OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

Discussion in 'Computer and Console Gaming' started by Yesterdays Hero, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

http://reckoning.amalur.com/en/

Was going to pass right over this one, as I've a little over 2 dozen games that are yet to be opened, let alone played. Then I read the pseudo review on PA and figured sure wtf. As I'm a whore for a open world games. Could be my favorite genre, when it's put together properly (didn't try Fable, oddly enough).

Will pick this one up.

http://www.penny-arcade.com

Spoiler for Length.

2. DR. Jimcy M.E.

I saw someone post a screen of the game on 4chan about 5 minutes ago and as soon as I saw it I said "wtf is that game?" cause it looked great.

I'm an RPG gamer mostly so I will be playing this at some point.

3. CM Mark

CM Mark The East is Ours!

I played the demo when it came out on the PS3 a couple of weeks ago. I like this game but will wait on picking it up only because it comes out in the middle of my school semester. I try not to game during school.

4. Blue Heeler

Blue Heeler Uber Listener / Asshole

I played the demo and enjoyed it except for the camera, they need to back it out a bit so it doesn't feel so claustrophobic. I'll likely wait until it's on sale on Steam.

5. DR. Jimcy M.E.

Same here. Got conservation biology, paleobiology, principles of biology II and american history before 1877 this semester so not much game time.

6. Yesterdays Hero

Same. It's either school or gaming. School has a fair bit more on the line, than if I get my Bounty Hunter in Star Wars to 50 by the time Diablo 3 comes out.

I've a veritable Gamestop staring at me on the shelf across the room, and it stinks as there's a lot I want to play on there.

7. chumpy

chumpy No hopes of repair
    Donator

I dl the demo from steam and tried it for a half hour and, to me, it sucked.

8. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

It came out today. Impressions?

I'm still balls deep into Skyrim so it will be a while before I can get to it.

9. Yesterdays Hero

Haven't gotten it. Maybe later this month. Too much going on to go through a game like that (it's apparently fairly lengthy). That, and the 36ish other games I have sitting unplayed may kick my ass if I skipped them all.

10. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

I just downloaded the demo on Steam. It has that fluid isotropic Devil May Cry sort of vibe to the combat. It seems more action oriented than RPG. The only really annoying thing is that there isn't any real jumping. There seems to be some points in the game where you need to jump and it's tied to the action button. The same action button you use to loot bodies and chests or activate levers and switches.

11. Joker1919

Joker1919 Registered User

I played the demo last week and was very impressed. I also have a backlog of games on my list and I will pick this up later.

12. SOS

SOS ONA
    Wackbag Staff

It was mentioned on today's show because Kurt Shilling will have to give away his bloody sock as collateral because his business is insolvent.

13. DR. Jimcy M.E.

They kept saying it was an MMO over and over which was annoying me. Any game website could tell you its not.

I really enjoyed the game, the combat is pretty dam good but the story is a little lacking in creativity.

14. Monstercloud

Monstercloud Registered User

Ditto. There was supposed to be an MMO assuming KoA was a success, but as far as I know, it wasn't based in the same world.

From what I know, the game suffered a serious leveling curve problem, or lack there of. Which is kind of funny, as the fable games (at least 1 and 2) suffered the same problem, but people think that series is great.

15. DR. Jimcy M.E.

I liked the game much better then fable.

I liked fable 1 but I was a lot younger back then and fable 2 was just blah. I think those games are meant for children because they're so milk toast.

16. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

The problem was that they borrowed a shitload of money and mismanaged the spending of most of it. They ended screwing the people of Rhode Island out of 75 million dollars.