Movie Last Movie You Watched Part 2

I took my kid to see Spiderman: Spiderverse. The putting down of the White man is in full effect. It wasn't bad enough that they kill Peter Parker in favor of a black-wetback spiderman, they make Peter a broken fat drunken slob after MJ left him. Of course, Black-wetback Spiderman has to save the day.
I also heard a rumor that the sequel will be a romance film between Miles and Spider-Gwen.

Also, another rumor is that Punisher season 2 will have an Alt-right conservative villain!

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
I also heard a rumor that the sequel will be a romance film between Miles and Spider-Gwen.

Also, another rumor is that Punisher season 2 will have an Alt-right conservative villain!

They set it up for the Black-Wetback and pasty white blonde chick to fuck

Sent from your Mom's box.

Bobobie

I liked Predators, the Alien Game Preserve where they dumped all the Mercs and hunted them. Eric Foreman and Piano Guy kind of sucked, but it was still a fun movie.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Death Ship, a 1980 Canadian/British horror about a haunted freighter prowling the Atlantic for victims. Had it taped off late night TV in the late 80s but it was rereleased on bluray recently with great bonus extras

click

Over The Edge. 1979 movie about bored teens in a planned community
doing what bored teens do. Kind of a cult classic. Mostly notable for
it's sound track and being Matt Dillon's first movie. I think it was one
of the first movies I watched on HBO back in the day.https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079688/

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Pick of the Litter - Documentary that follows 5 lab puppies from birth on their mission to become service dogs for the blind. My favorite movie of 2018 by far, although some might have mixed feelings because 2 of the lab pups are female, and 3 are black.

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before - Netflix getting a completely generic rom com kind of right makes this the best film they’ve ever made.

The Death of Stalin - Steve Buscemi plays Nikita Khrushchev. I don’t really know what they were going for with this movie but whatever it was, it missed for me.

Last edited:

Pigdango

Donator
Across The Bridge. (1957)- A wealthy businessman (Rod Steiger) attempts to run to Mexico to escape capture for embezzlement. On the way, he switches identities for a visa but that only complicates matters.

Solid movie that will pull on your heart strings if you're a dog lover. Steiger is great as his character finds himself in no-man's land. He can't go back home to the United States and because of a corrupt police official he finds himself trapped in a border town.

Agatha.- A fictional account of the real life, eleven day, never explained 1926 disappearance of famed murder mystery writer Agatha Christie. (Vanessa Redgrave)

The story is so good it made me wish if it was true. It co-stars Dustin Hoffman and Timothy Dalton. There is always something archaic looking about 1920's treatment facilities.

Hangover Square.- A promising classical musician (Laird Cregar) finds his life poisoned by a music hall dancer (Linda Darnell) -- and by the strange gaps in his memory.

Another outstanding movie from director John Brahm and a great performance by Cregar. As always its a pleasure to see Linda Darnell in action. Oh and the climax, talk about going out in a blaze of glory.

The following two movies I shamelessly cribbed from @Hog's Big Ben's list:

Mirage.- A New York man (Gregory Peck) suffers amnesia. He soon learns that he's mixed up in a life-and-death situation, but what exactly is it?

It really was a wise decision to shoot this in black and white. Another fantastic entry on Edward Dmytryk's resume.

My Name is Julia Ross.- Julia Ross (Nina Foch) secures employment, through a rather nosy employment agency, with a wealthy widow, Mrs. Hughes (Dame May Whitty), and goes to live at her house. 2 days later, she awakens - in a different house.

Once again, how can a 65 minute movie be this good.
I watched Agatha and your post confuses me, as neither Dustin Hoffman or Timothy Dalton were in it. I did enjoy the movie though. Ruth Bradley is a very handsome woman.

Thoroughbreds - some interesting things happen, but they all happen offscreen while we are treated to well over an hour of scenes of people walking down hallways. Anna Taylor Joy made the most of a 30 page script turned into a feature. Olivia Cooke...did not. I wonder if Yelchin died during filming and they replaced all the scenes he was supposed to be in with the hallway shots

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Shit I watched while the board was AIDSy

Unfriended: Dark Web (2018). Dude starts screwing around on the used laptop he just got and winds up getting himself and his Skype friends involved in the previous owner's heinous dark web activity. I guess "Unfriended" is an anthology series since this has nothing to do with the original. This was quite entertaining, even though the main gist of the endings (there's four - all good) kinda reek of 2016's Nerve.

