keyboard malfunction

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
i havealogitech lx 710laser andasyou cantellthe keyboardis fuckedup. when ido one stroke ofakey it goesmultipletimes andthen doesn'twork. it has changedkeysover thepast fewweeks andasyou cantell is onthespacebar now. i triedupdating firmware anditdidn't help. itriedsearching googlewithno luck. anyideas?

....sorry forthe inconveinience iknow it's toughtoread

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Keyboards are like answering machines. You don't fix them, you just throw them away and get a new one.

Angelfuck

Part of the Ronnie B. crowd
Jan 6, 2006
Static Age
I feel like an asshole asking this but have you changed the batteries? there should also be a way to calibrate it. really basic stuff but Ive never seen a problem like yours caused by a software issue

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
Keyboards are like answering machines. You don't fix them, you just throw them away and get a new one.
only like6weeksold....got itwith mynew rig.

I feel like an asshole asking this but have you changed the batteries? there should also be a way to calibrate it. really basic stuff but Ive never seen a problem like yours caused by a software issue
replaced batteriesjust nowand it's stillfucked

cknight725

Wackbag Biblical Scholar
Sep 9, 2005
Albuq., NM
1. Buy Wired Keyboard.
2. Install Wired Keyboard.
3. Contact Logitech Support and arrange replacement (Good Luck, BTW -- Logitech support is all "deeble-dabbles") ....

Incidentally, my Logitech S510 setup has been flawless for more than a year now ....

PDX909

May 12, 2007
Portland, OR
Have to ask the question dude... have you spilled anything on the keyboard? I have one and the fucking thing is really susceptible to liquid spills for some reason... and before all you wise asses say jizz, I'm talking beer and other tasty beverages.

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
Have to ask the question dude... have you spilled anything on the keyboard? I have one and the fucking thing is really susceptible to liquid spills for some reason... and before all you wise asses say jizz, I'm talking beer and other tasty beverages.
nope justafew crumbsone ofthoseaerosal cans couldn'ttake careof

1. Buy Wired Keyboard.
2. Install Wired Keyboard.
3. Contact Logitech Support and arrange replacement (Good Luck, BTW -- Logitech support is all "deeble-dabbles") ....

Incidentally, my Logitech S510 setup has been flawless for more than a year now ....
yeah itried beforeawhile agow/ amouse...have topayforshipping. imay justtryand deal w/circuit citybut it's beenmore than 30days.

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Nov 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
(start->run->osk->enter) <- starts the OnScreenKeyboard - will make typing easier (clicking).

Did you try completely uninstalling the software/drivers, rebooting, the re-installing?

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
(start->run->osk->enter) <- starts the OnScreenKeyboard - will make typing easier (clicking).

Did you try completely uninstalling the software/drivers, rebooting, the re-installing?
firmware update on the minireceiver did the trick...didn't realize it wasn't highlighted on the screen.:action-sm