Movie Last Movie You Watched Part 2

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
“The Russians hacked the election to get Morgan Freeman elected and now they are trying to kill him!”
The second Danny Huston appeared on screen, I was like - oh, he's the villain. Then the second when the Vice President appeared on screen, I was like "and he's the person paying the villain."

Their scheme really made no sense even with the loose logic of these movies.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
The second Danny Huston appeared on screen, I was like - oh, he's the villain. Then the second when the Vice President appeared on screen, I was like "and he's the person paying the villain."

Their scheme really made no sense even with the loose logic of these movies.
It’s always the Vice President. I’m not sure why they even tried to hide his voice, but I did laugh at the moment where they were like “oh this is ridiculous, it’s him. Look, here he is.”

LiddyRules

It’s always the Vice President. I’m not sure why they even tried to hide his voice, but I did laugh at the moment where they were like “oh this is ridiculous, it’s him. Look, here he is.”
I don't even know what the plan was. Especially after they killed the FBI Agent who came from a Lifetime movie.

Nolte was cool though.

Pigdango

Donator
I don't even know what the plan was. Especially after they killed the FBI Agent who came from a Lifetime movie.

Nolte was cool though.
That was a nice surprise. It went from by the numbers to “shit just got fucking weird and goofy and deep in all the right ways.” I think that’s why they just cut off the actual plot of the movie and said “fuck it. More of this.”

“But what of weird face Jabba Plinkett?”

“Fuck it. Let’s just kill her off.”

“But wouldn’t that sort of expose the whole pl-“

“Be right back. Gonna shoot a scene with Nolte in a pickup truck.”

Pigdango

Donator
“We need someone to play Banning’s wife.”

“Well we could just get Radha Mitchell, who played her in the first two movies.”

“Why would we do that?”

LiddyRules

“We need someone to play Banning’s wife.”

“Well we could just get Radha Mitchell, who played her in the first two movies.”

“Why would we do that?”
It wasn't Perabo?

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
For some reason whenever I see Radha Mitchell's name I immediately think I'm about to see Rhona Mitra. It disappoints me every time.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
The Dark Crystal. -On another planet in the distant past, a Gelfling embarks on a quest to find the missing shard of a magical crystal, and so restore order to his world.

I couldn't believe how much of this movie I remembered having not seen it since the early-mid 1980s'. One of the thing's I was able to appreciate while watching it again, was how much Henson and company were able to accomplish in the opening 10 minutes. They built the world of TDC, introduced the characters, and gave the premise of the story. Most of this was done before the title card. With the exception of a couple of scenes, the movie still holds up visually.

Inherent Vice.- In 1970, drug-fueled Los Angeles private investigator Larry "Doc" Sportello (Joaquin Phoenix) investigates the disappearance of a former girlfriend (Katherine Waterston).

Despite some pacing issues, I thought it was very good. Mainly due to the setting and the cast of characters.

I loved how the Golden Fang was a drug cartel ran by WASPs instead of Asians

I have never see any of the Fantastic Beasts movies. But I always knew there was a reason why I took notice of Katherine Waterston whenever I saw a commercial for them.

Last edited:

Voodoo Ben

The African Dream
I watched part of a Marx Brothers movie late last night.

Zeppo Marx didn't really do much did he?

LiddyRules

There's a reason why after the first few movies they went to three. But Duck Soup and Horse Feathers > A Night At The Opera and A Day At The Races

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
There's a reason why after the first few movies they went to three. But Duck Soup and Horse Feathers > A Night At The Opera and A Day At The Races
I'll add Monkey Business to the complete the Zeppo movie trifecta.

Although its weird that they went to three after the first few movies. Considering the fact that both ANATO and ADATR feature characters that Zeppo could have easily played.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Shaft (2019). I've never seen any of the real Shaft movies, but I doubt they had this tone. This is a comedy. There's a generic plot about a heroin dealer and some mercenaries and a mosque, but it doesn't matter. It's the exceedingly rare Actually Funny comedy. The 32/94 RT critic/audience split is for exactly the reasons you'd expect: "misogynistic," "homophobic," "borderline abuse" (lol), and "the worst and most problematic film of 2019-or any other year, for that matter." Put down the pitchforks, fellas. It's just an entertaining movie. There's no Most Woke award for film criticism.

From what I read about the brothers, Zeppo's own sense of humor was too similar to Groucho's to be effectively used, so he was relegated to generic tagalong. Plus he didn't have the love for performing that the older three did.

Zeppo would also fill in for his brothers during their Broadway/vaudeville days. A story I heard is that Groucho was sick one evening and sat in the audience while Zeppo donned the painted mustache, and nobody knew the difference.