• OMG!!! GDPR!! GDPR!!! GDP f***ing R!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!

Bla, Bla, Bla, updated privacy policy, because "we care about you! "

ಠ_ಠ

If you even give a shit, our privacy policy is here.

Pro-tip: If you have a reasonable, and transparent policy from Day 1, then you don't have to run around like an asshole!

Kickstarter thread

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Great bike as long as you have a very flat level surface without any cracks, bumps, dips, or any irregular surface. The lack of large rubber bike tires or suspension in general, means no shock absorption. Those tiny tires work well on a skateboard because you stand and the bend of your knees acts as shocks. Since you'll be sitting all the shock will go directly into your body, most likely your ass.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
How do kickstarters work? I never took the time to find out. Do you pledge the cost of a product and then they ship it to you when it's finally made, or do you just throw money at a product like it's a charity? Is it comparable to buying stock in the product?

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
Great bike as long as you have a very flat level surface without any cracks, bumps, dips, or any irregular surface. The lack of large rubber bike tires or suspension in general, means no shock absorption. Those tiny tires work well on a skateboard because you stand and the bend of your knees acts as shocks. Since you'll be sitting all the shock will go directly into your body, most likely your ass.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
How do kickstarters work? I never took the time to find out. Do you pledge the cost of a product and then they ship it to you when it's finally made, or do you just throw money at a product like it's a charity? Is it comparable to buying stock in the product?
Each one is different. Look at the side panel to see what different pledge amounts get you.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
It's like an investment. But if the kickstarter you are backing doesn't meet their set goal you get a refund.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I really wanted to get in on this one in the beginning.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console?mobile=0

No one could have thought this would ever happen, I thought it was going to be the best vaporware scam in the history of gaming. Looks like they'll be hitting the shelves at Best Buy and Amazon in a little over a month. Damn, I missed out!
Give it to me straight, Doc. What do I need to use this? It says Android powered and that sounds cell phone-like to me. You ever look at those cell coverage maps and note dark areas? That's me. So can this thing be used in the privacy of my own home without being in cell service?

whiskeyguy

Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
That's a cool concept. Does Kickstarter act as a type of escrow until the goals are met? If so, that's pretty genius... collect interest off of everyone else's money.

whiskeyguy

Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
The problem would be the mass refunds since most never reach the goal.
Yeah they would have to work out how much money is expected to reach the goal, and when that payout will have to happen. They could put a portion of that in higher interest accounts like CDs, and keep the rest in a liquid, interest bearing account.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
They do take a small cut of the investment, but I'm not sure how much.
They take 5%, plus whatever the payment processor collects.
The problem would be the mass refunds since most never reach the goal.
I guess "most" is technically correct, but they're about a 45% success rate with their startups. If they're not successful your credit card never gets charged. Compare that to venture capital investments.

And contrary to popular belief, these aren't (and are separate from) investments in a company or an idea. What you get for your investment is frequently just a working prototype or a license to use/view a creative work.

Top Bottom