Kennewick boy expelled for YouTube gun video

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
10 year-old Kennewick student expelled after making YouTube video By Josh Peterson. Published Thursday, March 1st, 2012
Ridge View Elementary School

A 10 year-old elementary school student in Kennewick is expelled this week, after school administrators find a YouTube video he made where he displays several guns.
The video shows the Ridge View Elementary School student by himself in a room.
He picks up three guns, one at a time, and holds them in front of the camera for several seconds.
The student holds up one gun as if he is going to shoot.
It is not clear if the guns are real or fake.
The student did not make any threats to his school or any students in the 3 minute video, but the Kennewick School District expelled the boy as a safety precaution.
"Any time that something of this nature is brought to our attention, our first step is to expel a student, so that we can start an investigation. We're always going to error on the side of caution, and assume a worst case scenario. So we do bring the police in and start an investigation" said Lorraine Cooper, Kennewick School District.
The investigation is being handled by the Richland Police Department, since the video was made in Richland.
Pending the results of the investigation, the student may be allowed to return back to school.
It's not clear how long the investigation may take.
The video was uploaded to YouTube on Saturday.
It has nearly 100 views.
The school has not sent any letters home to parents explaining the expulsion.
Administrators say that's because the incident took place off campus over the weekend, and there were no threats made to the school or students.
http://www.kvewtv.com/article/2012/mar/01/10-year-old-kennewick-student-expelled-after-makin/

Aug 27, 2002
Bensalem, PA via Souf Philly
Any time that something of this nature is brought to our attention, our first step is to expel a student, so that we can start an investigation. We're always going to error on the side of caution, and assume a worst case scenario.
I guess they shoot first, and ask questions later...

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
I guess they shoot first, and ask questions later...
Booooo......

While the kid sounds like a creep, I get the feeling the school might have overreacted just a BIT...