Movie Last Movie You Watched Part 2

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Wouldn't that be like asking if you're Spiderman?
I assume you meant Iron Man, and yes I am a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist.

Those movies connect with me because I loved those characters as a kid. So perhaps Liddy loved folk music as a kid?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I assume you meant Iron Man, and yes I am a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist.

Those movies connect with me because I loved those characters as a kid. So perhaps Liddy loved folk music as a kid?
Why so uptight tonight?

Pigdango

Donator
I don’t even know what a philanthropist is. Does giving shit to charity count?

I tried to give a bunch of my crap away to the Vietnam Vets, but they wouldn’t take it. :(

DiggerNick

Donator
Watched ROUGH NIGHT just to critique Kate McKinnon's Australian accent.

Barring a few missteps on some of the a's it was very good. In fact, it may be the best attempt I've yet heard from a foreign actor. The Aussie accent is notoriously impossible.

And Not-Rebel-Wilson is as funny a cot death. Why is she in so much? She needs to commit to more fatness or just go away.

Last edited:

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Watch Polar on Netflix with Maaaaaaaads MIkllklklkeelkelkeson as a soon to retire assassin.
Pretty enjoyable, would recommend.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job

I don't... am I supposed to respond to this?

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Earlier on I compared it to the VH1 Def Leppard biopic. Seriously, watch that and tell me that BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY isn't just a much more expensive, slicker version of that.

Shit like the scene in the Def Leppard one where they fire their original guitarist and are sitting at a bar going like "What are we going to do? How are we going to find another guitar player...?" and they suddenly stop as they hear someone shredding in stage behind them. They turn around and it's Phil Collen.

BOHEMIAN RPHAPSODY is not above bullshit like that.
I haven't seen that, but that's exactly how this feels. There's a pat little story behind everything that wraps it up in a bow.

Brian, in the studio: I wanna give the audience a song that they can perform!
Everyone Else, on a drum riser: [STOMP-STOMP-CLAP]
Freddie: What's the lyric?
[CUT TO WE WILL ROCK YOU]

Best fucking picture Jesus goddamn Christ...

LiddyRules

I haven't seen that, but that's exactly how this feels. There's a pat little story behind everything that wraps it up in a bow.

Sounds like everything I dislike about musical biopics. Though I wished they expressed the entirety of Bohemian Rhapsody in dialogue.

"Oi, mate! Our success is out of control! Sometimes, I'm like 'is this real life? is this a fantasy.'!"
"When I was a wee mate going to church on Sundays, I'd listen to the pastor up there preachin' and pontificatin' about fire and brimstone, and all I could think was 'Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me. For me.' "

LiddyRules

When it comes to Oscar movies, here's what's at the top of my list to see: "If Beale Street Could Talk" and "Green Book." I might see one of them in the next couple of days so let me know your preference.

However, I did notice BR is now On Demand -- is it worth going through just to go through?

Because I do think it has a strong chance at Best Picture. It's not going to be Roma. Putting quality discussion - because it's really not that much better/worse than most of the other nominees - it has a couple of things against it. 1) Netflix bias. 2) It's not the image the Oscars wants to paint for themselves; they either want to be woke or populist and Roma is neither.

If it's between Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody, which are the two most likely frontrunners, I think it depends on the breakdown between older voters and younger ones. Because older people would prefer Green Book (kind of like how Driving Miss Daisy won) and ignore the controversies surrounding it while younger people might go for the "hipper" tale.

And then we'll have that crappy Elton John biopic to deal with.

Pigdango

Donator
When it comes to Oscar movies, here's what's at the top of my list to see: "If Beale Street Could Talk" and "Green Book." I might see one of them in the next couple of days so let me know your preference.

However, I did notice BR is now On Demand -- is it worth going through just to go through?

Because I do think it has a strong chance at Best Picture. It's not going to be Roma. Putting quality discussion - because it's really not that much better/worse than most of the other nominees - it has a couple of things against it. 1) Netflix bias. 2) It's not the image the Oscars wants to paint for themselves; they either want to be woke or populist and Roma is neither.

If it's between Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody, which are the two most likely frontrunners, I think it depends on the breakdown between older voters and younger ones. Because older people would prefer Green Book (kind of like how Driving Miss Daisy won) and ignore the controversies surrounding it while younger people might go for the "hipper" tale.

And then we'll have that crappy Elton John biopic to deal with.
Beale Street got no noms. I think it was widely considered the biggest snub.

LiddyRules

Beale Street got no noms. I think it was widely considered the biggest snub.
I thought Regina King was nominated. I know that's not "major," but it's something. I did see a lot of hype surrounding it though so that's why I put it on my Oscar list and not something like Whatever That Thing Glenn Close Was In.

And Cold War. I need to see that too.

Pigdango

Donator
I thought Regina King was nominated. I know that's not "major," but it's something. I did see a lot of hype surrounding it though so that's why I put it on my Oscar list and not something like Whatever That Thing Glenn Close Was In.

And Cold War. I need to see that too.
Let me know if Bona shows her tits in it.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Aquaman.

I'm 10 minutes in, and this is difficult to watch. The CGI is early 2000's. There's nothing to be invested in for story. It's pretty dull.

Paging @Pigdango . I'm unsure if this one has been a HitW, but I've a nominee if it hasn't been already. It's so bad.

Pigdango

Donator
Aquaman.

I'm 10 minutes in, and this is difficult to watch. The CGI is early 2000's. There's nothing to be invested in for story. It's pretty dull.

Paging @Pigdango . I'm unsure if this one has been a HitW, but I've a nominee if it hasn't been already. It's so bad.
I don’t see Aquaman as a HitW candidate. It’s really long for starters.