Movie Kingsman Prequel

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
This is interesting news.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2018/09/28/kingsman-prequel-ralph-fiennes-harris-dickinson/

'Kingsman' Prequel To Reportedly Star Ralph Fiennes And Harris Dickinson

By Matthew Mueller - September 28, 2018

The Kingsman prequel might've just made its first cast additions.

The upcoming Kingsman prequel will take place during World War 1, and according to Daily Mail Celeb's Baz Bamigboye the project has just added Ralph Fiennes and Harris Dickinson to the cast. No word on who they will be playing yet, but some recent casting details involving Kingsman 3 might provide some clues.

"Exclusive: #RalphFiennes & ?@HarrisDickinson? to star in #Kingsman:Untitled prequel set during WW1 .Third film in Kingsman franchise now in pre-production with #MatthewVaughn set to direct early part of 2019."

Exclusive: #RalphFiennes & ?@HarrisDickinson? to star in #Kingsman:Untitled prequel set during WW1 .Third film in Kingsman franchise now in pre-production with #MatthewVaughn set to direct early part of 2019. pic.twitter.com/zxzIVO6NvH
— Baz Bamigboye (@BazBam) September 27, 2018

The Kingsman prequel is currently rumored to be titled Kingsman: The Great Game and will take place in the 1910's during the first World War. It appears that Kingsman 3 will be the foundation for the spinoff prequel, and will bring in two lead characters that will also be used in The Great Game. According to That Hashtag Show, one of those characters will be known as Conrad, described as a cocky young son of a British Duke who wants to aid the country in the War. This seems like a good fit for Dickinson and could end up baring some sort of connection to Taron Egerton's character Eggsy.

The second character did not have a name associated, only described as an older male, but the studio was rumored to be looking at Fiennes for the role, so it seems if this latest report is true they might have gotten their wish.

Fiennes and Dickinson will likely then be featured in Kingsman 3, which will bring the current story of Eggsy and Harry Hart to a conclusion. That movie will film back to back with The Great Game, but that isn't the only piece of the Kingsman puzzle in development. While the main trilogy will be coming to an end, Matthew Vaughn is also working on a spin-off film starring the Statesman, the United States branch of the Kingsman introduced in Kingsman: The Golden Circle. That is expected to bring back Channing Tatum, Jeff Bridges, and Halle Berry to reprise their roles.

There's also a Kingsman television series in the works, which would be an eight-episode series, though no other details are known regarding what it would focus on or what characters and actors would be involved.
0comments

Kingsman 3 is expected sometime in 2019, while there is no release date for Kingsman: The Great Game.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I'm for it. I like retro sci-fi, I like WW1 era, and it's far enough back in time that even if the main character is Harry's father, we still won't get Harry. I'm more pro-this than Kingsman 3 or a Kingsman TV series.

As a side note, I always forget the main character in Kingsman is named Eggsy. I keep thinking it's a nickname for Taron Egerton.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Kingsman 2 sucked. Hope they don't drop the ball again.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Wait - they are doing this AND Kingsman 3? I assumed they were scrapping a part 3 for this. They are so gonna Star Wars this. I’m totally in now. #HitW2021

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Wait - they are doing this AND Kingsman 3? I assumed they were scrapping a part 3 for this. They are so gonna Star Wars this. I’m totally in now. #HitW2021
Not going to argue about the merits/demerits of Kingsman WW1. We're of different minds, and that's okay. But here's my question

Would you rather see Kingsman WW1 or Kingsman 3?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Not going to argue about the merits/demerits of Kingsman WW1. We're of different minds, and that's okay. But here's my question

Despite the problems that could arise from Kingsman WW1, I would be more interested in seeing that instead of Kingsmen 3. Especially if Channing Tatum is playing the lead. Its has nothing to do with him as an actor. It has more to do with the fact that he isn't British and I think one of cool things about Kingsman is its Britishness.

Also between the first two movies, I don't think there's that many Kingsman left.

But I definitely think they should do one or the other and not both.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I’m in.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I'm thinking 80's-90's, possibly when Eggsy's dad is first initiated into the service.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004

You can persuade me of the merits of WW1 in general, but for Kingsman in particular, with its highly stylized, heavily CGI augmented action... well that’s not going to work, is it? You’re letting your love for the era cloud your judgment. Vaughn’s Tom foolery will look as out of place as Wonder Woman v Ares.

So for Kingsman - I prefer Kingsman 3. But I’d always be interested in a more appropriate WW1 spy/action movie. This won’t be it. This will be garbage.