Movie Last Movie You Watched Part 2

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Prospect - A girl and her greedy father land on a planet as prospectors in a space gold rush for what looks to be alien plant diamonds? I don't understand what it is but it's valuable I guess. The girl in the film was a very capable actress. Sophie Thatcher is her name. I've never seen get before but won't be surprised to see her again very soon. Pedro Pascal is the villan, or is he, and does a terrific job as a man truly lost in space. I don't care for how anything is explained in the film however the sounds of space travel was really great in the beginning and a you really felt an interesting sense of what the future might be like when space gives opportunity to the average man in search of a fortune. One other thing I loved was the music. There isn't much of it but it's great.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Teen Titans Go ...to the Movies!

I think I liked that better than any of the Marvel movies I've seen.

Howdy!

I saw the movie before watching any of the series, and I've been making my way through the series since.

Really bizarre. And darker than I expected.

And darker than I expected.
When they go back in time and kill Aquaman with soda can rings and stuff jewels in Batman's parents pockets before kicking them into "crime alley" to die I laughed pretty damn hard.

My favorite thing about the TV show is Robin's slow decent into self centered madness.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
When they go back in time and kill Aquaman with soda can rings and stuff jewels in Batman's parents pockets before kicking them into "crime alley" to die I laughed pretty damn hard.

My favorite thing about the TV show is Robin's slow decent into self centered madness.
I don't know who anything is for. It's clearly light and colorful, but the references are for our demo and Robin is a lunatic. But I get you don't understand it, Old Man.

I don't know who anything is for. It's clearly light and colorful, but the references are for our demo and Robin is a lunatic. But I get you don't understand it, Old Man.

Stop bullying me!

Mr Freeze Ice Cream. The references are great indeed.

The movies try to keep things slightly realistic and make it more sensible to general audiences, which is why I find them off putting. Teen Titans wants the colorful costumes and all the other stupid bullshit to be embraced fully. Invisible jet? Then it must have an invisible toilet! Fart and poop jokes here we come.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Stop bullying me!

Mr Freeze Ice Cream. The references are great indeed.

The movies try to keep things slightly realistic and make it more sensible to general audiences, which is why I find them off putting. Teen Titans wants the colorful costumes and all the other stupid bullshit to be embraced fully. Invisible jet? Then it must have an invisible toilet!
The weird relationship between Batman and Commissioner Gordon is haunting.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
The Spiderverse movie was fantastic.

Stan & Ollie left me fucking depressed.

Gold.- During the 1980s', Kenny Wells, (Matthew McConaughey) a prospector desperate for a lucky break, teams up with a similarly eager geologist (Edgar Ramirez) and sets off on a journey to find gold in the uncharted jungle of Indonesia.

It was quite good. Which is surprising considering it had been in development since 2011. At one point, first Micheal Mann and then Spike Lee were attached to to direct it. I also thought the story was more interesting than some of the other true crime stories that have been released over the past few years. This was the first time that I have seen Bryce Dallas Howard in a movie. I don't know if it was the clothes she was wearing or what, but I didn't realize she had an ass on her.

The Girl in the Red Velvet Swing.- The true story of Evelyn Nesbit Shaw (Joan Collins), a beautiful showgirl caught in a love triangle with elderly architect Stanford White (Ray Milland) and eccentric young millionaire Harry K. Thaw (Farley Granger).

All three of the lead actors are great in their respective roles. But while no one knows for sure what happened that night between Nesbit and White, its safe to say it wasn't like how it was portrayed in this movie. On a side note though, 1950s' Joan Collins, son of a bitch!

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Gold.- During the 1980s', Kenny Wells, (Matthew McConaughey) a prospector desperate for a lucky break, teams up with a similarly eager geologist (Edgar Ramirez) and sets off on a journey to find gold in the uncharted jungle of Indonesia.

It was quite good. Which is surprising considering it had been in development since 2011. At one point, first Micheal Mann and then Spike Lee were attached to to direct it. I also thought the story was more interesting than some of the other true crime stories that have been released over the past few years. This was the first time that I have seen Bryce Dallas Howard in a movie. I don't know if it was the clothes she was wearing or what, but I didn't realize she had an ass on her.
The problem I had with Gold was that Kenny was either a negligent idiot or a total scumbag, yet we were supposed to sympathize with him. We were supposed to feel he was a good guy.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
In Good Company (2004) - I don't have anything to say about the movie except did Scarlett Johansson's voice change that dramatically it do they do something to her voice? She doesn't sound anything close to what she sounds like now in this film.

