Las Vegas UPDATE O&A Moving to Spike 1140 June 25 6AM-9AM

vegasbob

I hope that this will be better for the Bbbbbbbbboy's.

Opie & Anthony Moving from 107.5 FM to Spkie 1140 AM June 25, 2006

From www.spike1140.com website

"Opie & Anthony Weekdays 6am to 9am
Spread the Virus.... Beware, this is radio like you've never heard it before. Irreverent, hilarious, so good you won't want to stop listening. It's outrageous radio from Opie & Anthony, weekday mornings beginning at 6AM and continuing to 9AM. It's 3 hours of cringe radio at its finest."

Better Hours for the Bbbbbbbboy's & real Drive time.

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
what time slot did they have on the FM station?

And, they are now going to be on the same station as Leykis

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
That was the channel they were on when I moved here in 2002. It is alright for a AM station and Leykis gets preempted for Dodger games in the afternoon during the Summer quite often.

*edit* The worst part is AM stations don't come in worth a shit in the valley/desert here and that won't help ratings.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
I might be moving to vegas later in the year, would that help the ratings?

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
I might be moving to vegas later in the year, would that help the ratings?

Only if you stand outside the Las Vegas radio stations office with a smiley face mask on scratching your head.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
So this makes their new talk lineup: OnA 6-9, Local sports hosts 10-12, Don and Mike 12-4 and Leykis 4-who cares.

danny666

AM always sucks, but in Vegas they were on 10-1 PM with Adam Corrola as their lead-in. I think this could be the first market they are going against them head to head on CBS stations.

Mizzeaux

Are multiple Frrrrrrunkis called Frunkii?
Yeah, I'm not trying to polish a turd, but following Carolla in the morning on a radio station that's targeted to 18-35 wasn't the greatest.

AM stations here suck, but being closer to live is going to be great.

Xtra Krispy

I'm pretty pissed about the move myself. I drive around for my job and the majority of my time out is between 9:30 and 2:00 so I really liked the 10-1 schedule. Oh well. My alarm clock will now be tuned to 1140am when I wake up from now on. And I'm gonna have to purchase an inno to record the show so I can listen to that while I'm out and about.

That was another thing that pissed me off about them here is that I don't think they were given a proper chance. Especially with Hoo Hoo talking about 0.0, of course, they weren't a 6-10 morning show so the morning ratings wouldn't have counted for them anyway.

O&A are the best thing on any radio and I don't feel they were given a fair shot out here.

Rangers484

Chia Obama, WTF?

Wow, a whole year has passed already. How is the AM thingy going for the boys?

thekidslepthere

Wow, a whole year has passed already. How is the AM thingy going for the boys?
Going to morning drive on AM is most likely better than having a lead in that's been canceled in San Diego and Phoenix in the past week and was also bumped from FM to AM in San Fran.

I think this is a great test, if they can get their ratings higher than Carolla in the next couple months, you'd have to imagine he's done.

Go to Carolla's message board, they're running a death pool on The Adam Corolla morning show.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Just as I suspected. The reception sounds horrible (Las Vegas has the worst AM static in the world) and it is almost hard to listen to the boys with the distracting whine in the background.

Kurto2021

Certified Pest
Just as I suspected. The reception sounds horrible (Las Vegas has the worst AM static in the world) and it is almost hard to listen to the boys with the distracting whine in the background.
I don't know if this is true or not but I heard that they are broadcast on satellite radio as well

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
I don't know if this is true or not but I heard that they are broadcast on satellite radio as well

I will call your sarcasm and raise you the fact that I am sticking by my guns and not resubscribing to XM.

A

acejack

This sucks.

I have 3 XMs, so it's not really going to affect me, but I've recruited dozens of people who listened on 107.5 every day.

Do we know whose decision this was? Can we start harassing the local station to bring them back? I'm good for 5-10 calls a day. Maybe we could smash our terrestrial radios, or send truckloads of peanuts to XTM.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Good luck my Nevada bros. That fucking sucks. AM, ugh.

T

TwoDamage

I liked the old time slot much better as well, and the AM broadcast sounds like garbage.

The jock on 107.5 said that it was the boys idea to move to a better time slot on an AM station.

They should have just dumped Carolla and put the boys in his slot. Carolla used to be listenable until they added bonadouchebag.

Captain_Spaulding

MMA > NFL, NBA, MLB, etc...

"Opie & Anthony Weekdays 6am to 9am
Spread the Virus.... Beware, this is radio like you've never heard it before. Irreverent, hilarious, so good you won't want to stop listening. It's outrageous radio from Opie & Anthony, weekday mornings beginning at 6AM and continuing to 9AM. It's 3 hours of cringe radio at its finest."

Yeah, great, as in Clemens moving to a minor league team great. yech.

Captain_Spaulding

MMA > NFL, NBA, MLB, etc...
I will call your sarcasm and raise you the fact that I am sticking by my guns and not resubscribing to XM.
I didn't either, but that is because Audible gives me the same thing as my inno for less money: O&A whenever I want on my mp3 player and computer.

Top Bottom