to shoehorn all the old characters in for the sake of fan service, "there is a character from the first film who makes sense in our world." That character: Dr. Henry Wu, BD Wong's perpetually note-taking scientist from the 1994 classic. "He had a much larger role in the original novel, he was the engineer of this breakthrough in de-extinction," the director elaborated. "He spent two decades living in Hammond's shadow, underappreciated. We think there's more to his story." Also, now that Wong has spent time in both Oz and the Special Victims Unit, a resurrected dinosaur rampage isn't even going to phase the guy. You should see the shit this guy's seen.

http://iwatchstuff.com/2014/03/jurassic-world-director-implies-sequel-c.php

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
'Jurassic World' Director Tweets Image