Just received a phone call from XM

wbab

PLEASE, NO MORE LADY DI! DRUNKEN LIAR!
She asked me why I cancelled and if I'll return.

I told her that I cancelled because XM hired Opie and Anthony to be as wild as they can. Going back to the press conference in 2004. Then when they don't tow the company line, suspension. I also told her that if they return on June 15th and are provided guidlines that they must follow, that's censored radio and that's not the reason they were hired, again, reference the 2004 press conference.

I'll tell you, it is very doubtful that I will return on the 15th. I feel that they will be held to guidlines. And if they are held to guidlines, it's censored radio.

Also, I asked her what the numbers were that cancelled, she said she didn't know, but she did tell me that she has to make "a lot of calls."

DurangoDude

good job sir :clap::clap:

any reports i hear, its that o&a are already apologizing for the show they have to do on the 15th. i dont think we'll hear an apology from xm ever, and i think they're going to hold them to higher standards

fuck em

TitanicSlide

is it too soon?
did she say anything about activation fees? any offers to get you back?

wbab

I didn't ask only because I didn't want to make an impression that I would consider returning. I wanted to send the message that I'm done with XM. I did make a comment along the lines that all of the people that did cxl, I'm sure they'll have to pay a reactivation fee. She had no comment to that.

She did however give me her office phone number. Any one want it? She's a nice person and treated me respectfuly. I thanked her very much for her efforts, so if you want the number and I give it to you, I ask you to treat her as such.

She made a remark that she has no idea how the fans of O&A are feeling towards the suspension but since she was given the task to return phone calls, she is getting a clear picture of what this means to the fans and O&A.

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
Of course there will be an activation fee. Fuck XM? No they are going to Fuck you. Big corporation lession 101.

Pyrettablaze

Of course there will be an activation fee. Fuck XM? No they are going to Fuck you. Big corporation lession 101.
No, they will get me to come back on my terms.

1. No activation fee.
2. Discounted monthly rate.

Other than that, I have no need for it and can just listen on DTV.

Yes, I will not be canceling DTV just because they are with XM. The HD content on DTV will be priceless by the end of the year. Dish and Timewarner just suck.

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies

1. No activation fee.

You know that isn't going to happen, right?
They won't be dropping the activation fee because they can make up for the month of service they lost on all the people who canceled.
A discounted rate? :haha7:

thehorans

You know that isn't going to happen, right?
They won't be dropping the activation fee because they can make up for the month of service they lost on all the people who canceled.
A discounted rate? :haha7:
The discounted rate is not going to happen, however if the code that was posted on another thread works then there will be no activation fee and 3 months for free.

XM promo code: XMSCION03.

I think you have to change your email address in order for it to work as a new subscriber. But it may be worth a shot if you are going back.

If they were to say here, you must be charged an activation fee. I will then tell them that I will no longer be activating my radio.

They will waive the activation fee if everyone remains firm in their stance.

And yes, I would like to take adavantage of the offers that they presented me when I issued my cancelation. Even if they waive the activation fee, they must honor some of that prior pricing or again, I tell them I am not activating the radio untill I am discounted.

I am surprised on the amount of people that just take things at face value. You know, when I get my DirecTV bill and it is higher than I like, I call them up and they will give me a discount off of the service.

Another example, my Cingular bill was 320 bux last month because of the wife talking too much. I called them up and argued that it was too expensive and they agreed to waive the additional minutes charges in exchange for 5 more months extended onto our current contract.

You see, there is no big business 101 lesson to learn except that you should not accept anything that you do not want to accept.

alt130

Frunkis.net
If they were to say here, you must be charged an activation fee. I will then tell them that I will no longer be activating my radio.

They will waive the activation fee if everyone remains firm in their stance.

And yes, I would like to take adavantage of the offers that they presented me when I issued my cancelation. Even if they waive the activation fee, they must honor some of that prior pricing or again, I tell them I am not activating the radio untill I am discounted.

