Just because I've got tattoos on my face and I'm proud of my race, I'm not some violent monster.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

Curtis Allgier has been sentenced to life in prison for killing a guard during a trip to a doctor.

A Utah inmate covered in neo-Nazi tattoos was given a life sentence without the possibility of parole Wednesday for killing a prison guard during a doctor's appointment five years ago, then leading police on a high-speed chase that ended at a fast-food restaurant, where a customer wrestled a gun from him.

Curtis Allgier offered a rambling statement that mixed apology and a tribute to his victim with a rebuttal of the evidence against him, while cursing and ranting against the court system and his lawyers.

"I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I didn't want to hurt anybody. It was an accident," the 33-year-old inmate said at the hearing.

He added, "Just because I've got tattoos on my face and I'm proud of my race, I'm not some violent monster."
Prosecutors said the June 25, 2007, shooting was no accident. Allgier wrestled a gun from Stephen Anderson of Bluffdale after being unshackled for an MRI scan at a University of Utah medical clinic, they said. He then fled on foot and stole a vehicle before leading police on a highway chase at speeds exceeding 100 mph.
His freedom lasted 45 minutes.

Allgier pleaded no contest in October to aggravated murder. He pleaded guilty to additional charges of disarming a peace officer, aggravated escape, aggravated robbery and possession of a firearm by a restricted person.

The plea deal spared Allgier a trial and the death penalty if convicted.

Third District Judge Paul Maughan opened the sentencing hearing to family members of Anderson, a 22-year employee of the Utah Department of Corrections. Anderson, 60, was survived by a wife, five adult children and 18 grandchildren.

The Salt Lake Tribune reported that a daughter of Anderson's said it was "impossible to replace a man like my father."

The chase ended after Allgier got a flat tire and ran into an Arby's restaurant, where Eric Fullerton, 59, had just ordered a ham-and-cheese croissant and orange juice for breakfast.

Fullerton "went into action," grabbing the much larger Allgier by an arm and forcing him to drop the gun. Allgier punched Fullerton and then slashed his throat with a knife before finally surrendering to police.

"I didn't feel pain," Fullerton said at a 2010 court hearing. "I did feel the coldness of the blade, and I heard the sound."

In court Wednesday, prosecutors called Fullerton a hero.
Link

Arby's... ewwww

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Old tattooed face should take a long walk off a tall roof top.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
So what do you think he did before prison... I'm leaning either CPA or perhaps Neurosurgeon...

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
I thought it was going to be about those lovely and vibrant MS13 gang members. Celebrate the diversity.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
"I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I didn't want to hurt anybody. It was an accident," the 33-year-old inmate said at the hearing.
How do you accidentally escape from prison, lead police on a car chase, punch a man, and then slash his throat?

The chase ended after Allgier got a flat tire and ran into an Arby's restaurant, where Eric Fullerton, 59, had just ordered a ham-and-cheese croissant and orange juice for breakfast.
Thank God they gave us the important details of the incident. Unfotunately, the lazy reporter didn't bother to find out if he was able to eat any of it before his throat was slashed.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I thought it was going to be Romney face tattoo guy.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Agh, another spineless prosecutor refusing to seek a slam dunk death penalty.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho

Fullerton "went into action," grabbing the much larger Allgier by an arm and forcing him to drop the gun. Allgier punched Fullerton and then slashed his throat with a knife before finally surrendering to police.

"I didn't feel pain," Fullerton said at a 2010 court hearing. "I did feel the coldness of the blade, and I heard the sound."
I remember seeing his chilling testimony about that day...

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
I thought it was going to be about those lovely and vibrant MS13 gang members. Celebrate the diversity.
Somebody got raped by Popeye from La Onda gang.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Got a frequent flyer here who has tats of cartoon and tchotchke cats all over his face.. That freaked me the fuck out more than that guy..

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
"Just because I've got tattoos on my face and I'm proud of my race, I'm not some violent monster."
No but the part about killing people and throat slashing
pretty much locks up that assumption.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Just because I've got tattoos on my face and I'm proud of my race, I'm not some violent monster.
No, because you kill people you're a violent monster.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
He's just misunderstood. Probably a nice lad. I bet he pets kittens.

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
Agh, another spineless prosecutor refusing to seek a slam dunk death penalty.
absolutely qft
there is very little done to deter these scumbags from commiting horrendous acts.
now he can live his life comfortably on our fucking dimes for murdering an innocent man