Movie Last Movie You Watched Part 2

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Some say close minded, some say discerning.
There’s really not a lot of difference in this context.

Take 100 random movies across all genres. You are likely to only watch maybe 20, and are likely to enjoy...10?

So if you’re only enjoying films at a 50% clip, are you really that discerning?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
There’s really not a lot of difference in this context.

Take 100 random movies across all genres. You are likely to only watch maybe 20, and are likely to enjoy...10?

So if you’re only enjoying films at a 50% clip, are you really that discerning?
I'm honestly not seeing your point.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Using discerning in this context implies that you only ever watch movies that are good/you enjoy. You don’t.
If you look at my history over the past few years in this thread, you might be surprised.

But besides that, you'd have to make the assumption I only choose movies I think I'm going to enjoy. That's definitely not the case.

Pigdango

Donator
If you look at my history over the past few years in this thread, you might be surprised.

But besides that, you'd have to make the assumption I only choose movies I think I'm going to enjoy. That's definitely not the case.

Pigdango

Donator
You Were Never Really Here - Joaquin Phoenix stars in a Q fantasy about a man with a certain set of skills out to rescue the Lt Governor’s daughter from a sex trafficking ring run by...The Governor.

In spite of the absurd plot, there were a couple of amazing things about the movie. First, I really enjoyed the score. Second, Phoenix kills a ton of people with a ball peen hammer without ever getting a drop of blood on him. That’s tough to do.

Wait, he does get some blood on him when he gets shot in the face and removes the bullet with a pair of pliers.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
You Were Never Really Here - Joaquin Phoenix stars in a Q fantasy about a man with a certain set of skills out to rescue the Lt Governor’s daughter from a sex trafficking ring run by...The Governor.

In spite of the absurd plot, there were a couple of amazing things about the movie. First, I really enjoyed the score. Second, Phoenix kills a ton of people with a ball peen hammer without ever getting a drop of blood on him. That’s tough to do.

Wait, he does get some blood on him when he gets shot in the face and removes the bullet with a pair of pliers.

I'm going to try and watch this tonight.

I assume you weren't a fan?

Pigdango

Donator
I'm going to try and watch this tonight.

I assume you weren't a fan?
It was fine, it was just really hard to look past the plot after goofing around in the Q thread this afternoon. It felt like one of those things you could get away with in a Clint Eastwood movie from the 90’s, but just seems silly now.

Sorry if I spoiled the movie, but I don’t think the story is the appeal here.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator

I initially thought it was poorly done. It wasn't. It was well acted, well shot, and the score was interesting although certain spots didn't quite fit. That would typically be enough but I still didn't like it. It bored me to death.

Pigdango

Donator
I initially thought it was poorly done. It wasn't. It was well acted, well shot, and the score was interesting although certain spots didn't quite fit. That would typically be enough but I still didn't like it. It bored me to death.
For a movie about a man not afraid of violence, it really seemed to be afraid of violence. Most of it happened off camera or through a filter like the security cam.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Murder on the Orient Express
Yoga Hosers
Black Mass
I didn't see the first 2. Black mass was so disappointing 2/10

If you want to see a good movie about the Irish mob check out Kill the Irishman. Based on a true story.
7/10

Sent from your Mom's box.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Bohemian Rhapsody (2018). This bugged me as soon as the 20th Century Fox fanfare played using Brian May guitar harmonies. Everything about it feels so contrived. Why does Freddie swing his microphone around with the stand? Because at his very first live gig, he couldn't figure out how to remove it. The record executive who boldly states "Bohemian Rhapsody will never be played on the radio!" is played by Mike Myers. Ugh. What a pile of suck. The guy who played Brian was fantastic. Rami Malek was okay except for the poorly lip-synced singing scenes. Just watch a Queen concert instead. It's not like they're rare.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Bohemian Rhapsody (2018). This bugged me as soon as the 20th Century Fox fanfare played using Brian May guitar harmonies. Everything about it feels so contrived. Why does Freddie swing his microphone around with the stand? Because at his very first live gig, he couldn't figure out how to remove it. The record executive who boldly states "Bohemian Rhapsody will never be played on the radio!" is played by Mike Myers. Ugh. What a pile of suck. The guy who played Brian was fantastic. Rami Malek was okay except for the poorly lip-synced singing scenes. Just watch a Queen concert instead. It's not like they're rare.

LiddyRules

Inside Llewyn Davis - For as much as I love the Coen Brothers, of all their movies, this is the one that most emotionally connects with me.

DiggerNick

Donator
Earlier on I compared it to the VH1 Def Leppard biopic. Seriously, watch that and tell me that BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY isn't just a much more expensive, slicker version of that.

Shit like the scene in the Def Leppard one where they fire their original guitarist and are sitting at a bar going like "What are we going to do? How are we going to find another guitar player...?" and they suddenly stop as they hear someone shredding in stage behind them. They turn around and it's Phil Collen.

BOHEMIAN RPHAPSODY is not above bullshit like that.

LiddyRules

Earlier on I compared it to the VH1 Def Leppard biopic. Seriously, watch that and tell me that BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY isn't just a much more expensive, slicker version of that.

Shit like the scene in the Def Leppard one where they fire their original guitarist and are sitting at a bar going like "What are we going to do? How are we going to find another guitar player...?" and they suddenly stop as they hear someone shredding in stage behind them. They turn around and it's Phil Collen.
The guy from Genesis with the cray hot daughter?