OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Kurt Angle: UFC offered me a fight vs Kimbo

Discussion in 'UFC/MMA' started by UCJOE, Sep 27, 2011.

1. UCJOE

UCJOE I have a lot of business with the Chinese

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/9/27/2452775/kurt-angle-dan-white-wanted-me-to-fight-kimbo-on-ppv

"I’ve tried out five times; let me tell you what happened.I met with the IFL, I met with Pro VFC, I met with Pride, I met with the UFC twice, and the reason I did not sign with any of them was, the three other companies weren’t paying me near what UFC was offering, so there was a money issue; then, the UFC, who I would have signed with in a second -- and I passed their physical, thank God -- wanted me to start just four-and-a-half weeks later. No way. I had to do what they wanted under their terms. Me trying out for the Olympics is under my terms. I choose my weight class, how I’m gonna train, who I’m gonna train with, and that the US Open is when I’m gonna start. It was hard because I love Dana White and I respect him a lot. The first time I met him he wouldn’t let me wrestle and fight, and I had just signed with TNA, and I didn’t want to go back to TNA and say 'Hey, I’m not doing this now…' so he said 'call me when you’re done wrestling.' I called him a couple of years later – I was getting a little tired of wrestling – I said 'Hey, I’m ready,' so we had another meeting and he had me do a physical, and he threw a great offer at me, but said 'I need you in four and a half weeks.' I said 'I can’t do that. You’ve gotta give me 3-6 months,' but he said 'I need you in four a half weeks,' so I said 'Well then; we’re not going to be able to do this.' We didn’t talk for a while, but now we’re back to being good friends. The reason Dana White wanted me so quickly though, is because he wanted to put me in the next available pay-per-view against Kimbo Slice."

2. Konstantin K

Konstantin K Big League Poster

Angle vs Kimbo seems like more of thing that should have happened in Pride.

3. mills

mills I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness

OOO I can still see threads started by people I have on ignore! I was worried about that.

Putting Kimbo with some shitty pro wrestling faggot on some awful UFC undercard sounds perfect to me. A lot of people still want to watch him fight. They wanted to watch Toney fight too and while Kimbo is no Toney, it was fun.

4. fulldevilsoccer

fulldevilsoccer Registered User

Even that Tough enough kid could beat Kimbo.

5. fulldevilsoccer

fulldevilsoccer Registered User

[video=youtube;1RBWFhlCyk8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RBWFhlCyk8[/video]

6. UCJOE

[​IMG]

7. UCJOE

Pride was all about that stuff
    Dana said that he never offered any fight to Kurt
    Kurt has been known to elaborate before, maybe it was a passing conversation & not a real offer

8. JMCC

JMCC Registered User

Kurt either wants the attention, or he's delusional, or maybe both.

I just wonder, whatever happen to the 3 I's Kurt? Where's the Integrity?

9. UCJOE

Delusional for sure
    like i said, I think a conversation between him & Dana happened but he took it & fabricated a whole offer

10. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan She A Great Big Fat Person?

How is this a blooper? Does the video poster not know wrestling is fake?

11. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

There's no way Dana would offer Kurt a fight, at least not anymore. It's well known in the industry how fucked up his body and mind are. Dude gets arrested for driving under the influence on a monthly basis. He's way too broken down and unstable for anyone but TNA to hire.

12. UCJOE

Well it seems the offer was for The Ultimate Fighter HW season
    From http://www.f4wonline.com

White also talked about his negotiations with Kurt Angle in 2009. He said that Angle had been pushing to get into UFC for years. As many know, in 2006, White and Angle negotiated when Angle was fired by WWE. White believed they had a deal and had called Daniel Puder to do a PPV grudge match stemming from an incident on a 2004 episode of Smackdown where Puder put Angle in a Kimura in a shoot wrestling match that WWF arranged thinking Angle would tear up the Tough Enough competitors. However, Angle, after telling White how pro wrestling had ruined his life and he was done with it, signed with TNA. White at that point told Angle that he was not going to use someone who was pro wrestling at the same time.

From 2006, and particularly after 2008, Angle had called White many times trying to get into UFC. White again said he wouldn't use him as long as he was doing pro wrestling. Angle kept pushing, with the idea that he was a better wrestler than Brock Lesnar and claimed he beat Brock Lesnar (the famous backstage match in Fargo, ND, in 2003 where different people have different views of who really won).

White did call him in 2009 and wanted him in with the football players and Kimbo Slice in The Ultimate Fighter. Angle's version is White didn't give him enough notice. White's version is that Angle accepted and failed the medicals. He said he didn't want to diss Angle and refused to comment past he failed the medicals. But he said Angle's claim that he was asked to do a PPV match with Kimbo wasn't true, although it would have been possible in the house for such a match to take place.

13. UCJOE

[video=youtube;k3kusCKMd40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kusCKMd40[/video]