Lanny Poffo discusses why Macho left WWF

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
He said Vince retired him too early & only wanted him announcing. Randy said he watched HBK at Mania X & told Vince he wanted to do a long program with him culminating in a match at mania that would blow away his match with Steamboat as well as the ladder match & put HBK over as "the guy".
Vince blew him off & Randy accepted WCW's offer

I am 100% with Savage on this one

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
He also admitted Johnny Ace contacted him to see if he would accept Randy to be in the HoF last year in Miami. He said that nobody from WWE ever called him to acknowledge that Randy died but now they want him to be in HoF after he died. Lanny said Randy told him that he only wanted to go in the HoF as a family (with Dad & Lanny) & Ace said no to that.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
He also admitted Johnny Ace contacted him to see if he would accept Randy to be in the HoF last year in Miami. He said that nobody from WWE ever called him to acknowledge that Randy died but now they want him to be in HoF after he died. Lanny said Randy told him that he only wanted to go in the HoF as a family (with Dad & Lanny) & Ace said no to that.
Because Lanny Poffo belongs in the Hall of Fame. He's like the Clint Howard of wrestling.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
If that's the case, fuck him. Have Steamboat induct Randy.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
If that's the case, fuck him. Have Steamboat induct Randy.
Inducting Randy is not the issue. It is who accepts for him.
The person who accepts for him should have the closest tie.
In Randy's case, bec he was a recluse it is Lanny
It wouldn't be as good if there was nobody emotionally attached to accept

This shoot is pretty wild
Lanny said Linda Hogan's book should have been titled "Confessions Of A Lying Cunt" :haha7:

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
But a jobber demanding induction in order to induct Randy is out of line. Steamboat would be fine.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Steamboat would be fine.
No it wouldn't
Steamboat is not even close with Savage or a friend
This is something Randy himself has said he wanted
Lanny as an individual performer should be nowhere near the HoF, but as The Poffo Family, WTF cares?
Not all the Von Erichs deserve it either & Randy has done way more for WWF/E

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
How delusional is Lanny to think he belongs in the HoF? Way to use youre brothers legacy to make something of yourself. Douche.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
How delusional is Lanny to think he belongs in the HoF? Way to use youre brothers legacy to make something of yourself. Douche.
Randy publicly stated that was what he wanted, this isn't something Lanny made up
I meant KokO B-Ware is in, who cares if they go in as a family
Its a night to celebrate history

If Randy never said it, I would agree on Lanny being a dick, but Randy's Mom even said Randy would be made at Lanny if he went against his wishes

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I still think it diminishes what Randy accomplished to lump him in with the Poffo family. They aren't the Von Erichs.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I still think it diminishes what Randy accomplished to lump him in with the Poffo family. They aren't the Von Erichs.
I agree, but it isn't like WWE did right by what Randy accomplished.
This is Randy saying F-U back maybe
He said it a few years before he passed that he wanted it this way
Maybe he went to Vince to reconcile & Vince said Fuck Off & Randy doesn't want them using his name without his family
Something happened 5 yrs ago to make Savage feel this way & if anybody is diminishing his career its Vince not his brother

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
In hindsight, Macho Man passing the torch to HBK seems like it would have been great for business and for getting HBK over at the time.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
In hindsight, Macho Man passing the torch to HBK seems like it would have been great for business and for getting HBK over at the time.
Vince said they were going towards a "youth movement" (WWF The New Generation)
Randy then called WCW & said he would take the offer
They are my favorite two performers & would have loved that

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I don't see why WWE couldn't package up the Poffo family. The HoF has Bob Uecker and Pete Rose in it for chrissakes Lanny Poffo isn't going to tarnish its reputation.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I don't see why WWE couldn't package up the Poffo family. The HoF has Bob Uecker and Pete Rose in it for chrissakes Lanny Poffo isn't going to tarnish its reputation.
Exactly, some people are forgetting its a WWE HoF
Truth be told Poffo was in more hi-profile matches than Koko & I am sure several others

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
The man is nuts
"answer my challenge, PUSSY" lol