Searching (2018). This is the king of the "it all takes place on-screen" movies. It's solid enough to have worked 20 years ago without all the technology, but if you're telling the story of a dad whose high school daughter vanishes, most of the searching is gonna be online just like how this plays out. It helps that all the OSes, apps, and websites are the real deal. John Cho is great acting alone into a camera through most of the movie, and the cheats when the action needs to be elsewhere are clever.

Pigdango

Donator
The Party - a bunch of people who have been in a bunch of movies you’ve seen gather for a dinner party. Probably my favorite kind of movie. This one tries a little too hard to be a lot deeper and smarter than it was, but the actors wring everything they can out of it. A short, fun watch.

Pigdango

Donator
Nancy - A lonely, mentally deranged woman tries to convince a couple that she is their daughter who has been missing for the last 30 years. Steve Buscemi’s interesting career gets more interesting, as his casting here was the best piece of casting of the year. And of course as I mentioned above, he was also cast as Nikita Khrushchev in what was the worst casting of all time.

Pigdango

Donator
Blockers - Leslie Mann doesn’t even need digital de-aging. The movie was ok, although I think they missed some opportunities. Not Vince Vaughn Vince Vaughning through the whole thing kind of made me miss Vince Vaughn a little bit.

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
Pick of the Litter - Documentary that follows 5 lab puppies from birth on their mission to become service dogs for the blind. My favorite movie of 2018 by far, although some might have mixed feelings because 2 of the lab pups are female, and 3 are black.

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before - Netflix getting a completely generic rom com kind of right makes this the best film they’ve ever made.

The Death of Stalin - Steve Buscemi plays Nikita Khrushchev. I don’t really know what they were going for with this movie but whatever it was, it missed for me.
I quite liked Death of Stalin, but I like the writer/director. It was similar to his last movie In the Loop - the spinnish off of The Thick of It - where it begins farcical and devolves into almost serious destructiveness.

LiddyRules

Shit I watched while the board was AIDSy

Unfriended: Dark Web (2018). Dude starts screwing around on the used laptop he just got and winds up getting himself and his Skype friends involved in the previous owner's heinous dark web activity. I guess "Unfriended" is an anthology series since this has nothing to do with the original. This was quite entertaining, even though the main gist of the endings (there's four - all good) kinda reek of 2016's Nerve.

Searching (2018). This is the king of the "it all takes place on-screen" movies. It's solid enough to have worked 20 years ago without all the technology, but if you're telling the story of a dad whose high school daughter vanishes, most of the searching is gonna be online just like how this plays out. It helps that all the OSes, apps, and websites are the real deal. John Cho is great acting alone into a camera through most of the movie, and the cheats when the action needs to be elsewhere are clever.
I saw Searching. I too liked how they handled the "gimmick" and Cho's acting was quite good.

I did think the twist was a bit much though. And in an example of how HitW interferes with my regular life, when they began the Twist Portion and it turned out that the Stock Photo for FunerStream was the stock photo used to talk to Cho's daughter, my first thought was "Of course! FunerStream is befriending people online and murdering them to enhance traffic to their site!"

Then I snuck into Mile 22, which is the second worst movie of the year.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Death Of Stalin was not good. I didn't see the comedy in it at all. It was terribly boring.

The Foriegner- an aging Jackie Chan in a somewhat different role playing the grieving Father who lost his only child to a IRA terrorist attack that seeks answers and revenge from Pirece Bronson who too looks visibly aged but, puts forth a solid performance

Sent from your Mom's box.

Bad Times at the El Royale. I loved it. Surprised I haven't seen more people talk about it. Super super solid movie.

@LiddyRules

Also watched Venom and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and thought both were cliche-ridden garbage.

LiddyRules

Bad Times at the El Royale. I loved it. Surprised I haven't seen more people talk about it. Super super solid movie.

@LiddyRules

Also watched Venom and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and thought both were cliche-ridden garbage.
I liked Bad Times, but thought it lost some steam after Thor shows up. Though it's the first time I 'got' 50 Shades. And Shea Whigham really shows up in everything, which is why it was great seeing him get a weightier role in Homecoming.

Did you not have any fun at all with JW or Venom? Won't read my comments? Join the HitW?

I liked Bad Times, but thought it lost some steam after Thor shows up. Though it's the first time I 'got' 50 Shades. And Shea Whigham really shows up in everything, which is why it was great seeing him get a weightier role in Homecoming.

Did you not have any fun at all with JW or Venom? Won't read my comments? Join the HitW?
I understand what you're saying about Hemsworth but I enjoy that thing they do in storytelling where right as everything is coming to a head, something new comes in and completely throws everything out of whack.