Kimbo Slice vs Tank Abbott

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
Anyone watching this? Hope Kimbo gets fucking destroyed but seriously doubt it's gonna happen, they keep feeding this guy fucking has beens.

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
Was it on tv? I'm watching the Pavlik/Taylor UCs

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
Yeah...it's on showtime, didn't start yet

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
Balls to that. My 4 months of free Showtime from DirectTV expired a couple weeks ago. I hope Tank fucks him up. I hate stupid overrated Kimbo Slice. They should put him in against Lesnar.

JC510

Mar 3, 2006
Get this old fat bastard out of the ring before Kimbo ends his life

Steam

May 18, 2003
Damn, Tank is old and slow

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Did anyone actually think that Tank stood a chance in this fight? And not because Kimbo is so great. Tank Abbot is that bad in a real MMA fight. He's a beast in a toughman competition but, when he won his UFC championships, it was during the worst and most unskilled period in the UFC's history. The guy is one of the best bar fighters in the world but he's in no way, shape, or form a MMA fighter.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
When the fuck is Kimbo gonna fight someone under 40 for Gods sake? I mean....Ray Mercer...Tank Abbott....WTF?!

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
Did anyone actually think that Tank stood a chance in this fight? And not because Kimbo is so great. Tank Abbot is that bad in a real MMA fight. He's a beast in a toughman competition but, when he won his UFC championships, it was during the worst and most unskilled period in the UFC's history. The guy is one of the best bar fighters in the world but he's in no way, shape, or form a MMA fighter.
Absolutely not....I was just hoping he would get lucky and one punch him. Kimbo is not a young guy, so they feed him has beens so they can milk it for all it's worth.

Put him up against a young great fighter like Rampage Jackson and the Kimbo hype is done.

eatabullet

Let it be known!
Mar 20, 2005
Oklahoma
Absolutely not....I was just hoping he would get lucky and one punch him. Kimbo is not a young guy, so they feed him has beens so they can milk it for all it's worth.

Put him up against a young great fighter like Rampage Jackson and the Kimbo hype is done.
250ish versus 205ish? Really?

bloody hymen

My ass has been turned into a bloody fountain
Apr 23, 2006
Massena, NY
Showtime's smart to ease Slice along and bring in the casual fans. You bring him along slowly and generate buzz, even if he never develops he could at least be a Butterbean attraction.

It's the same thing the UFC should have done with Lesner. How many "casual" fans are really going to tune in to see Lesner's next fight? I doubt not at many had he beat Mir or been fed an opponent. I think the loss killed the curiosity factor with non MMA fans....they probably think he can't hack it. Granted, I think Lesner can be the real deal but I think the UFC screwed up big time interms of marketing and promoting.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Showtime's smart to ease Slice along and bring in the casual fans. You bring him along slowly and generate buzz, even if he never develops he could at least be a Butterbean attraction.

It's the same thing the UFC should have done with Lesner. How many "casual" fans are really going to tune in to see Lesner's next fight? I doubt not at many had he beat Mir or been fed an opponent. I think the loss killed the curiosity factor with non MMA fans....they probably think he can't hack it. Granted, I think Lesner can be the real deal but I think the UFC screwed up big time interms of marketing and promoting.
I'm not sure I agree with that. I mean, boxing was an established sport long before Butterbean and his stupid 4 round dog and pony show started showing up. The UFC is still building that reputation as a legitimate and serious sport. Bringing in a name from wrestling and feeding him easy opponents would just look like a gimmick and cause more casual fans to write off the legitimacy of the UFC. Lesnar will have the interest back after he wins a fight. And it won't look like it was a WWE style cage match.

NortonsHeiny

Ronnie B Rocks my Fat Ass
Nov 14, 2005
New Jersey
Word

If Kimbo had promise do you think that he would be training in a MMA/UFC gym & getting some hupe behind him? Rampage would kill him.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
I like how it became so clear so fast that Tank would be knocked out that the ref had to find reasons to slow the fight down so it wouldn't be a 12 second knock out.