Kurt Cobain - About a Son (Documentary)

J D

Staten Island Sucks
Jun 18, 2000
Staten Island
http://www.kurtcobainaboutason.com/

"An intimate and moving meditation on the late musician and artist Kurt Cobain, based on more than 25 hours of previously unheard audiotaped interviews conducted with Cobain by noted music journalist Michael Azerrad for his book "Come As You Are: The Story of Nirvana." In the film, Kurt Cobain recounts his own life - from his childhood and adolescence to his days of musical discovery and later dealings with explosive fame - and offers often piercing insights into his life, music, and times. The conversations heard in the film have never before been made public and they reveal a highly personal portrait of an artist much discussed but not particularly well understood."

The whole movie is audio of Kurt talking about his life with footage of places from where he grew up, etc. Sounds good. I'm gonna try seeing it this friday at the IFC place in Manhattan.

rottentomatoes is giving it a 78%

It's only playing in a few cities though

WonkaVision

To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!
Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
Fucking cool! Never even heard about this movie...will definitly see it. Anyone see Kurt and Courtney? That was a decent documentry...this one sounds better though.

J D

Staten Island Sucks
Jun 18, 2000
Staten Island
Saw it last night and I liked it a lot. You do have to have a pretty huge interest in Kurt as a person and not so much just a fan of Nirvana to really enjoy the movie.

Also, the interviews were done in 1992-1993 when he was pretty huge into heroin, so many times he sounds angry and paranoid; and he was also known to exaggerate some stuff as well.

Toward the end of the movie he starts talking about where he sees the future of rock going and what kids will be into in terms of having appreciation for music; very prophetic.