Movie Last Movie You Watched Part 2

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
I think those dick-sucking lips are natural. Not that I've been following her since she was an adolescent or anything. Because that would be wrong and creepy.
Would require research I'm wholly uninterested in doing. Chicks are into goofy shit like needles to lips and using caulking to their eyelashes to put on more eyelashes. If something looks near perfect, it's probably fake as fake could be. Not that she's unworthy of banging 7 ways to sunday. Just talking in general.

DiggerNick

Donator
She looks like her old man, who is some hair band dude. But she has her mother's eyes.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I put off Bone Tomahawk and Brawl In Cell Block 99 for some ungodly reason, but finally saw the light. Now I'm not sure Dragged Across Concrete will hold up, Cell Block did not compare to Tomahawk nearly as well, but I'm on board.

Also caught Hereditary, which being a Toni Collette film is hard now due to how haggard she looks compared to Clockwatchers/Sixth Sense where she was hot. Other than just a couple tropes, that was surprisingly fresh, and really should have got Collette an Oscar nod. She really explored her character.

Incidentally, how Richard Jenkins didn't get a nom for Bone Tomahawk back in '16 is criminal. It was such a better performance than in Shape Of Water.

Going back to the discussion about 1960s' comedies, a Billy Wilder double feature:

One, Two, Three.- In West Berlin during the Cold War, a Coca-Cola executive (James Cagney) is given the task of taking care of his boss' socialite daughter (Pamela Tiffin).

The Fortune Cookie.- A crooked lawyer (Walter Matthau) persuades his brother-in-law (Jack Lemon) to feign a serious injury.

Both movies are pretty good. One, Two Three, is quick paced. Especially during the second half where Cagney is delivering his lines so fast, he wound up quitting Hollywood after this film. The Fortune Cookie features the first on screen collaboration between Matthau and Lemon and you could see why they went on to appear in several films together. I never thought I would enjoy a movie where the plot revolved around the Cleveland Browns.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Roma - I must have been in the wrong mood the first time I watched it because the second time, I thought it was great. I'm not sure what happened, but I was really into it this go around and genuinely appreciating a lot of the background details and use of long takes. Despite it being the only Best Picture nominee I've seen more than once, I think I'd rather rewatch this one again than any of the others a second time. So in conclusion, ranking the Best Picture nominees

Roma
A Star is Born
Green Book
The Favourite
Blackkklansman
Vice
Black Panther
Bohemian Rhapsody - with this being the only genuinely bad movie in the bunch. How it got sound editing and mixing over First Man is bs.

I also saw Can You Ever Forgive Me? and this was really good too. McCarthy and Grant do fine jobs.

Now I think I'm going to go back to older movies. The original Star Is Born is on Prime. I got The Great Lie off Netflix. I'm sure I have things from the pre-50s on my DVR.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Roma - I must have been in the wrong mood the first time I watched it because the second time, I thought it was great. I'm not sure what happened, but I was really into it this go around and genuinely appreciating a lot of the background details and use of long takes. Despite it being the only Best Picture nominee I've seen more than once, I think I'd rather rewatch this one again than any of the others a second time. So in conclusion, ranking the Best Picture nominees

Roma
A Star is Born
Green Book
The Favourite
Blackkklansman
Vice
Black Panther
Bohemian Rhapsody - with this being the only genuinely bad movie in the bunch. How it got sound editing and mixing over First Man is bs.

I also saw Can You Ever Forgive Me? and this was really good too. McCarthy and Grant do fine jobs.

Now I think I'm going to go back to older movies. The original Star Is Born is on Prime. I got The Great Lie off Netflix. I'm sure I have things from the pre-50s on my DVR.
All this time you’ve been yelling at me for not liking Black Panther enough - you must have REALLY hated it.

LiddyRules

All this time you’ve been yelling at me for not liking Black Panther enough - you must have REALLY hated it.
Klansman, Vice, and Panther were all varying degrees of "fine" with Panther being the one I least took things from. Though I am really glad it won Best Costume Design because I've wanted a comic book movie to win that award for years.

Klansman, Vice, and Panther were all varying degrees of "fine" with Panther being the one I least took things from. Though I am really glad it won Best Costume Design because I've wanted a comic book movie to win that award for years.
The funniest thing about Vice was how much the filmmakers still hate Dick Cheney after all these years. Bale was good though.

Having said that, I think I might actually like it best out of those three. BP's a close second, BKKK is...meh.

I watched the 1954 version of A Star Is Born awhile back. Although its a bit long, I thought Judy Garland and James Mason were great in it. Eventually I will get around to seeing the 1937 and 2018 ones. But I have no interest in seeing the 1976 version.

Speaking of James Mason I watched him in Nicholas Ray's Bigger Than Life last night. He plays a seriously ill schoolteacher who becomes dependent on a miracle drug that begins to affect his sanity. That miracle drug, cortisone.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Currently watching Predators. I actually really enjoy this one. It's early the second best out of any of them.

Pigdango

Donator
Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Melissa McCarthy stars as a fat, caustic, grumpy old woman whose better days are behind her, but rejuvenates her career by impersonating dead authors.

