Kill or be Killed?

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
So following Fez's question today, and the whole discussion about it, what would you do.

Personally, I have no fear of death, but given the choice, all you mofo's are going down and I'm walking the earth. I realize that to some of you my attitude won't come as much of a shocker.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Yeah, I don't know why they treated Fez like he was such a madman. When I think of all the people in Katrina who died and how little I care, I realize that my number is easily in the thousands. And if the dead are strangers, my chick is safe and that's all I care about.

Oh, and puppies are safe. So suck that strangers.

ImAlrightSpider

I paid $2 a month for O&A and I LIKED it!
Feb 20, 2006
Natick, MA
I didn't hear the show, but...

I am not at all a violent person, but I would kill to keep my family safe. I would be less likely to kill for my own safety than that of my daughters.

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
Initially I was with Fez, but the more Ron explained his position, the more I found myself on that side. I'd rather be the hero to save someone's life even if no one knew about it than a coward who'd let someone die in my place.

Then again, I'm broke, unemployed, single and think about killing myself every day.

Turtle

WACKBAGGER
Jun 8, 2005
The knowledge that through your you actions have caused or are directly responsible for another persons death, is something that you carry with you for the rest of your life. Don’t kid yourself, you will think about it every single day…without exception.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
it's easy to take the moral high ground when it's a hypothetical question.
That's what stinks about all those morality test questions. Nobody has to have the courage of their conviction.
Fun talk, and Ron made some good points.
Thing is, most people would choose to live, and probably be messed up by the choice like Ron said. Still, they'd choose to live.

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
The knowledge that through your you actions have caused or are directly responsible for another persons death, is something that you carry with you for the rest of your life. Don’t kid yourself, you will think about it every single day…without exception.
Not that I'm trying to pry or start a discussion about it, but your call today was straight-on. I know a lot of people who went to war and you're not alone in the way you think, buddy. I can't imagine what it's like.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
I am so scared of death, it kills me.

No, seriously I have anxiety attacks when I sit and think about dying. Thanks alot, now I will be up all night until I drink all my Bud Select and eat all my Xanax.

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
I am so scared of death, it kills me.

No, seriously I have anxiety attacks when I sit and think about dying. Thanks alot, now I will be up all night until I drink all my Bud Select and eat all my Xanax.
You aren't alone. It has gotten better for me, but there is a time I almost ended it because I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I have put broken bones and maybe was responsible for a trip to i.c.u., but killing is taking it to another level. I like to think if it came down to a "me or him" situation, I could do it, but I am not sure.

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
Many moons ago, when Fez was brought up the subject of listening to the little voices, I called it that I had once listened to the little voices. Therefore being directly responsible for a very nasty 4 car accident that resulted in one person being airlifted to a trauma center. Though it has been 11 yrs, I still don't have any remose for my actions, even the night it happened I felt no remorse. Even after the cops knocked on my door and questioned me for involvement (someone witnessed the accident and gave them a description of my car, but there was another similar car that was parked two blocks from the accident), and I denied the whole event I still felt no remorse.

Yes Liddy, I need help.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I was kind of shocked that Ron didn't come out with an outlandish number, but when you think about it harder I can see him saying 1 person dying is enough to be killed himself.

I know that my answer isn't 1, I can't necessarily give a numerical answer though. I was surprised people thought Fez was a madman because of his answer.

I do have a question about the idea Fez brought up about why don't Christians just kill themselves then if they truly believe in a heaven and afterlife. So Christianity believes suicide is a sin right? Because the Bible says? Let's say you lived 80 years of fantastic "Christian life" and killed yourself one day... you don't get in to the "heaven" is that the belief?

Also, Fez mentioned why not pray for cancer. Would it be suicide if as a believer in heaven and thinking you were going to get "in" to not fight the cancer?
Say you got cancer, would it be wrong to just let it kill you, thinking that that would lead to heaven?

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Say you got cancer, would it be wrong to just let it kill you, thinking that that would lead to heaven?
I don't see how. I would expect to see more Xtians happy to hear that news.
I know you can't suicide to get to heaven, but why fight a terminal affliction if it's going to get you to a better place soon.

They all do, though..

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly
Take it a step further. Most people would kill to save those they care about or some such thing. What if the person you had to kill was Ron ? Hmmmm....

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I'm not a religious person, but I think I could die to save someone's life. I mean how cool would it be to know people were comparing you to Jesus, that you died to save mankind. So I say when that fucker walks into the room, I say bring it on motherfucker.

