Kayaking!

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
So today was sort of a milestone for me. I finally rolled my kayak successfully. Actually rolled it 5 times in a row. Then I started having problems again and by the time I got it rolling again the clouds came in and I saw lightning so it was time to get off the lake.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Because you didn't want to get wet in a rainstorm?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
tsss :rolleyes:

We were in out aluminum jonboat when I was a kid. A storm was coming up fast and my dad noticed my sister's long hair was standing straight out like she had a van de graaf generator in her hands. He had us lay down in the bottom of the boat "for fun" and he drove like hell for the boat ramp.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Just picked this up today as a late birfdee present for myself:

I just wish I had my paddle, spray skirt, pfd, and brain bucket here with me..........

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Just got back from a day on the river with the new kayak. Easiest thing to roll ever. Now I just need to learn to do a few tricks in the thing. I think it is supposed to rain pretty good this weekend which should get the river level up and flowing fast again and there should be a few class II's and maybe one or two III's if I'm lucky.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Whoa, blast from the past...

Getting the teardrop trailer ready for a short weekend camp trip for the missus birthday next week. We want to bring the boat, so I broke down and got a Thule roof rack. Not complaining about the price now that I got it - very well engineered, no wind noise - perfect.

But how do I get a 2-person boat up there without fucking up the paint? YouTube had a video of a gal taking the dolly, flipping it up on the hood, and just rolling it up - fucking genius.

Tomorrow I'll give a trial run to see if it really works. The rest of today I made some tie down anchors out of conveyor belting from work and some grommets. Flip them up when needed, tuck them under when not. High temp bakery belting with a tensile rating of 500lbs/in - should be OK...

I'm about tired of 110 degree days and 95 degree nights - looking forward to the high country.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
The tie down points are a neat idea, do you have any felt or something to put between them and the body of the truck where they come up between the fender and hood so that they aren't rubbing on the paint from vibrating in the wind?

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
The tie down points are a neat idea, do you have any felt or something to put between them and the body of the truck where they come up between the fender and hood so that they aren't rubbing on the paint from vibrating in the wind?
It's a high temp silicone belting - about as soft as anything. Did a rehearsal loading this morning - shit worked like a charm.

Pretty solid driving around, including 65 on the freeway. Only change is I picked some heavier rope to re-do the bow and stern lines.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Fuck the turkey, I'm going kayaking today.