Kevin Garnett traded to Boston

counterpunch

must not sleep / must warn others
Jun 25, 2006
Cape Cod
BOSTON (AP) — Kevin Garnett is leaving Minnesota after the Boston Celtics agreed to acquire the All-Star forward in a multiplayer trade with the Timberwolves, a Celtics official told The Associated Press on Monday.

Among the players who could be headed to Minnesota are forward Al Jefferson, of Prentiss, guard Sebastian Telfair, swingman Gerald Green and center Theo Ratliff, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been completed. The official also said the Timberwolves would get at least one draft choice.

The teams still had some things to clarify with the players' contracts, but the official said that would not keep the Celtics from acquiring Garnett, although there could be a change in the players ticketed for the Timberwolves.

Garnett, 31, has spent all of his 12 NBA seasons with Minnesota. He would get an extension of his contract, which has one year plus an option year remaining, the official said.

The Celtics had tried to get Garnett late last month, but his agent said he didn't want to go to Boston.
Story

Didn't really want to give up Al Jefferson, but Pierce + Allen + KG? Helllllo NBA finals.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Good time to live in Boston and be a sports fan. The redsox patriots and celtics could all win a championship within a year.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
I just got word of this on weei a lil while ago, Kevin M has lost his mind:icon_surp We got rid of a bunch of wasted money and get Garnett!!!! Very impressive! I don't know about the NBA finals but I see them deep into the playoff's===WERE BAAAAACK

GO C'S:clap:

(why no love for the celtics, I know they suck right now but they most certainly are a storied franchise AND had a coach that broke down the color barrier,,,yet this golfer didn't wan't to play for us)

Bye bye Al Jefferson

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Its about time something like this happened. I mean if all the Western Conference teams will win year in year out and trade off on who gets to wax the Pistons and Nets for a title of course the league is going to be stagnant and there will be lack of interest.

I wonder what changed this guys mind.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
It'll be weird seeing a basketball teams thread get stickied.

For the finals, too early to tell if this is enough. We'll have to see the chemistry. Garnett / Allen / Pierce definitely will bring some needed attention back to east coast basketball.

rndystvn

May 25, 2005
This move has to drive Kobe insane... When all he gets from the Lakers is there is nothing that can be done to improve our team...

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
WTF.....Moss....Now Garnett and Gagne in the same day...wow

Aug 28, 2006
BIG move for the Celts.
Didnt want to see Allllll go, but for Garnett....its worth it.
Hopefully the new trio lives up to the hype.