Movie Last Movie You Watched Part 2

Said without irony...Buster=gay Bachelorette=not gay.

What the fuck is going on today? One of us has completely lost perspective and I don't think it is me.
It's the fat girl that's getting married, not the other girls! And they drink! LOL!!

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Said without irony...Buster=gay Bachelorette=not gay.

What the fuck is going on today? One of us has completely lost perspective and I don't think it is me.
Said without irony: of course it’s you!!! It’s alwsys you! Especially if you think this doesn’t look gay:

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Said without irony: of course it’s you!!! It’s alwsys you! Especially if you think this doesn’t look gay:
I get it since you haven't seen it. It does look a little gay. But even it does look gay, Bachelorette can't be your counter. I'd understand if you were like, "Fuck gay ass Buster Scruggs nigga, I'm watching Bone Tomahawk." Okay, fine. But "fuck gay ass Buster, I'm watching...Bachelorette...by choice." Nah, you don't admit that shit in public, you take that to the grave.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
It's the fat girl that's getting married, not the other girls! And they drink! LOL!!
The plot of the movie is that the fat bride’s hot friends who called her “pig face” in high school get together after the bachelorette party. One of them has the bride’s dress because she’s planning the wedding, and they decide to see if two of them can get into it. Hilarity ensues. Regardless of how hilarious (or not) the ensuing hilarity was,

- Calling Rebel Wilson pig face is fucking funny.

- Kirsten Dunst and Isla Fisher wearing Rebel Wilson’s dress at the same time is fucking funny.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
I don’t want to trash any of it. I’m only going off the Netflix auto play trailer that shows The Leader singing. I only watched a few seconds of it, but it looked strange and gay and weird. Like a gayer version of that Tom Berenger singing cowboy movie.

Bachelorette wasn’t good, but it had its moments, and like I said, was more appealing to my hetero sensibilities.
But Buster is a Western, the most hetero genre there is.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Rebel Wilson was decent in Isn't It Romantic, which was 99% garbage. And she is starring in a Dirty Rotten Scoundrels remake with her as Steve Martin and Anne Hathaway as Martin Caine.

Adam Devine was in Isn't It Romantic (he also co-starred with Wilson in the Pitch Perfect movies), and I can't put my finger on him. I don't actively dislike him (as in there are some people you can't stand to see in things), but I certainly don't like him. It feels like I should like him, but he doesn't work for me at all. It's like they keep casting him because he's non-threatening; he's attractively unattractive so he ought to appeal to both dudes and ladies.

What are your thoughts on Adam Devine everyone? He's in those Taco Bell delivery commercials and Workaholics.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Rebel Wilson was decent in Isn't It Romantic, which was 99% garbage. And she is starring in a Dirty Rotten Scoundrels remake with her as Steve Martin and Anne Hathaway as Martin Caine.

Adam Devine was in Isn't It Romantic (he also co-starred with Wilson in the Pitch Perfect movies), and I can't put my finger on him. I don't actively dislike him (as in there are some people you can't stand to see in things), but I certainly don't like him. It feels like I should like him, but he doesn't work for me at all. It's like they keep casting him because he's non-threatening; he's attractively unattractive so he ought to appeal to both dudes and ladies.

What are your thoughts on Adam Devine everyone? He's in those Taco Bell delivery commercials and Workaholics.
For me, it feels like I shouldn't like him but I don't hate him. I don't like him either.

Last time I saw Anne Hathaway she was a 5. If she continued the downward trajectory, she should be like a 2 now. If Rebel cleans herself a bit, she could be the more attractive of the two. The original, DRS, is a decent flick.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
For me, it feels like I shouldn't like him but I don't hate him. I don't like him either.

Last time I saw Anne Hathaway she was a 5. If she continued the downward trajectory, she should be like a 2 now. If Rebel cleans herself a bit, she could be the more attractive of the two. The original, DRS, is a decent flick.
I re-watched DRS recently and it's still funny. Michael Caine is fantastic in it.

I still think Anne Hathaway's got it, but she's easily in my top 5 all time so that might skew the results. The only other person I can immediately think of who would be in that horribly misogynistic list is Kristen Bell.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I re-watched DRS recently and it's still funny. Michael Caine is fantastic in it.

I still think Anne Hathaway's got it, but she's easily in my top 5 all time so that might skew the results. The only other person I can immediately think of who would be in that horribly misogynistic list is Kristen Bell.
Id suggest not watching Interstellar again.

Adam Devine looks like he was born with Down Syndrome but it didn't completely stick.

I thought he was good when he was in Modern Family. He also seemed to be the least hateable out of the four leads in Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates.

But there was something that I saw during HBO's coming soon trailer that he is starring in and it may peak our collective interests. Its called The Righteous Gemstones and it stars John Goodman and Danny Mcbride.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I thought he was good when he was in Modern Family. He also seemed to be the least hateable out of the four leads in Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates.

But there was something that I saw during HBO's coming soon trailer that he is starring in and it may peak our collective interests. Its called The Righteous Gemstones and it stars John Goodman and Danny Mcbride.
You had me at Goodman and McBride.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator

Caine was fantastic. Who do you like for the lead roles today if they were males? Can you think of any better female fits than Wilson and Hathaway?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Also, was Steve Martin good in anything? I mean, he was okay in stuff, like The Jerk, but would it have been better with someone who was actually funny?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
The first story in the movie is 15 minutes long and you guys have been discussing watching it for two pages. Just watch it and then decide how gay it actually is.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
The first story in the movie is 15 minutes long and you guys have been discussing watching it for two pages. Just watch it and then decide how gay it actually is.
I thought about mentioning that but Pigs take on it is going to be odd enough that I'd regret it. Better to just argue about it unseen.

Plus, he said he had it on for a minute then turned it off. If you can turn off Buster singing to Ol' Dan, you are a terrible person.

Also, was Steve Martin good in anything? I mean, he was okay in stuff, like The Jerk, but would it have been better with someone who was actually funny?
I can't imagine anyone else as The Jerk And nobody's buying Eddie Murphy as Father of the Bride.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I can't imagine anyone else as The Jerk And nobody's buying Eddie Murphy as Father of the Bride.
It is hard to imagine anyone else in The Jerk role. Best name I have so far is Gene Wilder. He's a better actor and funnier and has the right style, I think.

Maybe. I'm not sure that sounds better to me. I think Wilder works better as The Man With Two Brains.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
It is hard to imagine anyone else in The Jerk role. Best name I have so far is Gene Wilder. He's a better actor and funnier and has the right style, I think.
I disagree. I don't think Wilder would have the same wide eyed naivete as Martin, which is the only way the character works.

Speaking of which, I rewatched The Jerk lately and I wonder how much the character of Navin R. Johnson "inspired" Kimmy Schmidt. It's not that the character is a copy (it isn't), but there's something about the vibe and some of the mannerisms that run similar more than the picaresque surface elements.