Just got a smoker, now what?

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Spoke too soon. The guys at Costco said to get there when they open on Friday and try to beat the crowd - that worked, got a 9lb'r this morning so Sunday is cook day. The cigar lounge is having an "Appetizer Throwdown" so I'm going to give the burnt ends recipe a try and see how they go.

(Doesn't really matter - BBQ, Guinness, Cigars, and the game - win/win in my book...)

Turfmower

Spoke too soon. The guys at Costco said to get there when they open on Friday and try to beat the crowd - that worked, got a 9lb'r this morning so Sunday is cook day. The cigar lounge is having an "Appetizer Throwdown" so I'm going to give the burnt ends recipe a try and see how they go.

(Doesn't really matter - BBQ, Guinness, Cigars, and the game - win/win in my book...)
Im trying them too tomorrow

Turfmower

I'm wanting to do Pork Belly Burnt Ends, but can't find a reasonably priced belly to start with... The local butcher wants $10/lb for pork belly's - I don't know what crack he's smoking...Costco and the grocery stores aren't carrying any. Booooooooooo.

Pork Belly Burnt Ends Recipe
Shop rite had it 20 bucks for 5.5 lbs

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Shop rite had it 20 bucks for 5.5 lbs
I think that's super reasonable - I damn near choked when the butcher pulled out the 11lb frozen one and the tag was like $110.00. I wouldn't pay that for family - let alone the fellow degenerates at the bar.

Never did this recipe before so hopefully they'll come out alright..

Turfmower

i had him cut off the skin, I haven't decided what to do it it if any thing.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
2.5 hours in - piled into a pan, drizzle of local wildflower honey, brown sugar, and couple sticks of butter.

Wrapped tight with foil and back on for 2 more hours...

Turfmower

Mine are still smoking. What wood did you smoke with? I put in a big chunk of hickory
just checked them they at 130

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
I'm using apple wood. I have a pellet grill so I use the pellets in it plus a smoke tube filled with more. Mine are at 180-185 just now - sauce is simmering so once they get nice and squishy I'll drain, sauce, and roast 'em a little more to set the glaze.

Turfmower

Mine finished they where gone before Kick off
next time im going to try them with brisket

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
11 hours!?! It's all soft and jiggly so I pulled it off before it reached 200...resting now so we'll see what I have in a bit.