In Good Company (2004) - I don't have anything to say about the movie except did Scarlett Johansson's voice change that dramatically it do they do something to her voice? She doesn't sound anything close to what she sounds like now in this film.
I don't know, but I'd like to spread my factoids all over her box of Krispity Krunch.

The problem I had with Gold was that Kenny was either a negligent idiot or a total scumbag, yet we were supposed to sympathize with him. We were supposed to feel he was a good guy.
I think Kenny was a sympathetic character because of his motivations. The only real scumbag thing he did was how quickly he turned on Kay. Although think that had more to do with his drinking problem and not something that was done out of maliciousness. But the ending did make you wonder was he "the face" of Micheal Acosta's con. But just didn't know it.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Just showed my friend 1998's Dirty Work. Its such an obviously low budget movie but its still one of my guilty pleasures. The movie theater scene with Don Rickles is far and away the best part. And it was the last thing Chris Farley was in shortly before he died

Just showed my friend 1998's Dirty Work. Its such an obviously low budget movie but its still one of my guilty pleasures. The movie theater scene with Don Rickles is far and away the best part. And it was the last thing Chris Farley was in shortly before he died
That's the Vietnamese whore bit my nose off!!

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
The Spiderverse movie was fantastic.
Was it as hyper-pc/anti-white guy as the comics? Movie has been sitting in my torrent folder for a good month now starting at me, but I've been avoiding it due to possible underlying narratives.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Was it as hyper-pc/anti-white guy as the comics? Movie has been sitting in my torrent folder for a good month now starting at me, but I've been avoiding it due to possible underlying narratives.
It isn't, but if you're going into it believing that that's what it's about, you'll get your confirmation bias regardless.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Climax - Like most Gaspar Noe movies, you go through periods of "what the hell is he doing" then you find yourself into it but can't really explain what makes it so hypnotic. I've been thinking about it since. Unsettling. Really good soundtrack too. But it's definitely not for everyone.

The original Star is Born - It's on Amazon Prime and it's actually pretty good. I've only seen two versions of the story, but I can see why it's connected generation after generation. It pulls off the Hollywood satire and maintains its dark and ultimately sad edge.

Saikotic

Donator
Nothing hits you over the head. "Spider Gwen" is smartly named Spiderwoman, and there's never any "Let's show the boys whho's tough" type moments or "The police always shoot the Black guy" moments either.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
I watched that movie over the weekend too. First time I saw it in a couple of years. It is one of those movies I never would have watched in the theater and probably watched it the first time in the middle of the night to try and fall asleep. I clearly recall that I wouldn't like it and wound up really liking it so much that I will watch it when I am channel surfing.

Watching it all these years later is like digging up an economic time capsule. It signifies Corporate greed at its finest. billionaires in a personal competition with gobbling up as many companies as possible and the mid-level employees are disposable.

It has a nice ending for Dennis Quaid's character. I always wondered what became of that character 5 years later when the economy collapsed. He was 5 years older, working in the dying print industry that was already in decline and would never recover.3 kids, 2 mortgages, 1 I college and had a 4 year old. I am so curious how it worked out for him. Did he go into online advertising sales? I hope so. And, where is he today 15 years after the movie was set at 68 years old.

No, I am not over thinking this.

Sent from your Mom's box.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Yes, very much so. My than 6 year old loves the movie. This is exactly how Hollywood is indoctrinating white children to grow up thinking that they are the problem in the world.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Triple Frontier.

I liked it. It's definitely a journey for all the characters involved. You see the emotional evolving and regression through out the film.

Saikotic

Donator
Triple Frontier.

I liked it. It's definitely a journey for all the characters involved. You see the emotional evolving and regression through out the film.

I've been told by a friend whose tastes I mostly trust that I should see that. I'm in The Kid Who Would Be King and I'm enjoying it so far. Seems solid.