Movie Last Movie You Watched Part 2

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Regal Unlimited Movie #4 - The Peanut Butter Falcon.

It’s a shame Shia Labeauf went nuts a few years ago, and a bigger shame people handed Joaquin Phoenix the Oscar literally before he ever stepped on set for The Joker, because Labeauf’s performance was...pretty darn close to Oscar worthy. Maybe the bout with crazy actually helped him. Dakota Johnson looked luminous, even if she was out acted by the Down Syndrome kid. I don’t think there’s much doubt this will finish as my favorite movie of the year.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Pet Sematary 2019. So far it's lacking the atmosphere of the original.
Watched Jigsaw after Pet Sematary. Made it a lazy day. Not the best of the franchise, but didn't suck if you're into that kind of flick.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Creed 2: I was pleasantly surprised how good the movie was considering the predictable nature. I honestly think this wraps up the Rocky series. I know we said that when Rocky Balboa came out, but now it seems like everyone alive and dead have come full circle. There is no where else to go.

Sent from your Mom's box.

Pigdango

Donator
Dark Phoenix. I didn’t quite catch the whole thing as I was watching it on a plane, but @Stormrider666 , you can put your brackets away, my friend. There’s no question this is the worst comic book movie of all time. It might be one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

Pickle

IT Chapter 2.

Pretty long, pretty meh, and pretty unscary. At times it couldn’t decide if it wanted to be a comedy or horror film.

Even though it wasn’t scary either, I enjoyed chapter 1 for the most part. Chapter 2 was a stinker.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
A triple header from writer/director Samuel Fuller:

The Baron of Arizona.- Master swindler James Reavis (Vincent Price) painstakingly spends years forging documents and land grants that will make his wife (Ellen Drew) and him undisputed owners of the entire state of Arizona.

Pick-Up On South Street.- A pickpocket (Richard Widmark) unwittingly lifts a message destined for enemy agents and becomes a target for a Communist spy ring.

Underworld U.S.A.- A teenager (David Kent/Cliff Robertson) who witnesses the murder of his father vows to exact revenge on the four mobsters involved in the killing.

LiddyRules

She Is Not My BFF. She Is Not.
Dark Phoenix. I didn’t quite catch the whole thing as I was watching it on a plane, but @Stormrider666 , you can put your brackets away, my friend. There’s no question this is the worst comic book movie of all time. It might be one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.
I wouldn't go that far. It's not worse than BvS. We really need to redo that on HitW. I think people are forgetting how wretched it is.

Also, this ending or the one in the actual movie?

Because I can't remember if the Mansion was School's Out For The Summer, but I don't think it was, but I do think it's better than what we got with another chess scene with Magneto, who is punished for his once again crimes against humanity by being unexiled? But it definitely seems like there's more closure in wherever the f this came from.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
I wouldn't go that far. It's not worse than BvS. We really need to redo that on HitW. I think people are forgetting how wretched it is.

Also, this ending or the one in the actual movie?

Because I can't remember if the Mansion was School's Out For The Summer, but I don't think it was, but I do think it's better than what we got with another chess scene with Magneto, who is punished for his once again crimes against humanity by being unexiled? But it definitely seems like there's more closure in wherever the f this came from.
I think because people were so focused on the Martha thing, they forgot about what else was wrong with the movie.

LiddyRules

I think because people were so focused on the Martha thing, they forgot about what else was wrong with the movie.
They released a 3 hour cut!

I think there are two other factors that also aid in its 'salvaged' reputation. 1) It's a superhero movie and because there are a lot of them, it's easier to be more forgettable. Especially after Aquaman and Shazam showed a course correction. 2) TLJ. I think the hatred towards TLJ made people forget the hatred they had towards BvS because Star Wars was more sacrosanct.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
They released a 3 hour cut!

I think there are two other factors that also aid in its 'salvaged' reputation. 1) It's a superhero movie and because there are a lot of them, it's easier to be more forgettable. Especially after Aquaman and Shazam showed a course correction. 2) TLJ. I think the hatred towards TLJ made people forget the hatred they had towards BvS because Star Wars was more sacrosanct.
I also think the people associated with B v S aren't hated as much as the people with TLJ are. Which is weird because the cast pulled the "We don't make movies for the critics" card. Even Zack Snyder with his not respecting DC's superheroes doesn't get it as bad as Rian Johnson has gotten it.

You can also have sympathy/empathy for them too. Snyder's daughter committing suicide, Affleck's meltdown, and Cavill's career hitting a snag.

Finally, where people hate Disney, they laugh at and mock Warner Brothers/DC. For example, the mustache debacle.

Pigdango

Donator
Regal Unlimited Movie #5 - Angel Has Fallen.

God damn these movies are magnificent. So incredibly stupid and predictable and yet they somehow manage to throw in a few surprises and keep things fun and interesting. Some spectacularly bad CGI had me giggling, but not nearly as much as the mid credits scene.

I realize the rest of Gerry Butt’s career is a big stinker, but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed all three movies and hope they can squeeze out one or two more.

LiddyRules

God damn these movies are magnificent. So incredibly stupid and predictable and yet they somehow manage to throw in a few surprises and keep things fun and interesting. Some spectacularly bad CGI had me giggling, but not nearly as much as the mid credits scene.

I realize the rest of Gerry Butt’s career is a big stinker, but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed all three movies and hope they can squeeze out one or two more.
There was an encrypted folder on the dark web!

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih

I hope they continue making them but get even more batshit like the Fast and Furious franchise did. Basically, I want GB to end up having to protect the President in space, and I need it as convoluted as possible.

DiggerNick

Donator
I hope they continue making them but get even more batshit like the Fast and Furious franchise did. Basically, I want GB to end up having to protect the President in space, and I need it as convoluted as possible.
Well, Butler was very nearly Snake Plissken in an ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake. So maybe he has a hard-on for that concept.

Or a mortgage that needs to be paid.

Voodoo Ben

The African Dream
Great movie. In Australia, seeing goofy sketch comic Eric Bana in this role was amazing.

This is what we knew him from.
I first learned about Chopper Reid when i came across these skits a few years ago.

I first assumed this was a character made up by this guy, then i found out Chopper Reid was a real person.

DiggerNick

Donator
'Uncle Chop-Chop' had to move to Tasmania for the rest of his life, because it was the only part of the country where nobody wanted to kill him. His books are great, if you can get them overseas or through torrent sites.

This is one of the greatest pieces of Aussie TV ever. Chopper had, the night befoe, appeared on a chat show very drunk and laughing about his crimes. The moral guardians of decency didn't like that, including the incredibly powerful, self-righteous (and completely closeted) radio personality Alan Jones.

Alan Jones and the host Kerri-Ann Kennerly thought they would give Chopper a spanking live on air. But Chopper had other plans... and delivered one of the greatest smack-downs in television history.

Last edited:

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Also check out the original version of A Woman's Face starring Ingrid Bergman. There two movies that have the same plot, but different endings because of the countries they were made in.
I liked it, but nowhere as much as the Crawford version. So much was different: no trial as a framing device, so the big reveal was muted; her motivation wasn't as dark; and the ending was sappy. As good as Crawford was, Ingrid Bergman was the only thing I liked better. And her makeup was a little grislier - they jacked up her eye really good and gave her a Billy Idol sneer. Crawford just looked like someone slapped a cookie on her face.

I signed up for a trial to the Criterion Channel to watch this, and because it had all the early British Hitchcocks that Studio Canal remastered in 2012...then never got around to watching any of them :butterface: