Kane West's momma dies after plastic surgery

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
How's your mom die? That's terrible, I'm sorry.

http://omg.yahoo.com/donda-west-death-may-be-surgery-related/news/3937

It's funny because she was head of the English Department at Chicago State University...and her son speaks like a perfect sparkling wiggle. Too bad. The comments are kind of funny.

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - The mother of Kanye West may have died of complications related to a surgical procedure at a hospital, a coroner's official said Monday.

Preliminary information indicated she died from "complications of surgery," Lt. Fred Corral told The Associated Press. An autopsy was expected to be conducted by Wednesday, Corral said.

West had approached a plastic surgeon months ago about a procedure, but he declined to perform it because of a pre-existing medical condition and he never heard back from her, the surgeon's publicist said Monday.

West died Saturday night at age 58 at Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center in Marina Del Rey after she stopped breathing at her home, according to Deborah Ettinger, a hospital vice president. She was taken to the hospital by paramedics.

"We tried to resuscitate her, but were unsuccessful," Ettinger said.

West did not have surgery at the hospital, said Ettinger. It was not immediately clear where she had the surgery, or what the procedure was for. The Kanye West Foundation referred calls to a publicist who did not immediately respond to messages for comment.

Patricia Green, a consultant who has worked as a publicist for West in the past, had previously told news agencies that West died after cosmetic surgery. She backed away from those comments in later interviews with the AP, saying she was not sure of the cause because she had received conflicting information.

West met with Dr. Andre Aboolian of Beverly Hills to inquire about cosmetic surgery in June, said the surgeon's publicist, Jo-Ann Geffen. Aboolian told West two weeks ago that she needed to get a medical clearance before he would agree to do the surgery, but never heard back from her, Geffen said.

Aboolian was concerned about a condition West had that could have posed a problem after surgery, said Geffen, declining to elaborate because of patient privacy rights.

"He simply said that in order for him to be comfortable, he felt it necessary to have a medical clearance before he'd touch her," Geffen said.

Geffen said she didn't know if West had cosmetic surgery elsewhere.

"He feels terrible because he said she was such a sweet lady," Geffen said.

West was known for the strong bond she shared with her hip-hop star son. She was often seen by his side at parties and award shows. Kanye West often spoke of his close relationship with his mother, who raised him alone after her husband left when Kanye was 3.

The former chairwoman of Chicago State University's English department, Donda West served as chief executive of West Brands LLC, the parent company of her son's business enterprises. She also was chairwoman of the Kanye West Foundation, an educational nonprofit that works to decrease dropout rates and improve literacy.

___

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Karma's a bitch when you're a self-centered asshole.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Good for her. I have absolutely no sympathy for those people going into surgery to "fix" their imperfections. They are so full of themselves that they forget that life shouldnt be taken for granted and that the risk of death in every case of surgery is there.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I guess God needed a partially surgically-corrected rapper momma.

poppAwoody

C colon enter
May 23, 2006
LI, New York
too bad, one more down, keep giving them money, they do something stupid all the time. you can take the knitter out of the ghetto, but you can't take....well you know how it goes

KevSlider

EYE HAVE YOU
Wackbag Staff
Sep 30, 2004
Indiana
too bad, one more down, keep giving them money, they do something stupid all the time. you can take the knitter out of the ghetto, but you can't take....well you know how it goes
She was a fucking english professor. Nothing ghetto about her. What does a botched surgery have anything to do with how she used her money? Okay, let's say you just came into money and you had some fat that made you feel bad...Wouldn't you go for surgery? You have the money right? It's a common proceedure right? Go to fucking Hollywood, they do it every fucking day.

poppAwoody

C colon enter
May 23, 2006
LI, New York
umm yea, and English teachers are all top-of-the-line, ever hear an old black bitch talk and use ghetto vernacular? Its in them all....guy

oh I see by your sig line you are a kanye dickrider, I dont stand a chance here then

KevSlider

EYE HAVE YOU
Wackbag Staff
Sep 30, 2004
Indiana
umm yea, and English teachers are all top-of-the-line, ever hear an old black bitch talk and use ghetto vernacular? Its in them all....guy

oh I see by your sig line you are a kanye dickrider, I dont stand a chance here then

Nice, I see you watch The Boondocks. I'm not dick riding, I don't care if she died. I'm calling you out on your stupid reasoning. "give black money, they do stupid things." That's true yeah, but your talking about plastic surgery, ALL RACES DO IT IF THEY HAVE MONEY.

I see what you're trying to do; the "keep treating them as if they're inferior" line that Jimmy does. It doesn't apply here.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Why would she deserve to die for getting lipo?

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
botch (bŏch) Pronunciation Key
tr.v. botched, botch·ing, botch·es

1. To ruin through clumsiness.
2. To make or perform clumsily; bungle.
3. To repair or mend clumsily.

n. 1. A ruined or defective piece of work: "I have made a miserable botch of this description" (Nathaniel Hawthorne).
2. A hodgepodge.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
The only thing I'm taking out of this is that Jim Norton should remember not to do any "your mom" jokes when Kanye is in studio.

(Edit: I do realize the better joke would be for Jimmy to not do any "cosmetic surgery death" jokes, but I guess I'm waiting for the type of surgery to be ID'd.)

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
West did not have surgery at the hospital, said Ettinger. It was not immediately clear where she had the surgery, or what the procedure was for.

___
Um, where else would you have surgery? That is unless they are talking about a clinic I suppose.

In any case I feel bad for the guy. Loosing your mom can be hard.

Unlucky lottery. Every so often even the simplest procedures go wrong.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
I commented:

"We tried to resuscitate her, but were unsuccessful," Ettinger said. Man, they gave her UPS and everything. That's terrible, I'm sorry.