Kevin's Hart's son had a little party.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Kevin Hart is the most overrated comic and or actor ever.
I dislike his comedy. I've never seen one of his movies and I don't plan to.

I get comedy is subjective but his delivery isn't good and that's not subjective.

He also owes everything to the Tough Crowd crew, particularly Patrice and Colin.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Hopefully he'll man up and tell them all to fuck off

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Is culturally insensitive the same as racist? Cuz' it was white peepo that shit be racis.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job

I get comedy is subjective but his delivery isn't good and that's not subjective.

He also owes everything to the Tough Crowd crew, particularly Patrice and Colin.
I like when they make fun of him for being short. It always makes me pee myself. And I don't mean a little tinkle. I mean full on geyser.

I saw Soul Plane thanks to HitW and it's every bit as terrible as you imagine, but that's the only KH project I've ever seen/heard outside of his appearance on the O&A show. Is he the last of the superstar crossover standup comedians in the vain of Dane Cook and (to a lesser degree) Carlos Mencia?

Mainly I know him thanks to Patrice getting caught jerking off in his house, and I don't really care to go beyond that. I just accept that his comedy isn't targeting me.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I saw Soul Plane thanks to HitW and it's every bit as terrible as you imagine, but that's the only KH project I've ever seen/heard outside of his appearance on the O&A show. Is he the last of the superstar crossover standup comedians in the vain of Dane Cook and (to a lesser degree) Carlos Mencia?

Mainly I know him thanks to Patrice getting caught jerking off in his house, and I don't really care to go beyond that. I just accept that his comedy isn't targeting me.
Did Schumer become a "superstar" before or after him?

Also, I think you are his demo.

LiddyRules

I've seen Best Man Man, School Man, Tiny Eddie Murphy Man, Fake Jail Man, Five Year Engagement Maybe?, @Pigdango did we do Think Like A Man?, and This Is The End.

LiddyRules

Did Schumer become a "superstar" before or after him?

Also, I think you are his demo.
After. But his rise was more gradual whereas Schumer seemed to get famous a lot more suddenly.

I also think Hart will maintain longer.

LiddyRules

Are those the last two big crossover comics? I feel like I'm missing someone. Maybe a Leslie Jones?
I don't think Leslie Jones counts because she's most known for SNL than stand up and I don't know if she's really a film star.

Also she's in the new Ghostbusters and that makes men gnash their teeth and cry.

LiddyRules

Are those the last two big crossover comics? I feel like I'm missing someone. Maybe a Leslie Jones?
According to Forbes, Jim Gaffigan is the 5th highest grossing comedian of 2017 with $30.5 million. I mean we all love the manatee bit, but jeez.

#6 is Terry Fator (who?) with $18.5 million.

I also think Hart will maintain longer.
Agreed. I already think Schumer is on the way down.

Would a guy like Louis CK count, or is he off the list after he cratered his career? I feel like he has the potential to make a comeback though.

LiddyRules

Isn't that the ventriloquist? I think he has a Vegas show so that greatly skews his numbers. No way he does that kind of bank on the road.
'tis. Now explain Gaffigan.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Agreed. I already think Schumer is on the way down.

Would a guy like Louis CK count, or is he off the list after he cratered his career? I feel like he has the potential to make a comeback though.
Louis would go in the Seinfeld category as he was never a movie star.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I think stand up is pretty far down for him as far as recognition. I think you need to be known as a stand up, which he isn't.
Do people know Schumer as a stand up? I think most people just know her as a movie star.

LiddyRules

Do people know Schumer as a stand up? I think most people just know her as a movie star.
I think more people know her as a stand up than Hart as a stand up. Or at least a stand up initially.