OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Landmark US-Mexico trucking agreement resolves 15-year conflict

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sinn Fein, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

Landmark US-Mexico trucking agreement resolves 15-year conflict

2. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

While reading the story, this is what was going to worry me (another way of outsourcing). If the drivers and trucks meet the same safety requirements, and the trucks/cargo are well inspected, I don't really see a problem with it.

3. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Democratic union members heads assploding all over the place.

It'll result in a net loss of jobs. Mexican truckers won't mind coming onto our nice clean safe roads, but I can't imagine U.S. truckers crazy enough to want to venture too far down into Mexico.

4. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

Fixed.

5. weeniewawa

weeniewawa it's a man, baby!!!

they say that they are not allowed to haul any local freight while here but you know they will

their junk trucks will be involved in all sorts of shenanigans and wrecks on our roads

Obamma sure screwed over all truckers in this country and his union supporters too

6. boardsofcanada

boardsofcanada You're a Charcoal Briquette..ditsoon..a moolinyan

If you really believe ANY President is pro union you're a moron. At the Presidential level they are all pro NAFTA globalists. And NAFTA is as anti middle class, anti union as it gets. It doesn't matter how many union people obama appoints or how many favors he does for them because he's still a big time supporter of the number one thing that's destroying them.

7. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

This is going to create a "black market" line of freight. Mexican trucks will drift up into the United States and haul point to point in the United States, risking only a fine.

Please make no mistake thinking that this will hurt the big 5 (Werner, JB Hunt, Crete, Schneider, Swift). They have been pushing for this since NAFTA passed. They already have pilot programs and tons of land down in Mexico. You won't be able to tell an American Werner truck from a Mexican one. Do you think state law enforcement has the money or manpower to inspect every truck???

The big 5 won. Yet another job that paid pretty damn well is going to disappear out of this country. The middle class take yet another shot in the back.

8. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

its all about cheap labor

9. Motor Head

Of course, it's all about cheap labor. As long as the 2% get theirs, it's all good.

10. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

I love how they just sneak mandatory electronic logs in there like it's nothing. I'm glad I don't have anything to do with this god forsaken business anymore.

11. CousinDave

Good stock buying opportunity

12. Motor Head

The electronic logs were the final swipe of the sword to remove competition. Gasp! Yes I know it's hard to believe that major corporations bribed the government to obliterate the little guy. Meantime, I'm dealing with truckers that are forced to drive at night or at odd hours because the e-log says they have to go. The flip side of that are trucks parked illegally on entry ramps to the interstate because the e-log said stop, and their is no place to park. If the driver violates the e-log he gets a few warnings, then is fired. His DAC is skewered and he won't get a job in trucking again.

Once the big 5 have used DAC to create a shortage of drivers that could risk shutting the country down, all rules on point to point freight concerning Mexican trucks will go out the window.

We will be Mexico in 40 years. I hope to be dead before I have to see 40 people living in the house next to me with chickens and donkeys in the backyard.

13. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

[​IMG]

14. Motor Head

Sure, until the families that own the big 5 dump the stock and start new companies based solely out of Mexico. Keep it privately held just like the 24+ super wealthy families that pretty much own Mexico.

15. CousinDave

Well like you said hopefully we'll be dead by then.

16. Motor Head

Maybe they will do a remake of Smokey and The Bandit.

Policia a' La Bandito!
    I can see it now, a piece of shit worn out truck running a load of methamphetamine from Laredo to NYC. The bandit driving a shiny black Honda Accord with a wing and a fart can out back. Sheriff Juan T. Myanus in hot pursit of the hero. Good times!

17. Joker1919

Joker1919 Registered User

It has already been made man, I seen it on Uni vision last night. I guess I better pack my bags and move to that third world shit hole because if the trucks go south so do the fuckers like myself that work on them.