I am surprised on the amount of people that just take things at face value. You know, when I get my DirecTV bill and it is higher than I like, I call them up and they will give me a discount off of the service.

Another example, my Cingular bill was 320 bux last month because of the wife talking too much. I called them up and argued that it was too expensive and they agreed to waive the additional minutes charges in exchange for 5 more months extended onto our current contract.

You see, there is no big business 101 lesson to learn except that you should not accept anything that you do not want to accept.
QFT

You'd be surprised what you can get if you are persistent... or in some cases, just even ask. As much as they did in essence do it to us, XM is in no position to just say "fuck you" to a former/potential sub. Getting the reactivation fee waived should be easy for most who try, especially given all the promo codes floating around that they just hand out to try to lure people in. The activation fee is mostly a tax on the couldn't-be-bothereds.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker

1. No activation fee.

Yes, I will not be canceling DTV just because they are with XM. The HD content on DTV will be priceless by the end of the year. Dish and Timewarner just suck.
Add Cablevision/Optimum to that list...

Kurto2021

Certified Pest

1. No activation fee.

Dish and Time Warner suck?

Dish has more HD channels than DirecTv right now and has for several years. I will agree the content sucks balls but I am sure that DirecTV will be in the same boat. Until those piece of shit broadcasters start going in HD it is going to suck.

Remember when MTV was edgy and hip? Why wouldn't a station like that be the first to jump on the HD bandwagon. ESPN seems to be the only station that takes HD serious. CBS is shit by the way broadcasting an NFL game in low def....fuck them.

vcdburn

Jimmy's shaved sack
When I left I was paying 77.00 per year...If the boys come back uncensored, they waive the activation, and meet or beat the price of 77.00 for 1 year then I would come back. Assuming the boys say it's ok for us to call off the dogs.

By the end of the year DTV will have more HD channels than Dish(somewhere in the area of 150 HD channels). However, DTV is the only outlet for the Ticket and superfan, currently ATM, and that means DTV trumps all if your a fan of NFL.

I hope I get that call.

I will make it clear that O&A need to be uncensored for me to come back.

mikek

Fatty made love to a cupcake
She asked me why I cancelled and if I'll return.
I got a call too, though right in the middle of the fucking workday. (Nice job, XM)

I'll be sure to call them back & MAKE IT CLEAR I can't wait to come back THE MOMENT THEY WAIVE the activation fees.

wbab

Yup, gave my real phone number when I called E-Lo's office. Provided him my name and phone number. Otherwise, what's the sense in making a complaint?

Kurto2021

Certified Pest
Capacity of 150 HD national channels.
probaby a crap load of CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox.

I don't watch that much TV and the channels I do watch are mostly in HD. I would like to see FX, Spike, TBS, MTV, and VH1 to go HD then all channels I watch would be covered. They recently added Fox Sports MW in HD so that was nice.

Capacity doesn't mean shit though....get some good channels. Dish only has 1 HD PPV and that annoys the shit out of me.

SmellyFingers

Fresh From Your Mom's Box
O and A may be prohibited from talking about the situation, however I think they will be mostly uncensored. After some time goes by, I think the show will be as wild as ever, especially after the merger falls through. I'll stick with XM. If O and A are ever fired though, then I'll do away with it, since I'll have no need for it.

If XM was smart, they would apologize and let everyone know that they are the home of free speech.

Bit Wrecker

Too big to fail
Yup, gave my real phone number when I called E-Lo's office. Provided him my name and phone number. Otherwise, what's the sense in making a complaint?
OIC. They have it because you left it in a complaint. I thought you gave it to them when you signed up for XM. In that case I understand whole-heartedly.

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies
O and A may be prohibited from talking about the situation, however I think they will be mostly uncensored.
"Mostly uncensored" is not uncensored.
If they are gagged when they come back, I'm not coming back. But aside from that, I'll be re-subbing.