Lamest injury in awhile. Runyon slips off table, breaks ass.

pooter

I like peas.
Mar 6, 2003
Somerset, NJ
I didn't see an Eagles thread to put this in so, discuss amongst yourself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3070678
Eagles starting right tackle Jon Runyan sat out practice Friday after bruising his tailbone in a training room fall, but believes he will make his 184th consecutive start Sunday against Chicago.
Runyan

Runyan, who was moving gingerly in the locker room Friday, said he slipped while getting into a tub following Thursday's practice and landed on the tub's edge.
Asked how he felt Friday afternoon, Runyan said "not good."
"The most comfortable position is standing, put it that way," he said.
The irony of hurting himself in the training room was not lost on Runyan, who has started 183 consecutive games including the playoffs.
"It's frustrating, as you're getting into the tub to kind of take care of your body, you end up hurting yourself," he said.
But both Runyan and coach Andy Reid expect the 12-year veteran to play Sunday.
"It's not going to be fun, but we'll get it done," Runyan said.
Reid was confident enough to make a quick joke at Runyan's expense.
"It's a long way down to that tailbone," Reid said of the 6-foot-7 tackle.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
That Sucks and is Funny at the same time.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I did that once carrying a laundry basket down my basement steps....seems a sock escaped and was on a step... they are like bana peels... Whoooop... Bam assbone, It smarts.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
That is lame, I injured by tailbone in highschool from sitting back with all my pressure on it all day on this plastic seats.

But the lamest sports injury in my mind was during the 1985 World Series. Vince Coleman's leg getting trapped in the Tarp during a rain delay is one of the lamest things. How does one's leg get trapped in a tarp? They're not exactly moving at lightspeed.

I was looking for video of Coleman and found this link. All time Bizzare Injury Team.
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/holloman/020307.html
Apparently Griffey missed some games due to his cup pinching one of his balls.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
He'll play. Strahan knocks him flat on his ass about 5 times per game whenever they line up against each other! He'll be fine.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
Fuckin a that hurts. I busted my tailbone on the steps about a year ago. Took fuckin months to heal. I could barely get in and out of the car for the first few days. I couldn't imagine playing football.

chutzd

Jan 24, 2007
Columbus OH
Yeah I broke mine when I was camping and had to wait almost a week to see a doctor. It takes you like 5 minutes to sit down or get up for a long as time. It sucks.