Jussie Smollett Hate Crime Hoax

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
If it goes to jury, all the evidence comes out.

He'll settle.
I'll bet just the idea of the "discovery phase" would scare the shit out of him. You know a little drama queen like him has tons of degenerate dirt to dig to be dug up on him.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I'll bet just the idea of the "discovery phase" would scare the shit out of him. You know a little drama queen like him has tons of degenerate dirt to dig to be dug up on him.
Part of me thinks he has deluded himself into thinking that he's a perfect little angel to the point that he might actually let it go to trial.

Then all that sealed evidence comes out.

It would be glorious, even if the jury dopes out.

KRSOne

I wouldn't pay if I were him its not like Chicago will actually do anything if he doesn't pay. I would love to see them try and watch it magically go away again. Make Chicago and the cops look like even bigger jokes than they already are.

You'd think an innocent man who was slandered by the mayor and police commissioner would sue the City, not the other way around. It's almost like he really did it and both he and his scumbag, greasy blackmailing ("allegedly") lawyer both know it. Nobody else would pay $10,000, do bullshit "community service" AND let the City off the hook for killing his reputation.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
What's the worst part of this injustice? What Jussie did or the deal given to him By Kim Foxx?

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
What's the worst part of this injustice? What Jussie did or the deal given to him By Kim Foxx?
Let's face it. Most people didn't believe his story from the start.
Those that did stick by him dropped out quickly as the story unfolded
so that's not a huge deal.
The bullshit tossing of all charges with no admission of guilt and having
the records sealed right away pissed people off more.

I'd say it's collectively fucked up.

On one hand he did something that carried ramifications beyond his personal life. He brought his race, sexual orientation, and political beliefs into a fake hate crime which is a serious crime to begin with. For what? To be the gay tupac?
On the other it went to a DAs office that took a lot of police work and instead of the 1 count the cops brought them, they dropped another 16 charges on him. Then they stood there and claimed strong case while dropping everything without a admission of any guilt. And still claim it to this day.

What gets me is this was not jut some everyday case. Publically you aren't supposed to take celebrity into consideration when it comes to a case, I guess. But then again it was celebrity that moved this thing along. All the Detective work, calls from Washington, national Headlines.. with the whole nation watching the DAs office just said .. meh.. no harm done. Without a care of anyone questioning the decision. And no one will.

Tracy Morgan was making fun of him
Morgan, however, has clearly picked a side, quipping on The Tonight Show that he’d been given a role on Empire. “They gave me millions of dollars,” he said. “Contractually, all I gotta do is not fake a hate crime!”
When Jimmy Fallon asked whether he believed Smollett’s story, Morgan started riffing: “Racists don’t be watching Empire, man!”
But really, Morgan’s main problem with the story was the weather. The alleged attack happened in Chicago in January. “Come on! First of all—racist people don’t be jumping nobody in the polar vortex,” he said. “It’s too cold. They say, ‘We’ll be racist in the spring!’”
Morgan also made hay of the fact that Smollett’s story began with the actor getting a sandwich at Subway. The comedian described a (presumably imagined) video of the attack: “It was, like, 10 seconds of footage, and then he disappears for like two seconds, then he reappears with the noose on his neck still holding the Subway sandwich!” Morgan said. “He ain’t let that Subway sandwich go. I think it was pepperoni and cheese. I don’t know.”

Pickle

I'd have clicked the angry face, but unlike FB, this site counts that as a negative against the poster. Consider my "like" to be angry, but not because of you.
Can’t remember the last time I was here on browser.

I'd have clicked the angry face, but unlike FB, this site counts that as a negative against the poster. Consider my "like" to be angry, but not because of you.
I went ahead and gave you an agree. But I just want you to know that's it's just because I think you really were angry at his post and not with him, and not because I think that Chip would see your like as you're liking J-Smolls.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I went ahead and gave you an agree. But I just want you to know that's it's just because I think you really were angry at his post and not with him, and not because I think that Chip would see your like as you're liking J-Smolls.
What, you don't love Jussie? (Yes, he got his U, because fuck Chris Rock.)

:cool:

Creasy Bear

Donator
It's all self-masturbatory virtue-signalling blather until the last paragraph. Skip to the end.

This case was handled markedly different from any other case at 26th Street. No one knows why, and more importantly, no one can explain why our boss, the head prosecutor of all of Cook County, has decided to so demean and debase both our hard work, and our already tenuous relationship with the Chicago Police Department.

Creasy Bear

Donator
She gave out way too much info on herself.
Bet she gets fired.
What? How many white, female, married-with-a-daughter assistant DAs with 15-years on the job could there be? I'm guessing like 4,923 maybe.

Couldn't help herself. Couldn't just say "My boss did some crazy unethical shit." Nope, she had to write an entire rambling biographical sob story before she got to the one germane sentence that anybody cared about. Because ME ME ME!

I hope they fire her, and strip her pension.

mascan42

no one can explain why our boss, the head prosecutor of all of Cook County, has decided to so demean and debase both our hard work, and our already tenuous relationship with the Chicago Police Department.
I can make a wild guess. She's not satisfied being head prosecutor for Cook County. She's aiming for the AG spot on the 2020 ticket. She's betting by then this will all be forgotten, except by whoever she's doing a favor for.

Also, I'd guess she's of the mindset that even if it didn't happen, admitting it didn't happen will discourage people from reporting other things that may or may not have happened, so it's better to pretend that it did happen.