Just Cause

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
Anybody here have it? I've read the opinions on gamefaqs and stuff, but I'd prefer to hear from my kind of folk about this. I know it's a ripoff (hoo-hoo) of GTA, but aside from that, is it any good?

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
i have it for 360, and its extremely underrated. its really not a ripoff of gta not to the degree of saints row. The engine is similar, its like gta+ pilotwings. it is a free environment. not to give any plot, but the basic idea, is you are a cia agent who is helping a fictitious tropical country rebel against its government. the missions are pretty straightforward, a few side quests that can get a little repetitive, and you help liberate towns provinces and cities. the environment is probably the biggest ive played on a console, id say probably at least 10-20x the size of san andreas. Id say all of the action is ok, kind of like a jack of all trades, it doesnt have the best shooting action, or the best driving action but it is quite a lot of fun. the flight aspect is really good, as is the water and boats you can get. You can steal some cars, but its not the main method of transportation. Theres gadgets, pretty good weapons, jumping out of airplanes, grappling to all kinds of vehicles and good action. basically you parachute into a warzone, and you have to help the rebellion win.

i will admit i probably think higher of this game than a reviewer, and its nothing spectacular. i was really hoping that uncharted would be a game like this, a huge open environment(this game is completely open, but gets hard to go to all areas if the region is unstable or not under rebel control) with alot of shooting and exploring. i think xbox live may have a demo, i dont remember, but with the price probably lower than 60 now, i would say its worth checking out

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
Personally I didn't like it. the pre-release media made it look like a definite GTA killer but it turned out to be a lot of flash and little substance.

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
I'm considering getting it for the PC.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
I played the demo on the pc a back when it came out. Fucking terrible.

KakTheInfected

Mar 10, 2005
I thought the demo was amazing, but when I borrowed the game from a friend I was bored within half an hour. Very meh.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I didn't care for it. The AI was pretty bad. It seemed like the police could spot you way too easily and I spent more time trying to outrun and fight the stupid police than getting to my objectives. I actually liked a simular latin flavored game, Overdose, more than that one.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
i have it for 360, and its extremely underrated. its really not a ripoff of gta not to the degree of saints row. The engine is similar, its like gta+ pilotwings. it is a free environment. not to give any plot, but the basic idea, is you are a cia agent who is helping a fictitious tropical country rebel against its government. the missions are pretty straightforward, a few side quests that can get a little repetitive, and you help liberate towns provinces and cities. the environment is probably the biggest ive played on a console, id say probably at least 10-20x the size of san andreas. Id say all of the action is ok, kind of like a jack of all trades, it doesnt have the best shooting action, or the best driving action but it is quite a lot of fun. the flight aspect is really good, as is the water and boats you can get. You can steal some cars, but its not the main method of transportation. Theres gadgets, pretty good weapons, jumping out of airplanes, grappling to all kinds of vehicles and good action. basically you parachute into a warzone, and you have to help the rebellion win.

i will admit i probably think higher of this game than a reviewer, and its nothing spectacular. i was really hoping that uncharted would be a game like this, a huge open environment(this game is completely open, but gets hard to go to all areas if the region is unstable or not under rebel control) with alot of shooting and exploring. i think xbox live may have a demo, i dont remember, but with the price probably lower than 60 now, i would say its worth checking out
HumpX said:
Personally I didn't like it. the pre-release media made it look like a definite GTA killer but it turned out to be a lot of flash and little substance.
:greyalien: