Kevin Hart Suffers Major Injuries in Car Accident, Roof Crushed

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Has there ever been a more overrated comedian? It's embarrassing how many people actually find him funny.
I don't think there is. I'm trying to come up with someone. I think he's it. In terms of popularity? Pretty sure he's it.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
They probably should have included a roll cage.
That was one of the things that I immediately thought about.

Being someone who has actually “built” cars if I was building a project like that, which will absolutely kill you, installing some kind of upgraded safety devices might be in order. I have to assume that the builder just figured that the steel body was sufficient enough to provide roll over protection
I have to assume that the builder is using some variant of this
https://dynacornbodies.com/body-shells/challenger/

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
That was one of the things that I immediately thought about.

Being someone who has actually “built” cars if I was building a project like that, which will absolutely kill you, installing some kind of upgraded safety devices might be in order. I have to assume that the builder just figured that the steel body was sufficient enough to provide roll over protection
I have to assume that the builder is using some variant of this
https://dynacornbodies.com/body-shells/challenger/

Do they use an old frame or an improved modern one for those builds?

THE FEZ MAN

Do they use an old frame or an improved modern one for those builds?
Here’s the deal, that’s a “unibody” construction, so “frame” is a relative term, a good builder will use an upgraded and properly designed and engineered suspension system and engine cradle. The old systems were designed for ease of construction not necessarily the “best” system which is properly “tuned”
It also depends on what you want to do with the car, drag racing suspensions are not suitable for “carving canyons” and Vice versa. A lot of these “builders” are more concerned with “stance” or “wheels and tires” and not specific performance suitably.
The corvette / cobra “mod rod” builders are using a highly upgraded system built and engineered specifically for that car design, and you get a sports car, or a dragster.
The “muscle car” mod rod builders often use airbags, which are inherently unstable for any kind of performance driving.
Honestly it’s a lot of geometry and math that the majority of these “builders” don’t understand because they are not drivers.

That was one of my major concerns with my truck build I didn’t want to create a more inherently unstable vehicle.
Spring vs shock rates and proper balancing of weight is very important.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
So, 700+ HP in a unibody is a death trap. Someone is going to get sued.

THE FEZ MAN

So, 700+ HP in a unibody is a death trap. Someone is going to get sued.
No, not necessarily, the car could be build “correctly” and it is possible to “over drive” the car, well beyond your skill level, which is exactly what happened here, also when you build a car like that for someone else, you make them sign a release that says “you wreck it fuck you” it was the very first form that we handed to a customer who bought a Viking. Those cars were absolute death traps

When you buy a real high end car (exotics in particular ) they will make you attend a driving school upon delivery to cover their ass, remember when Eddie Griffith wrecked that Enzo? Same deal, you don’t just climb into a car like that and think you can drive it like a Honda Accord

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Quantifying your racism don’t make you any less racist you son of a bitch!
I'm not racist, and I'll bang both of them to prove it. Hell, I'd even bang both at the same time, if that's what it takes.

TheLoon

He just wanted to be like Tracy Morgan.
https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/01/kevin-hart-car-accident-malibu-off-road-passengers-trapped/
One of Kevin Hart's classic cars ended up in a ditch in the Malibu Hills after veering off the road ... TMZ has learned, and looking at the damage ... it's a miracle he and 2 other people in the vehicle survived.

SCENE OF THE CRASH
The accident happened just before 1 AM Sunday on the winding and treacherous Mulholland Highway. Crash scene video, obtained by TMZ, shows Kevin's Plymouth Barracuda deep in a gully about 10 feet off the road.

The car smashed through wooden fencing along the roadside, and you can see the roof was completely crushed by the impact.

TMZ.com
Cops have confirmed the vehicle belongs to Kevin, but they tell us he was not driving at the time of the accident. There were 2 other people were in the car, including the driver -- and cops say Kevin and the driver both suffered "major back injuries."

The third person is a woman who did not require hospital treatment. Police say the driver had not been drinking.

Kevin was first out of the vehicle and according to a witness, a member of his security team showed up in an SUV and picked him up. Kevin lives nearby and cops say he went home "to get medical attention." He was eventually treated at a hospital.

TAKIN' HER OUT FOR A SPIN
Earlier, on Saturday ... Kevin posted a video of himself in his vintage ride, as someone yelled at him for laying down too much rubber on the street as he spun out his tires.

Kevin bought the car back in July as a 40th birthday gift to himself.
How did it happen?

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I'm not racist, and I'll bang both of them to prove it. Hell, I'd even bang both at the same time, if that's what it takes.
The sacrifices you make. You're an inspiration.

5skin

No, not necessarily, the car could be build “correctly” and it is possible to “over drive” the car, well beyond your skill level, which is exactly what happened here, also when you build a car like that for someone else, you make them sign a release that says “you wreck it fuck you” it was the very first form that we handed to a customer who bought a Viking. Those cars were absolute death traps

When you buy a real high end car (exotics in particular ) they will make you attend a driving school upon delivery to cover their ass, remember when Eddie Griffith wrecked that Enzo? Same deal, you don’t just climb into a car like that and think you can drive it like a Honda Accord
I'd guess that even a modern repop Challenger roof isn't nearly as strong as a modern Challenger. They're very stiff cars for the width and weight imo. With good tires they're very grippy too. The factory Eagle Supercar tires are junk, Pirelli P-zeros are a little better and wear out fast, Nitto Innvo I've found the most grip with.
They hold great cornering with the independent suspension....until they don't and ass end swaps with the front in a heartbeat. There's little in-between even in a NA 5.7 Hemi Challenger.