Dec 2, 2005
Missouri Valley, Ia
Ron said something to the effect that by choosing to kill a stranger you'd be selfish. He used the example of a mother with 7 kids or some shit. Well, Ron....what about your kids? He'd put a stranger's life ahead of his family (using the mother being killed example)??????

That's fucked up.

Like the guy said up there, I really didn't care much about the people that died in Katrina. So go kill the stranger. I am not sorry.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
On the other hand, you have to be around to think about it.

I'm an athiest. If it comes down to my life or a strangers, you'd have to rack up a pretty high body count before I start getting concerned. Besides, if it's a random stranger the person is likely to be from India or China, and we could use alot less of either.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Although I think I’m a pretty decent guy I don't think I have some heightened sense of morality and there is no way I could have some random person killed just so I could save myself. Self-preservation is one thing, but being directly responsible for a random murder is another. I couldn't even look at myself afterwords.

RENFIELD

May 11, 2007
Ron was doing schtick...
the anti-view of anything is the core of radio talk shows.
if fez took the high ground, ron would have gone the other way...
(as fez is prone to do)

if it was some anonymous person in Pig Dick, Arkansas or someone on the other side of the world... as opposed to having to witness the killing...

HOW WOULD YOU EVEN KNOW IT WAS REAL ?

give me a choice between a KNOWN person and myself...
i'd have to evaluate the situation...
an unknown.... wouldn't bother me at all...

as deep as RON went... (earl finally agreed with ron on something)
he could make a case... (in fantasy world)
but in the real world... he'd be in a very small minority...
(actually he might even change his mind when it's for real)

oh... and i've seen every TWILIGHT ZONE episode ever made...
probably 50 times each.. and the NEW TWILIGHT ZONE...
and the radio shows called DIMENSION X that kind of inspired
the twilight zone...(and amazing stories)...

I HAVE NEVER SEEN OR HEARD OF AN EPISODE
(as mentioned by a caller) ABOUT A BOX..
PUSH THE BUTTON.. SOMEONE DIES...
AND YOU GET $10,000 !!!

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
I am so scared of being dead in a hole in the ground for eternity, that I would have zero problem killingto keep my life going. Or to save my family.

As a matter of fact, I'd kill, then eat and sleep. I'd dream about puppies and lollipops and wake up. Then kill some more if need be.

I have even told me wife, keep me on life support until she is dead and then....tell the kids to do the same thing.

I do not want to die

I am a chicken shit

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
I am so scared of being dead in a hole in the ground for eternity
Really? I dont worry about that at all...I'd worry more about leaving my family behind...but shit man, when you're dead, you're dead...That part is easy...I just hope I don't go out slowly where i'd have to worry about unfinished business or my family...

...and i'd never kill anyone unless I caught my chick cheating on me with a good friend...then i'd have to kill two people.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Best part of the whole bit was when Ron started cracking up and saying that Earl has always been on Fez's side and that Earl has been "Nothing but fair to both of us"

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
Really? I dont worry about that at all...I'd worry more about leaving my family behind...but shit man, when you're dead, you're dead...That part is easy...I just hope I don't go out slowly where i'd have to worry about unfinished business or my family...

...and i'd never kill anyone unless I caught my chick cheating on me with a good friend...then i'd have to kill two people.
You know that is the weird part, I guess once you are gone, poof. Its like it was before you existed. The part I think I have a hard time with is eternity.

I do not want to live forever either, the whole idea of eternity just freaks me the fuck out. The same thing with the universe....there needs to be a beginning and an end.

We are just stupid fucking creatures that cannot process infinite thoughts and principles and it fucks me up big time

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
The part I think I have a hard time with is eternity.

I do not want to live forever either, the whole idea of eternity just freaks me the fuck out. The same thing with the universe....there needs to be a beginning and an end.

We are just stupid fucking creatures that cannot process infinite thoughts and principles and it fucks me up big time
I don't think you're the only one who can't process eternity.
It's weird, I remember like the first time I found out about death, and asked my mom what happened when you died. She gave me the old, "You go to heaven and live forever" and I was like "Forever?" I remember being totally overwhelmed by thinking about billions and billions of years of eternity. I still don't even like thinking about it, it freaks me out.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
How about a situation where a person has killed on purpose (not by accident) multiple times.
And yet has put their own life at risk multiple times (on purpose) to save a complete stranger.
What do you think is either wrong/going thru their head every day?