McCarthy does a good job I guess, but I felt like there was an opportunity to do something more with this material - Make the letter writing process more creative and fantastical and make that more the centerpiece of the movie. The jig was up and there was still half the movie to go and they started doing weird things like introducing this ex friend/girlfriend who hadn’t been referenced at all. And there was a throwaway Nora Ephron joke in the first half of the movie that made the recap at the end of the film for some reason.

Some good performances in service of a pretty poorly directed movie in my opinion.

Pigdango

Donator
Bachelorette - I have never seen Kirsten Dunst look or act so incredibly sexy, and she STILL ends up as the Kill in the FMK with her costars. Her costars being Isla Fisher as a drunk/stoned slut and Lizzy Caplan as a woman who opens the film giving a dissertation on blow jobs.

For the record - F Caplan, M Fisher, K Dunst, which is a shame.

Bachelorette - I have never seen Kirsten Dunst look or act so incredibly sexy, and she STILL ends up as the Kill in the FMK with her costars. Her costars being Isla Fisher as a drunk/stoned slut and Lizzy Caplan as a woman who opens the film giving a dissertation on blow jobs.

That's how I would have it.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator

This is one of those complete head scratchers for me. Not the FMK, the movie selection. It might be the last movie on earth I'd watch. Unless it was a Mrs. P selection, then I get it I suppose.

Pigdango

Donator
This is one of those complete head scratchers for me. Not the FMK, the movie selection. It might be the last movie on earth I'd watch. Unless it was a Mrs. P selection, then I get it I suppose.
I looked up “funniest movies on Netflix” and watched the first one that sounded interesting. It was an alphabetical list. The only movies above it were Baby Mama (no.) and American Pie and Animal House, which I’ve seen. I guess I could have skipped it and watched Ballad of Buster Scruggs, but that looks awful.

I also watched Masterminds. I have never seen Kristin Wiig look or act more sexy, and she easily wins the FMK against Kate McKinnon and Zack Galifianakis. The movie is based on a true story, and it appears as if they shot it without a script, just telling the actors what happens and telling them to “make it funny.”

They didn’t.

LiddyRules

I looked up “funniest movies on Netflix” and watched the first one that sounded interesting. It was an alphabetical list. The only movies above it were Baby Mama (no.) and American Pie and Animal House, which I’ve seen. I guess I could have skipped it and watched Ballad of Buster Scruggs, but that looks awful.

I also watched Masterminds. I have never seen Kristin Wiig look or act more sexy, and she easily wins the FMK against Kate McKinnon and Zack Galifianakis. The movie is based on a true story, and it appears as if they shot it without a script, just telling the actors what happens and telling them to “make it funny.”

They didn’t.
Masterminds - oof. It had the quality of a movie a bunch of people decided to make for the hell of it over a long weekend. Yet still worse.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator

They didn’t.
Said without irony...I thought about watching Buster Scruggs, but fuck that, I'll watch Bachelorette.

I give you Pigdango. I'll give you this, you got some balls on you.

By the way, you really fucked up. The first Buster story is the greatest thing in years. If you wanna trash the rest of it, fine.

LiddyRules

Said without irony...I thought about watching Buster Scruggs, but fuck that, I'll watch Bachelorette.

By the way, you really fucked up. The first Buster story is the greatest thing in years. If you wanna trash the rest of it, fine.
I like how the comedy selection on Netflix is so bad, the best comedy on the list is like 70% not a comedy.

I also watched the first two episodes of Patriot. And thought they were great. It has that vibe of weird/depressed I really like.

Pigdango

Donator

I don’t want to trash any of it. I’m only going off the Netflix auto play trailer that shows The Leader singing. I only watched a few seconds of it, but it looked strange and gay and weird. Like a gayer version of that Tom Berenger singing cowboy movie.

Bachelorette wasn’t good, but it had its moments, and like I said, was more appealing to my hetero sensibilities.

I agree that the first story was the best in Buster Scruggs, but I remember liking all of them to different degrees.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I don’t want to trash any of it. I’m only going off the Netflix auto play trailer that shows The Leader singing. I only watched a few seconds of it, but it looked strange and gay and weird. Like a gayer version of that Tom Berenger singing cowboy movie.

Bachelorette wasn’t good, but it had its moments, and like I said, was more appealing to my hetero sensibilities.
Said without irony...Buster=gay Bachelorette=not gay.

What the fuck is going on today? One of us has completely lost perspective and I don't think it is me.

Pigdango

Donator
There's plenty more where that came from.
I watched the first episode. It was weird and funny. His wife is hot. I don’t think my wife was feeling it so I will watch the rest when she’s not around.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I watched the first episode. It was weird and funny. His wife is hot. I don’t think my wife was feeling it so I will watch the rest when she’s not around.
The good is as good as anything. But there is bad too, which is weird given how high the highs are. I have a feeling you will focus more on the lows, which I actually wouldn't blame you for. Some of it bothered me. If not for those parts, you would hate me, because I would be talking it up 100 times more than the Leftovers.