'Lady Chinky Eyes': Papa John's Store Calls Woman Racial Slur In Receipt

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

Minhee Cho went to Papa John's for some fast food goodness. Little did she know, she would get it served with a side of racism.

At around 12:30 p.m. today, Papa John's customer Minhee Cho tweeted a photo of a receipt she received at a Papa John's restaurant in uptown, New York City.

In it, under the customer's name section, the restaurant employee who rang up the order used the racial slur "lady chinky eyes" to describe her.

Cho posted the photo to her Twitter page, where it was quickly retweeted by hundreds of people. By 3 p.m., the photo had been viewed over 25,000 times.

When The Huffington Post reached the Papa John's in question for comment, the assistant manager -- who only gave her first name as Marjani -- said she was unaware of the incident.

"I apologize," she said in a phone interview. "I'm sure they didn't mean any harm but some people will take it offensive." She added that she "had an idea of who it was," based on the time of the receipt.

Marjani went on to say that this was the kind of behavior that would result in disciplinary action, but declined to go into further detail on what she planned to do.

Papa John's has yet to respond to the incident in a statement or its Facebook and Twitter accounts, but with such a PR disaster on their hands, they most likely will soon.

Rink

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
What if Charlie in the photo knew the person working there and it was some kind of inside joke? I call a Brown Friend of mine every Sand-Nigger slur in the book. And?

Nothing wrong here.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
"Minhee Cho went to Papa John's for some fast food goodness. Little did she know, she would get it served with a side of racism"

Is this the type of witty lead-off sentence you learn in journalism school?

That being said, I find it unintentionally hilarious.

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
What if Charlie in the photo knew the person working there and it was some kind of inside joke? I call a Brown Friend of mine every Sand-Nigger slur in the book. And?

Nothing wrong here.
The manager said:
"I'm sure they didn't mean any harm but some people will take it offensive."
Sounds to me like you're right, they knew each other and were just having fun. Chinkey Eyes probably put it on her facebook because she was happy the guy was playing.
If she was pissed, she'd have gone to the manager directly, not waited hoping someone else would see it and save her.

At least that's how I see it with my round American eyes.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
a receipt she received at a Papa John's restaurant in uptown, New York City

So she's in New York City and voluntarily choosing Papa John's? I thought the chinky eyed people were smart.

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
a receipt she received at a Papa John's restaurant in uptown, New York City

So she's in New York City and voluntarily choosing Papa John's? I thought the chinky eyed people were smart.
She just wants to fuck the guy that works there.

Wait, that might be even less smart.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
Is there an asian version of Rev Al to rally the troops and protest/possibly incite a riot in front of this place?

No justice, no pizza!

(get it? See what I did there?)

Buds Spuckley

Mar 17, 2008
I didnt even know there was a Papa Johns in NYC

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
The fact that a papa johns can stay open in NYC is the story. It reminds me of Americans that go to France and look for a Mcdonalds or a Applebees.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
So would her husband be Lord Chinky Eyes?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I didnt even know there was a Papa Johns in NYC
There are a few of them in NYC.

The fact that a papa johns can stay open in NYC is the story. It reminds me of Americans that go to France and look for a Mcdonalds or a Applebees.
11 posts in. That has to be a new record.

bedhumper

Oct 9, 2011
Is there an asian version of Rev Al to rally the troops and protest/possibly incite a riot in front of this place?

No justice, no pizza!

(get it? See what I did there?)
Yeah, some chink was going after Carolla a few years back.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Papa John's has yet to respond to the incident in a statement or its Facebook and Twitter accounts
How fucking lazy are "journalists" these days that they troll Facebook pages run by marketing interns for rebuttal quotes?

And I'd ride my rickshaw up her Ho Chi Minh Trail, if you know what I mean.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
"I apologize," she said in a phone interview. "I'm sure they didn't mean any harm but some people will take it offensive." She added that "it was probably the stupid nigger, cause the whites know better".
How funny would that have been?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
In an interesting twist, she's a professional race baiter....I mean "public interest" journalist.