Movie Last Movie You Watched Part 2

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
I watched that movie over the weekend too. First time I saw it in a couple of years. It is one of those movies I never would have watched in the theater and probably watched it the first time in the middle of the night to try and fall asleep. I clearly recall that I wouldn't like it and wound up really liking it so much that I will watch it when I am channel surfing.

Watching it all these years later is like digging up an economic time capsule. It signifies Corporate greed at its finest. billionaires in a personal competition with gobbling up as many companies as possible and the mid-level employees are disposable.

It has a nice ending for Dennis Quaid's character. I always wondered what became of that character 5 years later when the economy collapsed. He was 5 years older, working in the dying print industry that was already in decline and would never recover.3 kids, 2 mortgages, 1 I college and had a 4 year old. I am so curious how it worked out for him. Did he go into online advertising sales? I hope so. And, where is he today 15 years after the movie was set at 68 years old.

No, I am not over thinking this.

Sent from your Mom's box.
I know what you mean. I thought the same thing when Dennis Quaid and Foreman were trying to sell magazine ads at the end of the film and the old man says I know what's good for business and shits on his sons internet ideas. Way to go Sears.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
I know what you mean. I thought the same thing when Dennis Quaid and Foreman were trying to sell magazine ads at the end of the film and the old man says I know what's good for business and shits on his sons internet ideas. Way to go Sears.
It's so funny how Movies like this and Syriana didn't age well with their stances.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
The Man who Killed Hitler, and Then Big Foot.

The great Sam Elliott stars in this epic tale that's set in WW2 1940's to 1987. The supporting cast is excellent. This isn't a campy 4th wall type of film. It's dark and serious and I feel like only Sam Elliott with his particular method if acting could have pulled this off and made it believable. Its definitely worth watching.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse

What a great fucking movie.
Funny, entertaining, one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

DiggerNick

Donator
Netflix's THE DIRT (2019)

It's better than the vastly over-rated BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. My only real complaint is that the guy who played Vince Neil didn't get the chance to play Randy Rhodes, since he is the spitting fucking image of him.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Bumblebee
While not the best movie in the franchise it's the easiest on the eyes becasue they cut back on the constant spinning while transforming bullshit of past flicks.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Dragged Across Concrete (2019, but not really). About fuckin time. Cops Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn get suspended after being caught on video roughing up a perp, and thus begins S. Craig Zahler's third film. Everything Zahler is known for is there, but in different proportions. The critics even sound the same: it's a "basic boneheaded, right-wing action movie." It's slower than Bone Tomahawk and Cell Block 99, and significantly longer, and it's great. What most surprised me was all the cool old 70s R&B songs on the soundtrack are actually newly written for the movie...by Zahler, with the best of them performed by the O'Jays.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Triple Threat (2019)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Threat_(2019_film)

Tony Jaa and Iko Uwais.

The worst film either has been in. Ever. You can tell the Dwayne Smith Screeplay was rushed. The fight choreo was not by the Merantau Film Company that put together 'The Raid', etc. The plot was shit. Characters were bland. Plotholes aplenty.

Skip it.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Netflix's THE DIRT (2019)

It's better than the vastly over-rated BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. My only real complaint is that the guy who played Vince Neil didn't get the chance to play Randy Rhodes, since he is the spitting fucking image of him.
The Dirt was a great way to relive some of that era.

I think Mick Mars deserves his own solo film. He is clearly the most interesting of the group.

The Dirt was a great way to relive some of that era.

I think Mick Mars deserves his own solo film. He is clearly the most interesting of the group.

Keep your stories of drugs and women. I want to hear more about the guy that's had arthritis since he was a teenager.

DiggerNick

Donator
78/52, the documentary about the shower scene in PSYCHO. It's a bit long but has enough interesting tidbits and guest commenters to make it entertaining.

And it made me think that it's almost a shame they couldn't remake it now with Margot Robbie as Marion Crane and Andrew Garfield as Norman Bates.

ruckstande

Revenge - Sort of a modern day "I Spit on Your Grave". Matilda Lutz is hot and the director just wanted to star her ass. My wife and I really liked it. I kept hearing about how uncomfortable it was and disturbing yet I didn't get any of that. It's bloody as hell although there's so much blood it's kind of hilarious. No idea where it all comes from. Although it was good I kept wondering what the director was trying to go for aesthetically. I couldn't tell where they were and what the antagonists were actually doing. I kept thinking they were trying to make a movie that made American's look bad with their guns, hunting, and capitalistic ways. She had an I Love LA shirt. One guy wore a U.S. Navy shirt, the HSN channel blaring on the tv later in the film as well as the wrestling match. They made you think this was in Nevada yet they're license plates are European.

DiggerNick

Donator
Revenge - Sort of a modern day "I Spit on Your Grave". Matilda Lutz is hot and the director just wanted to star her ass. My wife and I really liked it. I kept hearing about how uncomfortable it was and disturbing yet I didn't get any of that. It's bloody as hell although there's so much blood it's kind of hilarious. No idea where it all comes from. Although it was good I kept wondering what the director was trying to go for aesthetically. I couldn't tell where they were and what the antagonists were actually doing. I kept thinking they were trying to make a movie that made American's look bad with their guns, hunting, and capitalistic ways. She had an I Love LA shirt. One guy wore a U.S. Navy shirt, the HSN channel blaring on the tv later in the film as well as the wrestling match. They made you think this was in Nevada yet they're license plates are European.
It's great but it goes on a bit much. How much blood can a nigga lose while running around before he keels over? Trim 5-8 minutes off that shit and it would be an exploitation masterpiece.

ruckstande

It's great but it goes on a bit much. How much blood can a nigga lose while running around before he keels over? Trim five minutes off that shit and it would be an exploitation masterpiece.
I mean, there's hundreds of feet of blood and it's silly. One scene where someone is bleeding to death and dragging their body on the ground yet the blood isn't smeared and looks like someone just walked backwards with a bucket of blood bothered me.

DiggerNick

Donator
I mean, there's hundreds of feet of blood and it's silly. One scene where someone is bleeding to death and dragging their body on the ground yet the blood isn't smeared and looks like someone just walked backwards with a bucket of blood bothered me.
If you want eurocrime done at an insanely high level of style I implore you to check out Cattet and Forzani's LET THE CORPSES TAN (2017). It's safe to say that these filmmakers make stuff unlike anything you have ever seen before.